otherwise heat the reactor

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
quick
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

otherwise heat the reactor

by quick » 14/11/05, 22:25

Hello everyone
has anyone tried to heat the reactor other than by the exhaust?
I would try well to suppress the passage of the exhaust gases and to heat the tube around the rod by crossing it by an electric current 12v and some handle of amperes. (it is necessary to isolate everything electrically if not hello sparks)
the advantages of this principle:
ability to put the reactor as close as possible to the intake (on the intake pipe)
avoid building and modifying the exhaust pipe (the biggest part of the job!)
constant or adjustable reactor temperature (+ or- of amperes)
disadvantages:
do not use the waste heat (but considering the other losses we have more than that ready!)
probably needs a second battery if you want to be able to restart after 2 hours of use!
Problems:
what material and thickness of tube to use so that it heats well (between 500 and 700 degrees I think) without pumping too much current?
alu copper other?
If you have good or bad ideas and opinions on the principle, do not hesitate we are all takers.
see you later
0 x
rezut
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by rezut » 15/11/05, 08:23

hi quick
you can always try but know that the process only works when there is a double flow and reverses in addition
I tested it on my own at my first assembly because I had to mount my reactor parallel to the cylinder head so no reverse flow and no consumption level result since I placed the reactor in the tube and with the reverse flow consumption = -1L / 100
but you can also heat it with the LDR like the merco on quanthome apparently it gives the same results although I doubt it a little
up to you
keep us informed
0 x
quick
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by quick » 15/11/05, 20:06

bo, evening
ldr = coolant c ca ca?
ca not heat very strong ca 100 ° max ca is enough?
the principle of reverse flow is not like magnetism and running in the north.
I will try to make an assembly without reverse flow and heat enough enough we will see!
0 x
nlc
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by nlc » 15/11/05, 20:26

Experience interests me!

Because for me, the reverse flow just allows to have a higher temperature on the outlet of the reactor than on the inlet. Therefore, the air coming from the bubbler goes from the warmest to the warmest and can reach a higher temperature than if the air went from the warmest to the warmest (because of the thermal inertia, the air cannot heat instantly).

Me my idea to simplify the installation, would be to pierce the tube of the exhaust pipe from side to side, and therefore to place the reactor at 90 ° C.

With such an assembly, on my vehicle I will be able to approach much closer to the engine exhaust outlet. But we will see later, it already has to work with the "standard" assembly!
0 x

Back to "Water injection in the engines: the assembly and experimentation"