System G on a helicopter

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 19/09/06, 04:27

Hello
Anyway this machine has every 100 hours and every year even if it flies 3 hours a year it has to be inspected and a package of signatures and I am not sure on this Huges model if it is. not at 50 hours depending on the rotor model, (some helicopters require more maintenance hours than flight hours) so I would be surprised if a mechanic signed in his book with such a modification and dismantled the license just to pass inspection (there are a few days left in the mechanic's possession). it takes another set of exhaust pipes.
Moreover for the little that I flew in France during my vacation in an aeroclub I saw the complexity and the severe rules that there are, for example it takes a flight plan and very specific corridors and obligation to 'land on an airport (no question of going to a friend's farm or to a beautiful field, it's quite a survey. The flight times take off and landing place are noted down to the minute, everything is checked and recorded in a book. It's a little more relaxed on the insectiside watering and for the helicopters, but I doubt it knowing the big French governmental machine which will put its nose in the tanks of HV of the cars what is that that must be for airplanes! (I make my tongue dirty)
You just install an instrument in the dashboard you have to put it in the weight and balance, you change the extinguisher place same story, the owner can not even disassemble the spark plugs, much less change the battery.
For each flight you have to enter the quantity of fuel, the weight of the pilots and passengers, the quantity of oil, enter any anomalies in the daily book and sign, now he has 2 other books to fill, one for the airframe and one for propeller, the daily log must be on board for each flight it can be requested whenever you land in an airport.
it needs to be fulfilled to date.

If you are an observer and you dig a little more on Quand home you will know where this post comes from (not very far from Laurent's) not very far from the SPADs not the famous Duperdussin planes ... A guy who succeeds in all these nickel assemblies ..

When the measurement of the fuel consumed on an airplane is far from being simple, the method I use, I heat the engine for a short flight so that everything is hot, I land I refuel plug, I took off again and made a flight of just one hour, I ended up circling above to arrive on time I land and with a well-measured 25-liter can I fill up to the top then I measure the little that remains or that I add with a measured cup. Why do it like that, if you go to an airport there is traffic and all kind of constraint and careful rolling on the ground which distorts your whole reading, it does not take long to swallow 2 liters in slow motion waiting for another (pilot city) which makes an approach of Boeing. In a field you go in and out without circuit protocol, like field pilots.

Andre
0 x
MichelM
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by MichelM » 19/09/06, 07:40

Hello André
You want to undermine our morale by talking about controls and procedures!
In France there are a lot of laws, regulations, procedures, which no one is supposed to ignore; but as long as there are no firm directives from administrations, from the government, or from accidents, from topicality, from publicity of the media on a particular problem, one lives in a state of rather high permissiveness. Everyone does what they want, until the day of the accident, the straw that broke the camel's back, the intolerable for the administrations, the shortfall for the companies etc. Woe to those who get caught!
Michel
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 19/09/06, 08:07

Thank you André for your answer

1) Oxidation poses no problem in injecting additional water into the engine ... the people who advance this argument apparently do not know much about combustion since a liter of petroleum fuel rejects roughly 1 Kg of water vapor ...

2) The injection of pure H2, on the other hand, may pose problems with combustion and hot spot adjustment ... but an engine must be able to withstand a fairly high% (20 to 30% with a ladle) without problem and particular setting ... provided that the O2 is not injected (if the H2 was made by electrolysis) ...

but in fact, yes, we are going to inject exactly the necessary quantity of 02 to make water again.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
zulu
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

I very much doubt ...

by zulu » 19/09/06, 10:25

I very much doubt that a certified helicopter can be tinkered with and fly with any licensed pilot. For many reasons (responsibilities, ...) it is impossible.

The photo of the Quanthomme site was taken from the site http://alexnet-passion.chez-alice.fr/page_1_aviation.htm. It shows the actual characteristics of the engine.

I'm afraid the animators at Quanthomme were fooled.
0 x
Christophe

Re: I very much doubt ...

by Christophe » 19/09/06, 11:02

Zulu wrote:I very much doubt that a certified helicopter can be tinkered with and fly with any licensed pilot. For many reasons (responsibilities, ...) it is impossible.

The photo of the Quanthomme site was taken from the site http://alexnet-passion.chez-alice.fr/page_1_aviation.htm. It shows the actual characteristics of the engine.

I'm afraid the animators at Quanthomme were fooled.

Thank you for this research ...

If they were fooled then, we (and me) too then ... indeed there is no more "blurring" on these photo series here:
http://alexnet-passion.chez-alice.fr/pa ... hes300.htm

We even see the "suposé" disconnected water injection system here:
http://alexnet-passion.chez-alice.fr/pa ... 300_14.htm
and the:
http://alexnet-passion.chez-alice.fr/pa ... 300_15.htm

On the other hand this red pipe does not really fit the original ...kk1 have any idea what it is?

Pffff ... : Evil:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/09/06, 11:15

Good after brief research on the net, it seems that this "red pipe" is mounted on all models:

Discrete version:

Mega version : Cheesy: :

Apparently it ties the Turbo or some kind of blower to "something else ..."

As seen above, its neutralization does not prevent the use of the helicopter ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/09/06, 11:18

Idea: Couldn't it be the cabin heater by any chance?
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 19/09/06, 11:21

Not very discreet, and unusual steps from a gendarme…
Beautiful passions and images all the same.
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 19/09/06, 11:34

For English speakers, the manufacturer's website.
I did not find any additional information ...
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 19/09/06, 11:42

PITMIX wrote:.
And how do you know if the G system is really connected to the engine?
How do you know if it really brings something?

I suck at cl / liter conversion but I was not wrong everywhere
Ki kess kavé right ???
0 x