BMW E39 525D M57 Engine - Gillier Pentone Study

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
Krysaphir
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

BMW E39 525D M57 Engine - Gillier Pentone Study

by Krysaphir » 31/10/17, 12:11

Hello,

I recently heard about the Gillier Pentone system from a Belgian friend and was surprised by what he said.
I'm explaining it to you as he explained it to me while discussing the latest ecological laws and the permanent increase in the price of diesel fuel.
According to him, one of his former acquaintances in Belgium (lost contact therefore not verifiable) uses a water mist directly in the injectors and has reduced his fuel consumption by 75%.

Despite the surrealism of these remarks, my curiosity made me document on the net telling me that he had to inflate a little figures.
That's when I came across an article about the tractor-mounted Gillier system and then forum en forum I went back to the Gillier Pentone system.

I saw that the gains to wait are not 75% but turn over between 20% and 30% but all that is won is good to take.

Now that I have summarized the origin of my interest in the Gillier Pentone, I will outline my thoughts and hope you can help me move forward.

First of all, my vehicle: BMW E39 525D Tourring from 2001 with BVA and M57 engine.

I first started by studying the reactor that is the heart of the system and I already see the first difficulty of implementation.
My exhaust line is equipped with a particulate filter (source: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/fr/showparts?id=DP01-EUR-01-2001-E39-BMW-525d&diagId=18_0714:
E39-Echappement.png
E39-Escape.png (15.44 Kio) Accessed 13086 times

I do not see how to add the reactor in the rising part of the exhaust without removing the particle filter which will prevent me from passing the technical control.

If one of you could help me advance on this first point of blocking I would be grateful.
(And if there were Britons on the forum with whom I could talk about their editing it would be ideal :) )

Have a good day,
Krys.
1 x
Flytox

Re: BMW E39 525D M57 Engine - Gillier Pentone Study

by Flytox » 31/10/17, 23:44

Hello Krysaphir, welcome to Econo.

Krysaphir wrote:... According to him, one of his old acquaintances in Belgium (lost the contact therefore not verifiable) uses a water mist directly in the injectors and has reduced his fuel consumption by 75%.

Chai not how it fits .... but reduce his conso 75% is anything, or so his vehicle is in a terrible state advanced and the first mechanic in the corner would have done just as well by repairing the car.

I saw that the gains to wait are not 75% but turn over between 20% and 30% but all that is won is good to take.

The gains of 20 or 30% proved and not imagined are exceptional and concern only original engines not very sober. Never found recent engine evidence full of electronics improved in these proportions!

Now that I have summarized the origin of my interest in the Gillier Pentone, I will outline my thoughts and hope you can help me move forward.

First of all, my vehicle: BMW E39 525D Tourring from 2001 with BVA and M57 engine.

Can you give us the characteristics of this engine? Cylinder, diesel, petrol, power, turbo, conso of origin etc ...

I first started by studying the reactor that is the heart of the system and I already see the first difficulty of implementation.
My exhaust line is equipped with a particulate filter (source: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/fr/showparts?id=DP01-EUR-01-2001-E39-BMW-525d&diagId=18_0714:
E39-Echappement.png

I do not see how to add the reactor in the rising part of the exhaust without removing the particulate filter which will prevent me from passing the technical control.

You can put us the complete exhaust line, I do not see what you're talking about. (photo, or diagram).

AMHA, removing the particle filter is not a good working hypothesis. If you want to improve conso and / or pollution you have to do with it.
The Gillier Pantone reduces:
- the conso (under certain conditions).
- pollution (under certain conditions).
But in no case it allows to suppress the emission of particles despite all the bullshit that some say on the net.

If one of you could help me advance on this first point of blocking I would be grateful.

You are in the right place ... : Mrgreen:
1 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Krysaphir
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Krysaphir » 02/11/17, 09:06

Hello Flytox,

Far from me the idea of ​​removing the FAP, I know its composition and its usefulness is simply that its location seems to me embarrassing.
I am rather careful of the mechanics of my car that keeps his mule traveling far.
I would have liked to have feedback on who installed the GP on high mileage engines like mine.

