water doping test Audi 80 1.6 TD theoretical stage

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
space
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

water doping test Audi 80 1.6 TD theoretical stage

by space » 13/10/10, 15:35

Hello,

first of all, I did not find a presentation section, so a short ^^
I am "space", 31 years old, located in Vendée, agricultural mechanic by trade, and metalworker in current activity.
passionate about mechanics, especially 50cc and old ^^

what brings me here is that I have been hearing about the pantone system for several years, I have done various research, I have come across lots of diagrams, prototypes, all the way to the honda camino with a pressure cooker on the luggage rack,
I read a lot of theory,
ways of doing things, and in the end, ba I'm a bit lost xd so I'm talking to you to help me make this happen on my audi by giving me answers to my questions ^^

first, I started to collect what to make a steel reactor, later, I saw that we were talking about stainless steel ... so now I wonder if there is a particular material use.

then, I heard that it was necessary to correspond the sections of the various tubes compared to the cubic capacity of the car, legend?

and then various other technical terms and details of finishes that are missing, for example;
the venturi,
and depression ...

are you ok to guide me? ^^
please
0 x
research a maximum of info on the pantone system.
Flytox

Re: Water doping test on Audi 80 1.6 TD, theoretical stage.

by Flytox » 13/10/10, 19:38

Hello space Welcome to the club.

I read a lot of theory,
ways of doing things, and in the end, ba I'm a bit lost xd so I'm talking to you to help me make this happen on my audi by giving me answers to my questions ^^

This is the right place to find answers ... from people who have been experimenting for years for sure.

first, I started to collect what to make a steel reactor, later, I saw that we were talking about stainless steel ... so now I wonder if there is a particular material use.

Stainless steel works as well as steel, but without rust. it's just more expensive and tricky for welding.

then, I heard that it was necessary to correspond the sections of the various tubes compared to the cubic capacity of the car, legend?

The relationship with the displacement is not obvious. Those who have increased the number of reactors for large engines have not necessarily done better for fuel savings. Reactors of very similar sizes have been mounted on 150 cc type mowers and on 3-liter car engines ... What makes it work well or badly remains an open question ...

and then various other technical terms and details of finishes that are missing, for example;
the venturi,
and depression ...

The venturi is an organ used for example in a carburetor (converging / diverging part of the air stream). It uses the speed of the gases to create a local depression (pressure lower than the reference pressure, more often than not it is a comparison with atmospheric pressure). This makes it possible to suck at a fuel nozzle, for example at the level of the venturi neck.

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effet_Venturi

Can you tell us more about your project, bubbler?, GVI? etc ... :P
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
space
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by space » 13/10/10, 20:40

thanks for responding ^^
so yes, the venturi, i know what it is, but i don't understand the usefulness actually: s and i heard about creating a depression, but i don't remember the context -_- "

you add a term that I do not know, must say that I am quite new to the prototype xd industry what is GVI?

is the bubbler not compulsory in the system?

I think learn a max lol just your answer, I realize that I am very new ^^

so the section of the tubes is not in question, it is to deepen yes ....
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 13/10/10, 21:48

space wrote:so yes, the venturi, i know what it is, but i don't understand the usefulness actually: s and i heard about creating a depression, but i don't remember the context -_- "

The entire steam generator system, reactor and various pipes hinder the flow of steam. To give a boost to the flow of steam in the reactor, a venturi is placed on the intake air which creates a vacuum for the reactor. This sucks into the reactor and creates different conditions for the transformation of steam. I am not fixed if the venturi is compulsory to obtain better results.

you add a term that I do not know, must say that I am quite new to the prototype xd industry what is GVI?

Generator of Vis scared Instantané. Invention of Camel1 or his colleagues it seems to me. This makes it possible to produce steam almost instantaneously with a minimum of space under the engine hood by sliding the system into the exhaust following the reactor.

is the bubbler not compulsory in the system?

When you have room under the hood, it's as good a solution as any other. Otherwise the GVI seems more opportune to me.
: Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

space
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by space » 13/10/10, 22:24

haaaa okay, so it's either the bubbler or the gvi, right?

in the audi I have a lot of space in the front left yes ^^ I intended to install the water tank there.
for the exhaust, I have room too, the engine is longitudinal, BUT, the fact that the reactor is vertical would be a problem?

the available space in question on the right

and the exhaust to use behind the turbo

ps, I put small tofs, must click them to enlarge, I did not know if the forum ask for small formats or if we don't care ^^ I know that some pc have trouble loading the pages: p
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 13/10/10, 22:52

haaaa okay, so it's either the bubbler or the gvi, right?

It is the most used / known solutions.

It is true that there is room .... with a Turbo, the assembly is a little different. You can use the intake pressure to manage your steam. The venturi no longer has the same utility.

You have to think about where you take the air / create the steam and where you inject it into the intake circuit. There are lots of different mounting possibilities. To place the reactor also .... before or after the turbo?
Depending on the dimensions of the different parts of your engine, the solutions change ... : Mrgreen:
0 x

[Eugène Ionesco]

space
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by space » 13/10/10, 23:44

So that's good to know, so I could connect directly as we connect to the turbo mano probe in short?!, or on the compressed air hose?

so the reactor is also feasible in steel, no effect on the operation? easier to get that for me ^^

edit; a test for a first assembly on a mob would be possible? it is more easily removable, whether for the exhaust etc etc, what do you think?
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 14/10/10, 21:06

space wrote:So that's good to know, so I could connect directly as we connect to the turbo mano probe in short?!, or on the compressed air hose?

You will have to make a diagram, it's easier than talking in the air. Those who made the assembly with turbo will be able to give you opinions.

so the reactor is also feasible in steel, no effect on the operation? easier to get that for me ^^

The first assembly is not usually the most successful ... : Mrgreen: You will always be in time to make a new stainless steel later, more efficient taking into account the experience gained.

a test for a first assembly on a mob would be possible? it is more easily removable, whether for the exhaust etc etc, what do you think?

If it is a two stroke, blunder! It doesn't like the water in the low engine ... and you risk tightening. It must be possible but certainly a little more difficult to develop. I guess you shouldn't inject steam into the intake but into the cylinder or cylinder head (much more difficult ...
:frown: )
0 x

[Eugène Ionesco]

space
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by space » 14/10/10, 23:28

I asked that because I had found a conclusive test although laborious ^^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvWydgDcR88
to deepen xd
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 15/10/10, 00:03

Concluding ... ??????? In my opinion it starts with the gasoline that remains at the bottom of the carburetor tank ... and in the tests that we could see when the proportion of water is so large, the engine can barely turn. .but from there to provide power it is something else ..... and with a correct output .... we ask for proofs : Mrgreen:
0 x

[Eugène Ionesco]