Water injection for diesel in Bolivia

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
El boliviano
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: Water injection for Diesel in Bolivia

by El boliviano » 10/06/16, 18:38

Hello!

Flytox wrote:What's the mouth of the rod with the km?

No idea, we didn't take it apart to see ..
We have a second reactor almost ready for replacement, but it won't be before a week.

Flytox wrote:It seems to me that André spoke about this several times, that it worked better with little water at the bottom of the bubbler. Higher water temperature in the bubbler? and / or greater volume above the water giving "better" steam? If you could measure the temperature of the fleet in both cases, we could move forward a bit !?

The temperature is not very high .. because there is no heating system for the water, but the bubbler is "heated" by the air from the radiator, because it is quite close.
but I don't think the water is over 40 ° C.

Flytox wrote:In one of my "projects" not yet realized, there is a system with a very small 12 v pump (which supports hot water) which very slowly fills the bubbler from below. In the bubbler, there is an overflow which allows: a constant level of float and water to return to a 5 liter tank below. The pump sucks into this reservoir and spits into a copper pipe heated by the Coolant. In the end, it spits water at around 85 ° C into the bubbler. You need a small filter on this circuit, otherwise it will not work for long (concretions / algae / bacteria etc ... : Mrgreen: )

I thought I would do something like that, but not obvious and it must be reliable over time.
0 x
A+

Florent
(El Boliviano)
El boliviano
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by El boliviano » 04/07/16, 18:56

Hello !

The upper is a little "tanned" compared to the beginning, but not changed much.
The first reactor was dismantled and a "new" installed where the rod is electrically insulated with two ceramic rings.

We don't have any consumer data yet, because the bus has a bridge problem, and it's been almost 10 days since it was stopped because the part is not available on Santa Cruz. you have to look for an opportunity .. and it seems to be a rare item .. : Cry:
Saturday, there was a hope of having found a complete bridge for the replacement .. there, I do not know more ..

Flytox wrote:In one of my "projects" not yet realized, there is a system with a very small 12 v pump (which supports hot water) which very slowly fills the bubbler from below. In the bubbler, there is an overflow which allows: a constant level of float and water to return to a 5 liter tank below. The pump sucks into this reservoir and spits into a copper pipe heated by the Coolant. In the end, it spits water at around 85 ° C into the bubbler. You need a small filter on this circuit, otherwise it will not work for long (concretions / algae / bacteria etc ... : Mrgreen: )

There, I work on a "bubbler" with an ultrasonic nebulizer, a pump and a radiator ...

my idea is to put the nebulizer at the bottom of a vertical tube, with an overflow 1cm above the nebulizer with return to the water tank.
above, an air inlet and at the top of the tube, the outlet to the reactor ...
A pump will pass the water from the tank to a small radiator (initially oil) placed just behind the bus radiator, then the radiator outlet when the water comes from the tube.

Thus, only 1cm of water will remain on the nebulizer.
The nebulizer model that I found is "variable", that is to say that we will be able to adjust the nebulization, therefore the water flow.

I already have the oil radiator (which comes from a motorcycle), the 12v water pump (car petrol pump), the tank. I found a 2.5l jerry can with two caps, it resists with hot water at 100 ° C (tested by me)
One of the plugs will be drilled for the return and the water suction rod, the other will serve as a filling.

I still have to get the ultrasound piezo ... and to manufacture the "bubbler tube" ... : roll:
0 x
A+

Florent
(El Boliviano)
Flytox

by Flytox » 04/07/16, 21:44

El boliviano wrote:Hello !

The upper is a little "tanned" compared to the beginning, but not changed much.
The first reactor was dismantled and a "new" installed where the rod is electrically insulated with two ceramic rings.

What do you put as water: rain, demineralized, tap etc.?

There, I work on a "bubbler" with an ultrasonic nebulizer, a pump and a radiator ...

my idea is to put the nebulizer at the bottom of a vertical tube, with an overflow to 1cm above the nebulizer with return to the water tank.
above, an air inlet and at the top of the tube, the outlet to the reactor ...

I'm sure there are a lot of interesting things to do with this system. 8)
For the "1 cm", made tests, by varying this height very little the flow of steam changes in a consequent way. At best, manage to make it an adjustable height.

The nebulizer model that I found is "variable", that is to say that we will be able to adjust the nebulization, therefore the water flow.

* Can you tell us more about it ? (variation in what way?).
* The nebulizers (mono-element) that we find here (Chinoiserie) are in 24 V alternating, must make a hack of adaptation.
* Usually nebulizers have a relatively low vapor "flow" (like 250ml / h). For my car I thought to put 4 that I can supply independently to vary the flow. You who have a big engine it would be necessary to mount 8 maybe?
* Chai not if I understood the assembly that you want to achieve but the piezo do not like hot water at all (extreme limit 80 °? And ultra low lifespan at this temperature?) ..... . :frown: : Wink:
If you only heat the air in which you dilute the mist, it must be good.

To vary the steam flow, there is also the possibility of varying, with a small flap, the amount of air that enters / sweeps your tube and takes away the steam. May be easier to manage than by electrical / electronic control at least initially.
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132