Doping on a Peugeot van

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
PITMIX
Pantone engine Researcher

by PITMIX » 24/02/06, 06:33

This is what I thought it would be necessary to put a probe in the bubbler to be on the temperature of the vapor.
0 x
bolt
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by bolt » 24/02/06, 19:46

good evening André

the temperature I reached is at full load and at high speed, it rises quickly (2 km), but as soon as I relieve the load a little, it drops quickly too

how much cross section do you have, in cm², for the passage of exhaust gases (reactor exterior / exhaust pipe interior)

on the j9, I have 18,7 cm² (equivalent diameter = 48.8 mm, but certainly with greater pressure drop: friction of the air against the reactors)

bolt
0 x
Other

by Other » 25/02/06, 02:30

Hello Bolt
The reactor tube is 27mm in outside diameter there is another superimposed reactor outlet tube of 12mm outside and deflectors to channel the exhaust on the reactor the exhaust duct is 65mm inside, that gives more for the exhaust, This assembly gives me more heat on the reactor, but not more performance than the first without deflector, anyway I can not exceed 600c back of the turbo, I do not know if the engine is well designed or the turbo eats all the heat? but I have to deal with it.
In addition I put a 100mm rod instead of 152mm and I think I would rather put one of 200mm and given the low heat available on the engine, (next disassembly this spring) on ​​the 300 liter 3TD diesel, in the meantime I have my teeth on the chevrolet gasoline the heat is available!
For your temperature measurements measured in millivolts on the output of the thermocouple, I rarely arrive at 30millivots on the petrol engine and on the diesel when I approach 25 millivolts
because I drive at 160kmh for several km.

Andre
0 x
bolt
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by bolt » 25/02/06, 14:00

Hello

here is a photo of the reactor and the bi-pass (we see the axis of the bi-pass pallet, covered with a spring + nut which are used to hold the pallet in the position chosen with the lever

rectangular section also for the profiles that go back and forth to heat the bubbler (5 cm beside)

we also see the position of the probe in the ech. after the reactor that I put in to control the temperature
seen from above: we see the 2 exhaust outlet elbows, with the other probe inserted in the 2nd elbow, the reactor, with the gas rise "GEET" towards the air intake hose (filter / manifold adm.) , the bubbler with the temp probe. and the multimeters placed on it, to the left of the image (we just don't see it) the dual-pass control lever (with action: raise / lower)

schematic diagram

bolt
0 x
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 25/02/06, 23:13

Andre wrote:Hello lau

On diesel the water reserve and small, when I speak of 400km it includes short stops (highway rest area) without stopping the engine just to check the water level, add more, see that nothing is blocked ect .. on the 400 km there is a stop just for a short shop visit of the tourist place you have to enhance the trip!
What to do the difference between starting the engine completely cold. and roll hot
But you are going to have the same surprises me the constancy or the repetition of the consumption, it is the above that I work
You will understand why before making a public demonstration you must be sure that it works suddenly!
and especially to know why it does not work.
For the cooling of the tube, it is negligible what is needed what it does not overheat, just remove the insulation with the ventilation of the motor is sufficient
As for the bubbler tube it is the opposite it must be well insulated even the bubbler, the temperature in this tube is around 80c more or less it does not change much on the progress of the reactor, when you disassemble this tube just after a trip it must be dry in this conduit (no drops of water)
For the reactor outlet the temperature should not come too hot
How much do you pay for your water consumption?
Even by reducing the entry it does not drastically reduce consumption, as I expected I can not get below 0,5 liters an hour,
Andre

I reassure you, I do not intend to make a public demonstration :D but simply present my montage to those interested for a fair for now.
My water consumption, I'm still 1,4 / 100km ... even reducing the air intake, it's crazy! ... but if I close the valve completely I'm sure I do better than you by falling to 0l / 100km !!!Image
0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!
bolt
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by bolt » 28/02/06, 23:51

good evening mmm

as you don't mind, I quote your mp
it allows the other to give constructive advice to move forward in our schmil; mili; limi; mblic
mmm wrote:M Bolt, the temperatures you announced are incoherent, to realize when you get the temperatures so high, stop and in complete dark you will have to have a white color on the exhaust and the manifold.
A light orange color is obtained with turbo-diesel, and max. with the engine and is equivalent to 580 ° C, we can see the blades of the turbo in rotation, I no longer have the color scale in mind but I think that on the forum must have charitable souls who have it close at hand.
For the record, I want to explain the thermal laws that must never be crossed, to not shorten the life of an engine.
It is a balance, temperature admission, also called the Law of 100 ° C exhaust temperature, and in the middle piston temperature.
What I'm talking about, everything stands, and understood for the unbelieving who does not believe in the Pantone, and that's why I tried, to convince me.
The TAd is the most important (in some occasions), onboard engines, confines, except aviation, for what because from 105/108 degrees depending on the engine type and this particular: Its configuration, power, environment etc. there is a very precise limit, for each centigrade degree on admission, the exhaust temperature takes 100 ° C, like that. I would come back (Terminator).
The TEch is the most easy to monitor, 600 ° it is not very high but in unimportant cases, ex. four and two stroke motorcycle engine with the particularity in the latter case of the mounting of the resonator with the mounting of two variants 664 ° and 674 ° and its running, an exception the two stroke engines with variable valve that I do not know what they work with temp. Max. of 200 degrees, if there is that know I am taker.
The TEch of 600 ° is exceeded yes, but for how long.
The TPiston, this justice of the peace, 268 ° C, this the best kept secret in the industry, the alloys, from this temperature, the piston begins to lose its mechanical qualities; under what conditions we reach this temperature, Max load. and time, we exceed this temperature yes, but with caution, concrete example Renault, to validate the pistons for the 24H of Le Mans made tests on the Lyon-Chambery highway to reproduce the long straight line of Hinaudieres, not valid, l he next year rented a racing circuit in the USA with one or two baffles, and then we know the results, and Toyota the same.
I come back on the Tad in balance on Tech on the Audi A Quatro group A of the 70s, 3L engine 600 ch, turbo compound, pressure 2.8 bar, forced to spray water at the intake to cool on the air temperature d 'admission, and if Michelle Mouton found one on more power of 20% the car will be an airplane, and that this very simple observation which decided me to build my first Pantone.
Dear sir, please excuse me for this very long explanation, but I find that missing in the forum and if you think this useful I don't mind if you put it on the forum.

The van is a good base for the Pantone

I put a table for the visual temperatures of steel by the colors: the top is after it is cooled, the bottom is while it is hot

Does it match what you know, or are there errors in this table?

for my T ° C measurements, as I am not too gullible, I checked my sensors in boiling water, etc. as indicated above, I even inverted the 2 probes to check that there was no reading error from one probe to the other,
as André said there was more difference between reactor input and output on its assemblies,

I then thought that the passage section ech in the reactor was too large for the tubes containing the rods to take more calories at this ech, since the ech must lick the tube / rod to give it its heat
the molecules of the ech gas being more distant from the tube / rod only pass through while keeping more of their calories

I did not understand your theory about temperatures

I know when we work at night with a tractor, in general we turn on its headlights, but I have already turned off mine for a moment to see, in the middle of the dark night, when the engine was at maximum load
in broad daylight or with the headlights on, we don't realize it, but in the dark we can see the whole red collector, and also the pot of ech in places,
we can even see a 10 cm dark red flame coming out of the ladder
(better not put your hand in it)

to more bolt
0 x