Chevrolet Tahoe, V8 ...

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 31/12/05, 15:56

Hello Nofi
thaoé is not the same principle at all it is a votex
everything goes in the big box after the filter
on the Camaro there is the old generation TBI which is a single point
2 in this case for 8 cylinders
and multipoint for more generations (recent since the late 80s)
TBI = Throttel Body fuel Injection (in American)
But all these beautiful names will not solve your probe problem once the water doping installed, I'm not sure but I think that a lot of air flow measurement is done by a measurement of depression like on my Chevrolet then you are saved, when you are there I will tell you on which file you must connect the potentiometer to operate without the oxygen sensor.
Give it a try without changing anything, you'll see if you have any savings.

Andre
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 01/02/06, 18:53

And here are the photos of the Nofy bubbler that I am posting below. Beautiful work again.

And the internal view of the bubbler with the coil to heat the water

Voile-voilou
0 x
nofy
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Thank you ex-oxeano for the photos.

by nofy » 01/02/06, 21:14

Good evening everyone,
Indeed, as I suck with this computer, I have never been screwed to attach a photo to my post.
So with regard to the bubbler, I made it conical in order to more easily recover the flow of vapor (hoped!). It does not advance quickly, but at least I attacked! I put a sheet at the top to "break" the possible overflow of water and I plan as André advises, to add a sieve.
Now, considering the problems Pitmix encounters, I wonder if I will follow my first idea, concerning the reactor, by putting it across in the exhaust tube, because I fear that the back flow is not correct ... What do you think?
Nofy (dream)
0 x
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 01/02/06, 23:11

Actually you don't have to put the reactor in the jar, you can just as easily create a deviation towards a cylinder which contains the reactor, it's more work, it requires space but it has the advantage of ability to bring the reactor closer to the bubbler.
Otherwise Super your bubbler! The conical shape can also have a shape wave effect (maybe?) : Lol:
0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!
nofy
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by nofy » 02/02/06, 21:03

Good evening,
No lau, it's not quite that, I wanted to do like Pit, ie in the manifold outlet tube, but at an angle. If you look at a tube right in front of you, well up it goes out to the right and below it goes out to the left, so that the reactor and the tube are not parallel. It is a pity that I do not know how to attach photos, it would be easier for understanding .... moreover, if someone can explain to me in MP how it is done in very simple language, I am really waiting...
Nofy (dream)
0 x
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 02/02/06, 22:38

ok i didn't get it!
but that forces you to put 2 elbows on your reactor (at the inlet and at the outlet) ... and it slows down the flow a lot to get to the venturi it seems to me, I don't think it's very advised ..
0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 02/02/06, 23:12

The use of the exhaust elbow is often chosen, because there is no other way ... It is the hottest part just after the lambda probe, or the Y connection of the exhaust pipes.
It is precisely a reactor well centered in parallel in a straight exhaust pipe, which requires making two bends on this reactor, just to get out of the pot….
Finally this configuration in the elbow of the pot is very practical, just before its passage under the floor of the car. Indeed, it penetrates like a skewer; the water supply from below, by an elbow; the reactor outlet at the top on the hottest part, going directly to the intake. (The condensed water remains at the bottom).
If the reactor is not really centered, the restriction is nonetheless the same in section.
0 x
Other

by Other » 02/02/06, 23:40

Hello Nofy

The reactor placed across an elbow and a good way you should not fight with the current against it is only for thermal reasons. Choose the most direct hottest place with the least amount of bend in the bubbler ducts and closest to the bubbler and the collector
The proper functioning of water doping is not linked to the reactor that leads it, take care of your bubbler. The end of the rod or the reactor is favored in an elbow there is a concentration of heat in, the elbows, if you read on other post I recommend to place the reactor in an exhaust elbow.

Andre
0 x
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 02/02/06, 23:54

And if there is a lot of heat at the level of the reactor but the system surrounding it is made so that the exhaust gases are slowed down by baffles as in a pot.
The baffles can be voluntary to increase the concentration of gases and therefore of heat but at the expense of the speed of friction therefore of ionization? .. I really ask myself the question of the ratio heat / speed of gases :?
0 x
nofy
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by nofy » 03/02/06, 21:44

Good evening everyone,

Lau said:
click browse / you are looking for your photo in JPEG format (required) and you have open / click to host / copied pasted thumbnail on forum

I managed to host and copy without problems, but what do I do next? I can't stick it in my text ..... and yes, I'm really heavy, but I promise you that once I understand, it's for life ....
Nofy (dream)
0 x

Back to "Water injection in the engines: the assembly and experimentation"