Gillier Pantone Peugeot 806 1.9TD

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Gillier Pantone Peugeot 806 1.9TD

by crispus » 01/12/08, 19:50

Hello everyone !),

I've wanted to equip my 806 in Gillier-Pantone for a while.

In the meantime, he's been using a VSLA for 2 years, and consumption has already dropped from 0,5 to 1,5 / 100 (16%) depending on the season and the routes (best results in summer and beyond 100 km / h).

But as it is a heavy vehicle with a "small" engine, the exhaust should provide a lot of calories to the engine, and logically a severe drop in consumption. :P

For the moment I don't have any photos yet, everything is still in the planning stage. I explain the topo to you:

My 806 recently exceeded 250000 km. Unfortunately, I sometimes encountered difficulties in disengaging, or in engaging, because of an "automatic" (pfff!) Catch-up cable of the joker type. :P

A few days later, it was the clutch's turn to make its own. Suddenly it became completely impossible to change gears. : Cry:

The car is now on holds (for a month : Oops:), and I have already taken apart a lot of things to access the gearbox. On the opposite side is the distribution which is in the air, that I had planned but I was hoping to be able to wait for spring since I do not have a garage. I am at 2 sinusitis for having worked poorly covered (what it is to be in a hurry!) By strong west wind (well yes, it's Brittany). : Evil:

While I'm at it, I also take the opportunity to dismantle the exhaust manifold and finally install a reactor.

Hey, funny detail: this 1997 model does not have an EGR valve: probably because with 90HP for 1800kg, the engine is rarely "at low load". On the other hand, I have a connection all found to send the steam into the intake (it is not mine, that one)! : Mrgreen:

In addition, to increase the efficiency of the GP, I have planned 2 modifications which in my opinion could improve doping:

- Change the turbo setting: the bypass will open earlier, to leave fewer calories in the turbo and more in the reactor.

- Change gearbox: to have observed it on the AX, the "optimal GP torque" is available below the original one. So I try to "find" the maximum output around 90-110 km / h.
I read on another forum that someone put a box of 405 on their 8O6, so it doesn't seem impossible?

As an indication, Alex56 obtained better results with his R21 by "grafting" Nevada rims, higher: but no need to go to the CT with that: failed!

In principle, the PSA gearbox casings are identical, and sometimes even the entire gearbox: it makes sense if the engine is the same. On the other hand, the manufacturer has adapted the axle ratios to each model (PTAC, sCX ...).

In addition, according to a colleague, it seems that 806 / Evasion / Ulysse gearboxes have encountered lubrication problems: because of the strong inclination of the engine, the 5th gear "splash" badly with the oil level. original, and can drop around 250.000 km. Fiat also recommends adding a supplement (0,2 l?) After filling the level.

The moment therefore seems well chosen for this modification ...

To absorb the extra torque, if possible, would I use a gearbox designed for a more powerful engine (110CV)? If of course the housing is identical ...

Another problem: the diameter of the wheels is different from one box to another: it might be interesting to choose a box intended for less tall tires, but the information on the meter will be distorted ... I don't know what what would the technical controller think if he realizes it? And I'm not talking about the insurer ...

Those of 806 are 205/75/15 (additional number 94T) : Lol:
- diameter 64.75 cm
- rolling circumference 203.42 cm
source
NB: for the circumference, the manufacturer gives 1970, i.e. -3% ...

Okay, I'm going: RTA 806, p 118 and 69:
:
* 5th gear: 1,4838
* Bridge ratio: 0,2203
* Total reduction: 0,3269
* Speed ​​for 1000 rpm: 38,63 km / h

If on your side you have an RTA or Haynes review of a PSA model (ex: 406, Xantia ...), it would be nice to indicate the corresponding values ​​to me. thank you in advance : Cheesy:
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 01/12/08, 20:39

Interested in ZX 1,9TD RTA?

Otherwise, there are many Bretons from forum who could help you put your cash back up right? Must make a Crispus call!
Go a little solidarity!
0 x
Flytox

Re: Gillier Pantone on Peugeot 806 1.9TD

by Flytox » 01/12/08, 21:10

Hello crispus
Crispus wrote:Hey, funny detail: this 1997 model does not have an EGR valve: probably because with 90HP for 1800kg, the engine is rarely "at low load". On the other hand, I have a connection all found to send the steam into the intake (it is not mine, that one)! : Mrgreen:

When I connected like this with my R19, the steam flow did not feed all the cylinders in the same way. After 1000 or 2000 km, when I dismounted the intake manifold, the cylinder n ° 3 had the tail of the intake valve very clean (the part which is in the air stream), the n ° 4 a little more dirty and the 2 and 1 were covered with black scale (usual color on an old diesel). I deduced from it that the main part of the vapor was swallowed by the cylinder n ° 3 then the n ° 4 and that the others had almost nothing.