If, as several people claim, this system gradually cleans the combustion chamber, what happens?
To my knowledge, with the time of the imbrulés come to deposit on the wall of the room.
The piston makes its life, rubs on these deposits and wears over time but the seal remains good.
If these deposits disappear, the oil does not go up in the piston to join the combustion?
(For having already seen engines run after the oil injected by a turbo HS, I know it's not a good thing)

I have a planned drain this weekend, I will take the opportunity to take the complete exhaust line in photo.
While waiting for the photo, I will try to describe with words.
The part on the diagram (with the FAP) is connected just to the turbo outlet and already uses exhaust heat to clean itself.
At the other end the exhaust line continues flat to the rear of the vehicle. (But it will be clearer in photo : Wink: )

As for the engine, here's what I can tell you:
Model: BMW M57D25 (Engine 6 Inline Cylinders)
Cylinder: 2,5L (2497cc)
Power: 120kw (163 hp)
Fuel: Diesel (direct injection by common rail)
Turbo: Turbo with variable geometry with intercooler (Changed 30.000 kms ago)
Mileage: 394.xxx (we will round to 400.000 to make simple)
Consumption: Average of 8.5L / 100kms on the daily journey (50kms highway + 5 kms city * 2)
On a journey from 730kms (Brittany - Belgium with 95% of highway) I consume 55L is about 7,5L / 100kms)

For consumption of origins of the car I can not tell you because I bought it there soon 2 years 192.000 kms.

Have a good day,
Krys.
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 02/11/17, 23:23

Krysaphir wrote:I would have liked to have feedback on who installed the GP on high mileage engines like mine.

Mine made more than 20000 Km for 8 years. André made more than 40000 km.

If, as several people claim, this system gradually cleans the combustion chamber, what happens?
To my knowledge, with the time of the imbrulés come to deposit on the wall of the room.

Combustion with water causes mini "explosions" when the water droplets suddenly turn gaseous. This makes it possible to split the fuel droplets (therefore better combustion) but also to clean the combustion chamber.

The piston makes its life, rubs on these deposits and wears over time but the seal remains good.
If these deposits disappear, the oil does not go up in the piston to join the combustion?

Where the piston rubs, there must not be much deposit, on the other hand when the engine is able to eliminate as the calamine tends to be deposited behind the segments, they work better and are more waterproof , the consumption of oil can decrease.

I have a planned drain this weekend, I will take the opportunity to take the complete exhaust line in photo.
While waiting for the photo, I will try to describe with words.
The part on the diagram (with the FAP) is connected just to the turbo outlet and already uses exhaust heat to clean itself.
At the other end the exhaust line continues flat to the rear of the vehicle. (But it will be clearer in photo : Wink: )

Yes! : Mrgreen:

As for the engine, here's what I can tell you:
Model: BMW M57D25 (Engine 6 Inline Cylinders)
Cylinder: 2,5L (2497cc)
Power: 120kw (163 hp)
Fuel: Diesel (direct injection by common rail)
Turbo: Turbo with variable geometry with intercooler (Changed 30.000 kms ago)
Mileage: 394.xxx (we will round to 400.000 to make simple)
Consumption: Average of 8.5L / 100kms on the daily journey (50kms highway + 5 kms city * 2)
On a journey from 730kms (Brittany - Belgium with 95% of highway) I consume 55L is about 7,5L / 100kms)

For consumption of origins of the car I can not tell you because I bought it there soon 2 years 192.000 kms.

Engine full of electronics, turbo, very powerful ..... nothing but difficult ............... : Wink:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

Krysaphir
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Krysaphir » 06/11/17, 10:30

Hello,

As promised, here is my exhaust line with to start the FAP at the exit of Turbo:
20171104_01.jpg
20171104_01.jpg (306.16 KB) Viewed times 12984

20171104_02.jpg
20171104_02.jpg (310.68 KB) Viewed times 12984

From front to back after FAP:
20171104_03.jpg
20171104_03.jpg (368.83 KB) Viewed times 12984

And conversely:
20171104_04.jpg
20171104_04.jpg (494.85 KB) Viewed times 12984

Flytox wrote:Mine made more than 20000 Km for 8 years. André made more than 40000 km.
Only 40.000 kms of life expectancy? That's what I roll in 6 months : Cry:

Flytox wrote:Where the piston rubs, there must not be much deposit, on the other hand when the engine is able to eliminate as the calamine tends to be deposited behind the segments, they work better and are more waterproof , the consumption of oil can decrease.
On this side, I lose less than a quarter of a liter between 2 dumps (on 6.8L).

Flytox wrote:Engine full of electronics, turbo, very powerful ..... nothing but difficult ............... : Wink:
If it were easy, there would be a little book "Going to Gillier Pentone for Dummies" : Wink:

Have a good day,
Krys.
1 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 06/11/17, 23:41

Krysaphir wrote:
Flytox wrote:Mine made more than 20000 Km for 8 years. André made more than 40000 km.
Only 40.000 kms of life expectancy? That's what I roll in 6 months : Cry:

I expressed myself poorly, my engine just blew a cylinder head gasket (not rare on R19s), at its age (in 1992) and the mileage it had (> 350000 km) + technical control that I could no longer pass (the guy refused to control the car because the assembly was really not very discreet ...), I threw in the towel.
For André, in this post he said he had exceeded the mileage of 40000 km a few years ago but did not mention any case. I do not think there are engine longevity problems by Gillier Pantonisation.
0 x

[Eugène Ionesco]