Water doping on Renault Trafic 2.5l SOFIM

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 11/11/11, 21:55

you would not have idea of ​​a good insulator which resists well to the heat and which is not too thick? Cheesy Grin and not too expensive ..

Apart from the vacuum, the best insulator is still air, and therefore heat resistant, asbestos then rock wool, glass wool, all the more dangerous as it resists heat! !
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 11/11/11, 22:35

pablo wrote:In my case there is no bubbler (gvi) and therefore with a good insulation of the system, even a "heater" of the intake manifold or a good insulation of it, we should be able to reduce the damage ...

Reheat the collector .... shouldn't it cost more energy than letting it heat up quietly !?

it is true that copper is best calloporteur as stainless steel, (be done with rather thin stainless steel tube - to 1mm for the same Hours of Operation?).

My copper and stainless steel reactors are 1 mm thick. Even in 1 mm, stainless steel is several seconds behind copper. : Mrgreen:

and do not you think that is pelliculle aussis on the inside of the tube ?? you may suck into your engine! : Shock:

If it is it is the lime deposits that fix the oxide inside: mrgreen: In fact the pipe is still dirty, I do not know what it carries unofficially : Mrgreen:

and you have not thought of a good insulator which is resistant to heat and not too thick? : Cheesy: and not too expensive ...

I have in small quantities, scraps of ceramic fibers used for ovens. Not bad. Do not try to buy new, you will leave your shirt there ...
Uh ... also, we must not forget the mask, and a good .... : Cry: :frown: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Paul
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Paul » 16/11/11, 14:23

Hello!

Well, I reassembled the gadget, but its bug still and always!: Evil:

Said:
when I accelerate, there is water coming out through the air intake.

Could it be because of the direct connection of the tank to the GV (no flexible hose)?
In fact, it looks like when the water in the steam generator boils, the pressure brings the water back up into the tank, and the longer its end (acceleration) the more its fate!
Or is it the vibrations that bring the water up?

I don't understand : Cry:

helphelphelp !!!!

Pablo
0 x
With patience, the orchard becomes jam.
Flytox

by Flytox » 17/11/11, 19:12

pablo wrote:Hello!

Well, I reassembled the gadget, but its bug still and always!: Evil:

Said:
when I accelerate, there is water coming out through the air intake.

Could it be because of the direct connection of the tank to the GV (no flexible hose)?
In fact, it looks like when the water in the steam generator boils, the pressure brings the water back up into the tank, and the longer its end (acceleration) the more its fate!
Or is it the vibrations that bring the water up?

I don't understand : Cry:

helphelphelp !!!!

Pablo

The flow is as easy as possible, if it goes up that way, it's because it's too "blocked" on the other side, on the reactor side. This is why we mount a venturi, it sucks upstream and we "control" better which side the flow is made ... :|

The intense vibrations make funny things too, like the pipes fill with bubbling (cavitation evaporation?) Which rise to the surface causing water and it overflows ... : Mrgreen: It works less badly when the water supply is done from below (it purges itself).
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

Paul
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Paul » 25/11/11, 11:28

yep!
Okay so here it is, my new reactor is ready,
and mounted !, I keep you up to date for the results ...
inspired by that of "lapierreangulaire" ...
except the tube (stainless steel int 17mm and 1mm thickness) the rest is substantially the same.

voil voilou.
A+
Paul
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 25/11/11, 12:12

Yes !!! Very interesting. Do you feed it with a GVI, bubbler, other?

How did you manage the ratings for this reactor?
0 x

[Eugène Ionesco]

Paul
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Paul » 25/11/11, 17:56

yep!

I feed the beast with a GVI, (simpler, and my faith quite effective),

For the dimensions, I took as reference the model of lapierreangulaire, which I contacted for their opinion, (there are quite simple :D ), but I mostly made do with what I found at the scrap yard : Cheesy: (the rectangular stone recommends an 80mm diameter tube for the reactor body, but yavé that 70mm, so I took his : Cheesy: ) !!

I did as they advised me for the length of the tubes (35cm + mixing chamber 5cm)

On the other hand, the steam outlet of the GVI is in 14 (and not in 12), to be sure that it does not make "steam plugs" (as "can be" on my previous assembly, where the steam came out by the outlet d constant level tank air)

I also, cut at 45 ° the steam arrival in the mixing compartment, but there I think its sucks too much that I have water back up! : Shock: then go wrong that I cut it straight as quickly as possible !!!! (tomorrow is done!)

Before long I should make a short trip (400 terminals) so I would have more info on the level of operation, not that since I usually make trips of 20, 30 kms, its just has time to heat up and so I don't feel a lot of changes : Evil: , even if I prefer that it works after 5 kms!: mrgreen:
Finally, we will see after I have cut my tube if it drowns me more, I should still have changes right?
ah and then I saw that there was one who did not want to be displayed, so here it is!

go bye,
Pablo,
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 25/11/11, 18:48

Good editing! 8)

I also, cut at 45 ° the steam arrival in the mixing compartment, but there I think its sucks too much that I have water back up! Shocked then go cliff that I cut it right as quickly as possible!!!! (tomorrow is done!)

I don't think it will change the music for your water lifts ... what level do you see these water lifts for that matter?

On one of the photos published by Lapierreangulaire, there was a kind of Y with small taps to be able to traffic the air entering the reactor (change the air / vapor ratio). Maybe you could mount something like that !?
0 x

[Eugène Ionesco]

Paul
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Paul » 26/11/11, 17:07

I have water lifts at high engine speed (no rev counter!), And that even after cutting the right pipe (you were right, my faith!). : Mrgreen:

And when (after 3kms, a good part of which goes straight up (high speed)) I turn off the engine, I hear intensive bubbling in the reactor and the air intake, which indicates in my opinion that the whole is filled with water! : Evil:

I plan to change the steam supply by 12 or even 10, since its aspirates to donf there should be no backflow into the tank at a constant level as on my previous assembly.

to be continued...
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 26/11/11, 19:04

pablo wrote:And when (after 3kms, a good part of which goes straight up (high speed)) I turn off the engine, I hear intensive bubbling in the reactor and the air intake, which indicates in my opinion that the whole is filled with water! : Evil: .

I also think :|

I plan to change the steam supply by 12 or even 10, since its aspire has donf

Aspire to donf without venturi ...... I ask to see? : Mrgreen:
Instead of changing the diameter of the pipes at the outlet (laborious), you can also put a "nozzle" by inserting a smaller end of pipe which makes a restriction. You will see if it changes the music or if it does not do much (AMHA).

there should be no backflow into the tank at constant level as on my previous assembly.

I don't want to be heavy ... but your fickle level seems to get loose in the reactor this time around : Mrgreen: It is incontinent in all cases. How high is it from the reactor and what did you attach it to?
0 x

[Eugène Ionesco]