Citroen AX diesel 1.4

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Citroen AX diesel 1.4

by crispus » 24/02/07, 20:57

Hello,

PITMIX wrote:The best way to avoid this concern is to transform directly into the reactor GV rather than using it with too small rod or even without stem.
Finally this is my opinion from what I have observed. : Lol:

It is also my opinion, this is what I'm currently testing since 2 weeks on my AX diesel. I counted expect concrete results, but Pitmix kindly teased about it : Mrgreen:

So preview:

I prepare a report as complete as possible on the assembly and testing in progress (300 km from the latest development), with a bonus balance with pollution soon courtesy of Matmatdumdum.

And looks like this installation:
0 x
crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by crispus » 24/02/07, 21:13

Andre wrote:The point that intrigues me is the body of the tubular rector copper
In my early try on comparisons with differrent materials, aluminum, steel, stainless steel, it is with the copper that I had the worst results, but it was a 100% panton mounting works on fuel oil on an engine a blast.
It may be quite different in doping water ..

Hi to you, Andre, model experimenter.

This assembly is "like that" because I could not do otherwise ...

- Copper is all I had on hand, otherwise I would have made of stainless steel.

- My vertical reactor ends below the exhaust, so not possible to install a steam generator below.

I had a good idea in mind since 3 months, but difficult to express.

The original idea was that "everything can fit", because on my tank the ingenious Citroën used all the space available under the hood to house the engine and its accessories.

- No room for a bubbler, I even had to put the water tank under the dashboard like a "passenger waterbag".

- No carbs on hand and a certain reluctance to use this machine of which I still cannot understand the subtleties ... I nevertheless followed the reference work "the pages of Mr. David" but there I blocked...

Then I thought of using the bottom of the reactor bubbler. But I know from experience that a mini bubbler causes liquid water and not steam. Hence the idea (quilted ...? On post No.?) Of the hollow rod.

And I remain convinced that my theory is not (completely) wrong:

- The swirling gases is essential for proper operation,

- The performance will be better if the tourbillon reached each cylinder (coupling WITH a vortex)

- Steam must be and remain at a low temperature for a good ionization

My idea is that:

- If the installation is operational, the reactor end temperature drop should maintain just enough to allow boiling (50 °?)

- The intake air from the breather, circulating in the stem will prevent heat under the effect of: cavitation - the arc - other? (delete as appropriate)

In my humble opinion, the copper rod is malfunctioning because it leads so the heat it heats the incoming steam to the point of him exceed 100 ° C, or loss of ionization.

Here my bet is that the reactor outlet gas will remain at a low temperature, but strongly ionized and with a great angular velocity (see my theory which makes "seasoned" thermodynamicists cringe - citroën obliges : Mrgreen: )
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 24/02/07, 21:20

Hello Crispus
Then I thought of using the bottom of the reactor bubbler. But I know from experience that a mini bubbler causes liquid water and not steam. Hence the idea (quilted ...? On post No.?) Of the hollow rod.

it is this assembly that you want to talk. I tested with diesel and water in the same reactor, it is best to use it with a single liquid for heat reasons evaporation surface at the reactor bottom. (Two liquids with boiling points too far it does not work hard in a reactor)
the stem should be thick heavy material, but it works well with 100% panton, not try doping water? but it'll venire..Bien I have another project for this summer if time allows me ..

Removed just entering oil and keeps water, even a drip would do the drops one time the bottom will volatilize
with this principle the stem is cooled in its entry, mem pa need for centering the rod ..

Here my bet is that the reactor exit gas will remain at a low temperature

that he'll have to the pantoneux we speak a little of the steam temperature has restea know what temperatur ECELA ously must come from mixing with cold air ingested by the engine
some arrive with good performance output reactor 100c else 75 c he'll have to try to understand if it is important that temperature, because diesel e tle motor gasoline in my two fixtures they are a differrence of ebonne temperature..
I see there a two schools based on the steam production and the other on the friction rod steam tube.
it is possible that two ways brings yield
It is known that steam provides some gain
We also know that a dry reactor also provides a small gain
we still have to know is what brings more gain than 30%
It is also quite possible that a reactor that performs acts not just as a sytem has steam generatin
Going back to the stem I am of the same opinion that Zac and I have long said that there is a minimu in my rod length is between 150mm 200mm and I have one of my 105mm currently 300TD ( I wanted verrifier the SPAD, but I lost)
A note to those who are examined Ranque tube, one perceives that the length of the tube and in relation to the diameter of the tube (length = 22 x diameter) and strangely it corresspond lengths reactor rods (I speak hot outlet side)
Last edited by Other the 24 / 02 / 07, 22: 09, 2 edited once.
0 x
crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by crispus » 24/02/07, 21:35

Some pictures of the assembly.

