The ideal bubbler?

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
yeye
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

The ideal bubbler?

by yeye » 02/12/04, 17:48

Hello!

Newcomer, I introduce myself: Olivier, 25 years, I live in Grenoble, I know how to do things with my hands.
I do not have oil, so I have ideas !!

For now I do not have the material opportunity to get into it, but I start to gather information for the day come (in a few months to a year or so ...)

I mainly thought about the bubbler, I'd like to give you a summary of what I could understand, in the form of a diagram of the bubbler that would be ideal for a car. This for the purpose that those who know and have experienced can tell me what would not go in there:

1) for efficient bubbling, the air is warmed by passing through a coil around the muffler.

2) to facilitate the suction, it is necessary to minimize the losses of load, therefore: big air duct up to the level of the liquid, then leads smaller to have less water to move.

3) it is better full of small bubbles than a few big ones: so much to make full of small hole in the tube dip!

4) is where the steam goes to the admission. Should not it obstruct part of the original air intake, in a ratio corresponding to what is injected more, to increase the depression in the bubbler?

5) a constant temperature of about 90 ° is needed, I think the coolant coil is a must.

6) the problem when the engine is cold? It is solved by a timed glow plug (5 minutes?)

7) the constant level is obtained thanks to a windshield washer pump which works continuously (as soon as the ignition is switched on) while the overflow is redirected towards the tank.

8) the level adjustment is done by deforming the overflow tube which is annealed copper rather than crimped, to remain flexible.

9) with this system, the tank may be lower than the bubbler. Why not take the opportunity to direct rainwater flows from the bottom of the windshield? Less manipulation in perspectives, especially for Breton ;-)

Thanks for votre aide!
0 x
lolusroots
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by lolusroots » 07/12/04, 20:06

I think that running your pump continuously with too much is not a good idea because if your tank fleet is 10 for example liters and bein water in the bubbler will never be hot because it will take what reaches 90 ° that the water in the tank also reaches this temperature which will take a lot of time and it is not even sure that you get there even after one hour because of the losses
0 x
yeye
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by yeye » 08/12/04, 10:00

Cool, there's someone interested :D

I was expecting this remark because I did not much detail my message.

So: I think it is necessary to reduce the voltage of the pump so that it injects only slightly more water than what is consumed by the motor (=> increase in the lifespan of the pump, decrease in electricity consumption even if it is already negligible). Then the water must be injected into the bubbler at the level of the cooling liquid coil, so that it is heated almost instantly (it is not a thin stream that will cool the body of water, for example by throwing a spoon of cold water every now and then in a pot of boiling water, the water continues to boil!)

Do not hesitate for other remarks!
0 x
rezut
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by rezut » 22/09/05, 11:58

Hello
back from vacancy and pantone set up and tested (2000Km)
I made changes to the level bubbler (addition of an 2 tube 4 / 6 to allow water to get into the bubbler because saw the section to arrive water (4 / 6) air could not pass so no water inlet into the bubbler) the two tubes 4 / 6 goes down into the bubbler and are protected by two pieces of tube 12 / 14 weld on the arrival tube of air at half height of the bubbler to avoid the eddies
provide a stopcock for the arrival of water because as soon as you open the vase bubbler overflows

I attach the photos

for information conso -0.9L / 100 to go down in the aude (500km) only by national and night and -0.5l / 100 to go back up passing by clermont ferrant (thus slopes in 3eme and 190 km of highway) and that always at night and in the rain conso water 1l each time for 900km
0 x
rezut
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by rezut » 22/09/05, 11:59

2 eme
0 x
rezut
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by rezut » 22/09/05, 12:00

3 eme
0 x
rezut
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by rezut » 22/09/05, 12:00

4 eme
0 x
rezut
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by rezut » 22/09/05, 12:01

5eme
0 x
rezut
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by rezut » 22/09/05, 12:02

and last
0 x
Misterloxo
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Misterloxo » 22/09/05, 20:01

it's beautiful work eh André?!
0 x
Learning disobedience is a long process. It takes a lifetime to reach perfection. "Maurice Rajsfus
To think is to say no. "Alain, philosopher