Volkswagen combi with pantone engine

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
jack. 185
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Pantone

by jack. 185 » 24/03/08, 10:48

What should we think of the opinion of an engineer from ADEME speaking on France-Info during a program hosted by several French-speaking journalists and questioning the reduction in pollutant releases thanks to the Pantone system. He argues that the handkerchief test may simply be a change in color. During this same broadcast, a Canadian journalist announces the upcoming marketing in his country of a vehicle equipped with an equivalent system.
I had the opportunity to go and see the assemblies carried out on the vehicles of the commune of Vitry / Sur / Orne and to discuss with the user personnel who seem completely satisfied with the modifications.
1 x
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 24/03/08, 11:33

that says it all: ingen. from M ...... : Cheesy: studies never made people intelligent ... instruction and iteligence two things very different, but there is a vast subject !!! : Lol:

for the system in question, will have to be well insulated the line to the reactor level, for the air gap, it is the max it seems to me (for a gasoline).
0 x
White would not exist without the dark, but anyway!

http://maison-en-paille.blogspot.fr/
jack. 185
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by jack. 185 » 24/03/08, 11:47

for optimum engine operation, the four cylinder outlet tubes must have the same length before joining at the same point (hence the curious form of manifold on F1 for example). In addition, the fact of mounting the GV in a single tube will certainly create you engine operating problems because you risk slowing the flow of exhaust gases.
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 24/03/08, 13:17

Hello join

the join wrote:Hi Flytox, thanks for the advice, but I don't really understand what you mean by symmetrical mounting?

If you restrict the exhaust gases on only one cylinder it will give a result (yield) different from the other 3 cylinders (on the intake and exhaust). This will disturb the regularity of the couple. It is anti mechanical, makes vibrations, increases the wear, decreases the output etc ... and will give problems of adjustment since all the cylinders are not in the same boat.

the join wrote: Otherwise with regard to the placement of the SG behind the reactor, it is still possible but as the reactor takes the entire length of the silencer, the SG will be in full wind (imagine placing a SG at the end of a normal exhaust, 2 km from the engine and in full wind)

Apparently you have a congestion problem which will force you to invent different solutions. You have not exploded or a photo of the pot that we can realize the difficulties? : Mrgreen:
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
the joint
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by the joint » 25/03/08, 22:30

Hi Flytox, I understand better the problem of symmetry, so in fact I find myself a bit at a dead end.
I will think about all this, for the photos, I will be able to put in 2 weeks. In the meantime thank you for the advice and I cogit all that.
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 25/03/08, 23:29

Hello

Most of the WV in Brazil who put a 100% panton on a row of cylinders
On my Chevrolet V6 the reactor is on one side of the 3 cylinders
Physically it was better for the admission and accessibility distances, as for the heat on a gasoline that poses no problem like a diesel ..

Andre
1 x
the joint
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by the joint » 08/04/08, 23:43

Here is a photo of the collector, as you can see I am unable to place the GV so that it takes advantage of the heat of the 4 cylinders.
I can always place it in one of the tubes, but it risks clamping one of the cylinders

here is the reactor in the silencer, everything is now closed and isolated with rock wool

1 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 09/04/08, 22:51

Hello join

the join wrote:Here is a photo of the collector, as you can see I am unable to place the GV so that it takes advantage of the heat of the 4 cylinders.
I can always place it in one of the tubes, but it risks clamping one of the cylinders

Spaghetti ..... with asymmetrical outputs 2 to 2 of origin ... : Mrgreen:

the join wrote: here is the reactor in the silencer, everything is now closed and insulated with rock wool.

Do you have only 1 original silencer and this volume? If you hadn't already closed it, I would have told you to try to put the GVI in it with your rock wool. To reduce the noise, what did you do?

A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

the joint
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by the joint » 10/04/08, 21:39

Hi Flytox, the muffler can be easily reopened because I haven't solved it. (I am equipped with a very small shit station which cannot weld the thin sheet)

In the perspective of integrating the GV in the silencer it will not be in the axis of the exhaust gases, will that be enough to produce steam?

If not there is a second option which would consist in integrating the GV in the elbow located between the silencer and the collector (it is the only part which profits from the heat of the four cylinders. However it is a 90 ° elbow this would oblige to make a GV of the same shape (which remains largely feasible) but it is only 10 cm long, is it a bit short?
1 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 10/04/08, 22:58

Hello Lajointure

the join wrote:In the perspective of integrating the GV in the silencer it will not be in the axis of the exhaust gases, will that be enough to produce steam?

Your exhaust is a bit long, but it seems obvious to me that there must still be enough heat to vaporize a tiny trickle of water in the "silencer". The risk is that it does not react as quickly when the load varies as the Camel1 system. Yaka find the right size / performance / means implemented equation. : Mrgreen:

To return to the Silent part, how will you manage not to attract the wrath of the constabulary with the sound of a dragster? Are you putting a second non-emptied silencer in series?

A+
0 x

[Eugène Ionesco]