To begin with what remains of the electric bubbler previously used to power the reactor:

He did not support the seawater and freshwater acidulated I tried to make him warm: rapid oxidation, air leakage and bad contacts ... But it gave me some working tracks .

The reactor operated only fleetingly (sudden sensation of torque) because 120 W is insufficient to properly heat the admitted air.

Disappointed, I left Pantone side to devote myself to the assembly and reflection on WITH.

Then following the request of MatmatdumdumI restarted the machine experiment.

So I spent many hours reading the posts of this forum and shame the ideas offered.

Special mention silver posters: Andrew Pitmix, Camel, Bolt, Zac (special thought in this day of cyclone, good luck).

And as I forget come join us without upsetting: thank you, oh noble anonymous.
0 x
crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by crispus » 24/02/07, 22:04

Here are the details of the realization of the hollow rod, tube made with scraps of hardened cruivre 8-10 16-18 in mm.

Marking the end before cutting

Then cutting sectors too

Followed by the folding front solder

"Presentation" of the different elements before brazing the batch ... trap excluded of course!

- Note the widening of the inner tube at the top, to allow its centering and bonding during soldering sectors seen above.

- The air outlet holes in the reactor are above the water line to only take in steam,

- They are filed down to facilitate a tangential output (oops I forgot to take a picture!): Hence initiating a vortex counterclockwise, ie the same as the WITH implanted into the intake pipes .

The rod being non-magnetic, I find it important to give an initial sense of the whirlwind, which according to my theory normally depends on the residual induction of the tube, and the brutal restriction (absent here) facing the early steam rod.

- The lower part in 16/18 with beaten collar is used for centering the "rod": no contact with the tube leaving the reactor, that seems important to me.

Everything therefore held in a room and removed from below. Because over there any admission to dismount before entering the reactor!

The result, as you have seen above. Alllez, for fun (thousand apologies to narrowband subscribers - which I sometimes am part: ADSL loop end, 2 3 Mo ... KB / s according to the schedule : Evil: )

To be continued...
0 x
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 24/02/07, 22:16

Very good editing, the settings for how you proceed?
on the levels, the air flow?
always, bravo for the "compact" of the system! on tight engines it will be very useful!
0 x
White would not exist without the dark, but anyway!

http://maison-en-paille.blogspot.fr/
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 24/02/07, 22:16

Very good editing, the settings for how you proceed?
on the levels, the air flow?
always, bravo for the "compact" of the system! on tight engines it will be very useful!
0 x

crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by crispus » 24/02/07, 22:20

Implantation in chariote:

The reactor is located vertically (or almost) in the exhaust pipe (otherwise I would have never had this idea), and isolated rock wool (for chimney hood).

Black isolated air supply from the oil breather, just to compensate low engine vacuum and solve the problem of filtering the air from the reactor. The braided hose carries water at a constant level in the trap.

The trap (pierced above, thank you Pitmix) is held by a spring clip onto a PVC angle, itself riveted on a bracket screwed to the chassis.

The adjustment of the water level proved to be essential ... I dream of a motorized adjustment while rolling for an optimal adjustment ...

Find the right fit and bogus took me the most time. Space is limited in AX.

Failing aibags, this vehicle is seen with the option "waterbag passenger" : Cheesy: .

For the passage of filling pipes and reactor power, I used a cork.

An adhesive (white) maintains the 4 / 6 tube (green) against the filler pipe to prevent the "passenger foot bath" in case of unexpected tear.

On this subject I had a fright, because the cork has 2 days to swell before the cap is completely sealed. I was afraid to find several liters of water on the floor mat ...

A collar keeps it tight around a pipe 12 / 14 tube that passes through the plug, retained within the canister by beating collar.

Obviously, the tank amputate the original storage bin of 2 / 3. The assembly still remains discreet.

The only indication of the change is the gauge very "ergonomic" that information (stopped) on the state of the water supply. Useful for estimating "on the fly" the water consumption ...

Each tick represents 25 cl. 9,75 useful capacity liters. Beyond it overflows under the hood ... This ability may seem excessive, but I had my dose of manipulations with the jar of 0,2 the previous!

To be continued...
0 x
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 24/02/07, 22:38

it'll keep you QLQ km! but at least you is quiet, 1L5 did mine not bad louse experiment.
0 x

denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 25/02/07, 10:13

it takes up less space than gazo : Lol:
0 x