Efficiency ecopra kit?

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
Virus
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Virus » 16/01/15, 20:33

Inglese:

Sorry for the English, I have built my own ECOPRA (some photos attached), and installed it on Kia 2.7 Lt. diesel truck.

I am currently getting 1.15 lt. 100 90 100 km / hour, and do not really see much beter performance.

Question: What should be the average water consumption?

Thank you

Virus

1 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 16/01/15, 21:55

French:

Hello Virus, welcome to the club.

For water consumption, depending on the assembly / vehicle, it can work over a wide range (0.5 to 2 liters / 100 km?). Most important is the "quality" of the steam you produce more than the quantity the engine swallows.

There are different "versions" of the Econokit, could you tell us which scheme you are using and any modifications you have made. Do you have a description / characteristics of the engine / other photos? :P
A+
1 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Virus
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Virus » 16/01/15, 23:06

Flytox, thank you for helping, I have been looking for you and you are quite knowledgeable and very active on the forum, so thank you for your time.

The motor is an 2.7 lt. diesel, old school, naturally aspirated, no sensor, no cat converter or anything, just working very hard every day.

I have not used a patent as such I just copied the ECOPRA from this photo with some difference,

the truck I am using it is still under warranty / warranty, so I would not have to drill it.

5, (already posted), (on the original ECOPRA the input to the bubbler is part of the reactor.) This is the reactor it fist the exhaust just below the manifold,

Also put a stainless steel cover over the reactor to keep it going.

On the air intake I got a lot of suction with the "wings"

Inside the bubbler I have a copper pipe drilled full of holes to act as a diffuse, the holes was 0.8 mm, I found them to small and enlarged them to 1.5 mm (might be big but time will tell.)

Is there a guide line for the temperatures of the bubbler and the reactor?

Hope this helps, please advise.

Virus
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 17/01/15, 23:20

Your editing is well done, clean 8)

suggestions:

You do not talk about monitoring the steam outlet temperature. If you have not already mounted, you can mount a thermometer. This helps to better understand how your installation reacts to changes.
In the problems already seen, the "steam" outlet temperature struggled to rise to 45 ° ... difficult to see while driving ....

Usually the main disadvantage for the bubbler is that it does not fit exactly on the exhaust pipe. As soon as there is a little air between the bubbler and the pipe, the heat passes very badly. Consequently, the bubbler is not hot enough (therefore not powerful enough to evaporate the water given to it). You could add a "paste" which supports the heat and replaces the air, but transmits the heat between the bubbler and the exhaust pipe.

For water supply with the boiler trap:

I have never managed to operate these boiler traps properly despite numerous tests and modifications. Most often the water overflows through the vent hole. Water goes on the road and not in the engine ... It does not matter. This trap is not intended to be shaken by the vibrations of the exhaust pipe as well as by the very frequent upstream downstream pressure inversions.
You have a choice for other water systems that work much better than this one.

The length of the pipe between the exhaust outlet and the inlet of the bubbler seems very long. This could cause too much cooling problems and too much pressure loss?
What are your pipe lengths? Usually it is best when they are "short". :P
1 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

Virus
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Virus » 18/01/15, 07:37

Thank you Flytox,

I bought a temp gauge yesterday and will make it fit soon and we can go from there.

I have installed a one way valve between the bubbler and the reactor that seemed to stop at the water from the road to the wind.

We will be out of town until Saturday next week, can we continue talking then?

Virus
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 18/01/15, 22:01

Virus wrote:I have installed a one way valve between the bubbler and the reactor that seemed to stop at the water from the road to the wind.

There may be another problem with the intake of gas from the exhaust. The soot (particles) accumulates even in the bubbler, pipes, boiler drain, .... anti return valve as your vehicle rolls. This produces a greasy deposit that closes / wedges the various mechanisms and small holes.
You have to watch regularly that you do not have this problem. It takes very little deposit for an anti return valve to hang slightly open and therefore no longer serves any purpose.
0 x

[Eugène Ionesco]

Back to "Water injection in the engines: the assembly and experimentation"