Experimentation small tractor, photo to come

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
Flytox

by Flytox » 14/04/09, 20:13

Hello Akasha
Akasha wrote:Have any tests already been done by adjusting the injection pumps to balance less diesel?

It is useless to reduce the amount of diesel if not to slow down. It is not like on a petrol engine or one seeks to decrease the richness (percentage mass petrol / mass air). On a Diesel there is much more air than it takes to burn it. There is no butterfly that reduces the air flow and the engine sucks whatever it wants. At low speeds the excess air is enormous.

There is only at full pot that there is only 10 to 15% of air in excess compared to the perfect stoichiometric combustion. So the fuel you inject is just to get the horses you need. The combustion is not homogeneous since the diesel is injected very late (a little before and after the top dead center). He didn't really have time to mix intimately with the air.

This is where the water and / or water vapor acts to break / disperse the diesel droplets so that they can have better contact (exchange surface) with the oxygen in the air and therefore improve combustion with equal amount of diesel. The chemistry of combustion is a little different and also improved which also limits the appearance of particles. (There are a few posts that will explain this more fully if you are interested).
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Akasha
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Akasha » 14/04/09, 22:24

The problem that has clouded my mind for the past few days is that the tractor only makes short trips. He goes from one field to another, picks up green waste, stops and leaves each time and does not make more than 2 km at any maximum breakage in one time at light load ... I doubt that the system is very effective in these conditions...

In addition I am trying to convince the managers and some of them are a little scared that I kill the engine. I can reassure them by telling them that I am touching the exhaust but it really is not won!
So many questions that cast a shadow on my project.

To have..!
0 x
Akasha
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Akasha » 15/04/09, 13:52

[/ Quote]
There is only at full pot that there is only 10 to 15% of air in excess compared to the perfect stoichiometric combustion. So the fuel you inject is just to get the horses you need. The combustion is not homogeneous since the diesel is injected very late (a little before and after the top dead center). He didn't really have time to mix intimately with the air.
[/ Quote]

so my question is still relevant, why is there a drop in consumption?
Combustion is more efficient, ok, but how is it that consumption changes? Do the gases push inside the cylinder and create sufficient pressure to prevent part of the diesel from arriving?
And then if the combustion is more efficient, the power should also increase? Or is there no connection between combustion efficiency and engine power?
Does this mean that idling is stronger when the system is in place and hot?
Do we have any information on this or are we still in the testing and experimentation period? In this case I am delighted delighted to take on research!
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 15/04/09, 17:38

Combustion is more efficient, ok, but how is it that consumption changes

just pcq you have to push the throttle less to get the same speed, right?
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be