GVI process on BMW 318 tds

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
roulez123
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

GVI process on BMW 318 tds

by roulez123 » 15/02/07, 19:14

Okay, here I go.
Not used to writing on a forum then excuse if the answers are sometimes a little late.
I mounted on my 318tds a reactor and a GVI vaporizer like on Michel's Mercedes.
For the results, we will have to wait a bit, because the measurements carried out do not correspond to my hopes. For the photos, will put them online as soon as I understand the system .. loll.
For your questions, and your technical aids, don't hesitate to contact me.
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 15/02/07, 21:31

Hello
because the measurements carried out do not correspond to my hopes

what were the hopes

Be careful in winter, short journeys, the economy is practically zero, it is only on the main road with a loaded engine and especially a turbo heat is not available on the reactor.
rock wool had to be isolated there.

Andre
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 15/02/07, 22:38

Welcome aboard, Roulez123

what is the "basic" consumption of your behem ?????

it must not be super greedy?, what year are they?
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

Re: GVI process on BMW 318 tds

by Christophe » 15/02/07, 22:58

roulez123 wrote:For your questions, and your technical aids, don't hesitate to contact me.

Ben to start, to insert images use the link "Add an image or a file on the forum. "below the window for writing a message.

If it does not work, contact me by email.

Thank you for your testimony.
0 x
roulez123
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by roulez123 » 16/02/07, 08:19

Voila, the basic consumption was 6.9Lau 100km.

Have installed a GVI of 16cm, which serves my reactor placed in the exhaust pipe. For the moment, my computer gives me a consumption of 6.7L, which is a little better, but it must also be said that my install has only been operational since Saturday evening and I only traveled 250km (to go to work).
This weekend, I'm going to do a little thousand miles just to see what it says.
I wonder if the problem is not with my reactor. Indeed, on this BM model, the exhaust pipe is straight and very flat. The turbo is just below maximum 5cm.
So I had to cut through the exhaust pipe so that the gases came out against the reactor. I hope everyone understands the assembly because it is not easy to explain. Make a diagram, it will be simpler.

See you soon

Olivier
0 x
roulez123
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by roulez123 » 16/02/07, 11:23

Okay, there you go, just look correctly, test and everything ....
Apparently the problem would come from my GVI because I have water coming out instead of steam ...
The problem comes from my constant level.
I installed an automatic vent for the central heating system, but it's not the best.

HELP who can help me find the solution
0 x
Other

by Other » 16/02/07, 17:45

Hello

Make a diagram, it will be simpler

If I understood correctly you spray water with an injector on a hot part of the exhaust (which must be long enough) so that it vaporizes a little, then this vapor and air enters the reactor out of the reactor it happens in front of the turbo
either direct or with a venturi to increase suction
what comes out of the reactor must not be liquid (the turbo does not like drops of water the turbine is made of aluminum to almost reach the speed of sound)

Little advice
this is the problem that we all have, as soon as the assembly is done, it is the excitement of the big test and often disappointment because the system failed after 150km and all the rest of the trip it did not work (the tests this use the morale)
You need a lair to know if it works (although you have instant consumption which is a good indication) I measure the outlet temperature of the reactor this tells me if the reactor is drowned or no water.
Before doing large tests 400km or 100km in one go
Put all your circuit on small runs 150km
it is necessary to make sure that the injector does not get blocked that the water levels and the water consumption is regulated, this is around 1 liter of water per 100km and even less depending on the engine load, the water consumption is a critical element for good performance, more critical than the design of the reactor.
The reactor is located closest to the turbo, you shouldn't expect to have more than 450 c exhaust in 110kmh pipe
therefore limit the water flow so that at the outlet of the reactor this is close to 100c in any case the reactor must be dry.
too hard water clogs the small injector holes

Make a diagram even rough with the measures taken out reactor and entered the heater if you want advice .. it's difficult to imagine the assembly.
He has an intercooler?

Andre
Last edited by Other the 16 / 02 / 07, 21: 18, 1 edited once.
0 x
roulez123
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by roulez123 » 16/02/07, 19:12

André,
To go to the simplest, if you want in the exhaust, I put a system made up of 2 copper tubes, which by capillarity and vases communicating with the water tank (with which I have problems) give me steam.
This vapor is injected into the reactor which is located in front of the exhaust pipes, above the turbo.
What leaves the reactor is led and divided into 4, and is introduced directly into the intake pipe.

Christophe:
If I paste my photos here, there will be 2 or 3 pages, where do you advise me to put them? Thank you

For yourself
Olivier
0 x
Other

by Other » 16/02/07, 20:29

Hello,
To enter the intake manifold directly with a turbo
you have to pressurize the GV.
Because at low speed in the manifold it is in depression, but immediately 2000pm the turbo pushes in the intake manifold from 0,5 to 1 bar and it pushes through the reactor and it pushes back everywhere.
I'm trying to see how you pressurized it ..
(it is doable but with certain precautions, pressurization with the exhaust side GV)
The ERG valve works on this principle, the exhaust gives more pressure than the turbo ...

Andre
Last edited by Other the 16 / 02 / 07, 21: 10, 1 edited once.
0 x
camel1

by camel1 » 16/02/07, 21:02

Hi Olivier!

Welcome to the club ! : Cheesy:

I received your MP concerning your problem, but you are not giving enough details so that I can get an idea ...

Normally, if you follow the assembly described on my site, respecting the principle of the level line, you should not have a rise in water ...

However, you say in your last post:

This vapor is injected into the reactor which is located in front of the exhaust pipes, above the turbo.

Your description suggests that you send the output of the GV to the input of the ONLY reactor? ... : Shock:

If this is the case, it is normal that the water is sucked, to the point of drowning your gv and maybe your reactor ...

Know that you MUST imperatively send a mixture of air and steam to the inlet of the reactor, otherwise, it will not work, and at worst, you risk screwing up your mill!

To summarize, you must have a hose that goes from the GV to a T, the output of which goes to the inlet of the reactor, and the other branch to the air filter, or an additional air filter like tuning (which you can advantageously place as close as possible to the reactor)

To fix the ideas, check out the animation I asked at the bottom of this page:

http://reaction.directe1.free.fr/205D/205D.html

Here, I hope to have answered your question, give us a little crobard of your installation, I have not yet experimented with a turbo, I am curious to see how you did it! :D

A + + +

Michel
0 x
We were on the brink, but we made a big step forward ...