In short, it's a convenient connection but you have to check if you are not going to have the same problem. Perhaps the "best" connection would be upstream of the AVEC for a good distribution?
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by crispus » 02/12/08, 18:07

bham wrote:Interested in ZX 1,9TD RTA?

As I said, I am trying to find out the gears. So I'm a taker ... If my experience gives good results, I can make a table listing the different gear ratios for future montages.

Otherwise, I will be left to return the original box. But that would surprise me.

Otherwise, there are many Bretons from forum who could help you put your cash back up right? Must make a Crispus call!
Go a little solidarity!

Thank you for your remark, once all the pieces found and the cider in the fridge, it can be nice to devote a day to a few ... Especially since I can send the elevator back. I note...

Well, apart from that I found a few boxes for sale not too far from my home: 306 1.9D, Xantia 1.9 D and TD, as well as a 406 HDI 110 CV. And further west, Xantia 2.1TD. All this in a price range from 100 to 200 €.

The problem is that I must check the compatibility of the assembly before buying! It will be easier when I finish the disassembly ... For now I have to disassemble the hub nut which still makes ... 36! I bought a pipe wrench for the occasion, whose edges I had to grind so that it enters the hub (conical hole)! Now I'm missing a steel bar strong enough to hold this hub in place during unscrewing, the one I had folded : Evil:

The 806 has a cable control, which leads to a single rotated / pushed axis. According to the photos of the announcements, the Xantia linkage leads to ... 2 axes! But not the 406 it seems?
And for the clutch housing, I have the impression that it is also different? All the more annoying that it also serves to house half of the differential. In short, it is not won ... :?

I still reiterate my call concerning
- gearbox / axle ratios or km / h for 1000 rpm,
- the diameter or circumference of the tires.

If you have the RTA of one of these models, a look would be nice. Thank you...
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 02/12/08, 18:52

Sorry Crispus, after researching, Haynes magazine doesn't give you the info you want.
0 x
lv13r
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by lv13r » 02/12/08, 21:37

hi crispus
I have myself 2monospace an escape 1L9 from 1996 and an 806 2L1
go see on the forum

http://www.forum-auto.com/pole-techniqu ... 316439.htm
they can answer your question about the possibility of mounting a different box on your mono on the other hand I can tell you that on my two mono the box is identical (mk5)
box bp on mono sound known as well as dumper pulley and air conditioning bp
(ps I can't get past the second one anymore and the reverse gear blocks the wheels when we pass it
hs box garage notice
after consulting the forum the retaining ring for the aforementioned secondary axis bearing and the bouje shaft of some millimeter in translation remedy removal of the box end of the nut of 36 which on the escape and a crenel nut removal of the pinion of 5th change of the ring with a new one 7euro rests and everything works perfectly
and you what is your box ???
0 x
crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by crispus » 05/12/08, 15:36

Hi lv13r

My box is fine, it is the clutch stop which is HS: the clutch is sometimes glued, sometimes unglued depending on its mood.
: Evil:

And as it is necessary to deposit the box, I want to take advantage of it to lengthen the reports, and to benefit fully from doping with water, which I plan to mount for 2 years. I had backtracked when I saw the bazaar under the hood! :x

Obviously, during the development phase of the Gillier Pantone I risk having a "calf" in my hands, but my bet is to obtain a serious reduction in consumption, which to my knowledge has not yet been obtained on car.

If it really does not work, there will always be time to reassemble the original box. I will still keep it in case ...
: Lol:

Thanks for the link, I'm going right now ...
0 x
crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by crispus » 17/12/08, 15:14

Hello lv13r,
lv13r wrote: I can tell you that on my two mono the box is identical (mk5)

Does it surprise me that there is no difference, there is not even a suffix that changes? My RTA only concerns 1.9TD, I did not find anything on 2.1TD and 2.0HDI ...

I'm not sure if I can change the gearbox, since the couple bevel - and it is he who interests me! - is housed in the clutch housing. Nothing says that the interior dimensions are identical with 3 teeth less ...

But anyway, considering the mileage, it's time or never to do a full check-up.

Disassembly is advancing slowly between 2 clearings, I hope to finish my bazaar before spring : Mrgreen:
0 x
lv13r
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by lv13r » 17/12/08, 18:28

Hi crispus
on the other hand beware it is recommended to open the box when it is still coupled to the engine and not to open it when it is deposited (said on the forum auto and stipulated in the rta)
amicalement
on the other hand the reports of the dfferente box I can find out
(hdi and other)
I keep you posted
ps: what you want is to shoot more more no ???
amicalement
lv13R
0 x
lv13r
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by lv13r » 17/12/08, 18:53

in fact the differential and the pseudo conical torque which is not one on this box because everything is in normal gear since the box is mounted next to the engine and not in front or behind so no angle transmission and therefore no torque conical
on the other hand beware if you disassemble your differential because there are shims of adjustments
amicalement
lionel
0 x