fiat punto sx td60 1998

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
Naeco_29
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

fiat punto sx td60 1998

by Naeco_29 » 22/01/07, 21:21

Hello
It's been two weeks since I discovered by chance the pantone system and I am very interested and I intend to install it on my car
After a little reflection of the small problem and optimize the instalation of the pantone reactor with a GV system

The Fiat Punto is equipped with a small turbo (after reading the system equip on turbo diesel I is not included).

The problem with the turbo is that either at the air intake we have an air pressure but on the contrary if the turbo is activated we have an air pressure.

In a first case I said to myself quite simply why not take the arrival of pantone gas to enter the turbo, but I think that I would lose the gain that can be gained with the pantone system especially in regular mode which does not require no turbo

So I said to myself why not play between the two operating phases of the turbo, that is to say:

- we prick the arrival of pantone gas just before the air intake (turbo not activated)

-on a second arrival of pantone gas upstream of the turbo (turbo activate)

But you would tell me that there will be no possible depression with this connection without a specific system, and this is why I thought of using two pressure probes and two small solenoid valves all connected to a comparator PDO, which solves the concern in both cases, in established mode the gas by directly in the engine, and when the turbo is activated it is the upstream arrival which is open

This is how I think I make the connection
What do you think :?:
Thank you
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 22/01/07, 21:25

hi and welcome to the forum

Do not take the head off before the turbo (anyway it always turns); the simpler the better it works : Lol:

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
Other

by Other » 22/01/07, 21:43

Hello,
To my knowledge I do not know of any panton assembly after the turbo, everyone comes in ahead of the turbo.

Zac on the turbo that you tried did you have a poorer performance of the panton than the ones without turbo ..
just to get an idea if it's just the lack of heat or passing the panton throttle away from the inlet through the turbo turbine?
both problems are corrected, but at the expense of a lot of changes that I don't want to make just to find out.
It involves, one, placing the reactor before the turbo (I think about it)
and the other pressurize the reactor with the same pressure as the turbo, in order to enter the manifold directly, but I have doubts that it is a lot of energy for little gain and it is an irreversible maneuver on my engine and far from simplicity ..

Andre
Andre
0 x
Naeco_29
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Naeco_29 » 23/01/07, 19:25

ok dak
I especially wanted to know if it was useful for something that I had undertaken to do.
Thank you for your answers
I will update my evolution on my little punto
: Cheesy:
0 x
zac

by zac » 23/01/07, 20:22

Andre wrote:Zac on the turbo that you tried did you have a poorer performance of the panton than the ones without turbo ..

Hello

on the only turbo engine that I can compare (psa 1.9l), because I had to fit on the model with and without turbo.

the blocks are close (same stroke, same bore).

the gain was much + low with the turbo, not measurable in consumption, low on torque but (fortunately) impressive in depolution.

I don't think that going up after the turbo is interesting because you will need a huge gas plant to keep the vacuum in the reactor.
In addition I have never seen a big difference, on an admo, between a tapping at the inlet of the air filter or at the inlet of the collector (at equal depression).
the further it is, the "softer" it is, the closer it is, the more you feel the "turbo" effect. But on the conso it's worth.

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)

This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 24/01/07, 08:42

hi zac, your turbo, it had an exchanger ??
this is the case on my focus it still slows me down! (I don't have all the pieces)
the circuit is long, I fear condensation in the exchanger. If one day I buy a diesel, it is atmo. , but the recent diesel there are still without turbo ?? even the smallest have turbos : Evil:
fiat punto :!:
0 x
White would not exist without the dark, but anyway!

http://maison-en-paille.blogspot.fr/
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 24/01/07, 12:15

naeco:

what displacement and what consumption, your fiat?
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 25/01/07, 01:14

Auto Plus is your friend.

1698 cm3 and 7,7 measured during the test in 1998 ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 25/01/07, 08:27

7,7 liters is actually a bit much for a small car like that. That said, you should write down your numbers, pcq the reviewers are running dry. By way of comparison, I was doing between 7,8 and 8,5 with a Peugeot 807 (= Fiat Ulysse) from the same year (relaxed vacation - ordinary use + gallery + ladder)

I make between 6,8 and 7,5 with an atmospheric diesel on a partner 1,9D much bigger, heavier, with a large frontal area, + gallery, + scale
(mixed route, few traffic jams)

you should be able to do better
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 25/01/07, 11:06

Hello
In the end, it would be necessary to drive very exactly under the same conditions as the tests to have the same consumption.
My car is given for 7,5L / 100km in city cylinder.
It must certainly be able to do them, but not in the conditions in which I use it (trip of less than 5km).
At this rate it is 10L / 100km.
0 x