water doping Mercedes C 250 1997 TD IIBP

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
Tibo1987
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

water doping Mercedes C 250 1997 TD IIBP

by Tibo1987 » 10/03/11, 13:34

Hello everybody,

My name is thibaud I am 24 years old, I live in Toulouse, I changed car recently, I already run in bi-fuel with recycled vegetable oil, and I would like (in fact I WANT) to boost it to the water with steam generator + reactor assembly.

I think my reactor will be in the exhaust manifold just in front of the cylinder head outlet (that's where the EGR quilting comes from); I have to dismount to check that it is accessible behind. (and make pictures).

Then for the steam generation, no bubbler because no place and I do not like the inertia of this system; I think about 2 things: a real GVI on the one hand; but I'm a little afraid of slaughtering my muffler (I do not know how to weld!) or a system with a copper coil around the pot (bof) or a steam generator by fogger with possibility to activate / shut off the fogger with the throttle cable stroke.

Here I need your opinion to refine my project.

Greetings
Last edited by Tibo1987 the 10 / 03 / 11, 15: 38, 1 edited once.
0 x
Mets oil!
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 10/03/11, 13:58

I do not know how to weld

Can be easier to learn ???
Difficult to have good thermal contacts without welding.
0 x
Tibo1987
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Tibo1987 » 10/03/11, 15:31

Hi dedeleco,

well observed, it's part of my projects this year: invest in a small job, and learn how to use it.

After I'm adept at least possible massacre on original parts, which is a guarantee of reliability in my opinion, and I also think of the resale and put back to the origin.
0 x
Mets oil!
davio
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by davio » 25/04/11, 20:58

You leave nothing tibo!
I searched everywhere to see if anyone had tried to manage their pantone with an EGR valve to control the flow depending on the temperature but I found nothing.
Too bad the operation of the EGR could help regulate the intake of vapors instead of the exhaust but no one apparently tried the experiment.

Well I'm going back to finish my bicarburation ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Flytox

Re: Damping with water on Mercedes C 250 TD IIBP 1997

by Flytox » 25/04/11, 21:27

Tibo1987 wrote:Then for the steam generation, no bubbler because no place and I do not like the inertia of this system; I think about 2 things: a real GVI on the one hand; but I'm a little afraid of slaughtering my muffler (I do not know how to weld!) or else a system with a copper coil around the pot (bof) or a fogger steam generator with the possibility of activating / cutting the nebulizer with the throttle cable stroke.

Welcome to the Tibo1987 club. For the copper coil around the bush, I tried and failed to get it to work. The solders have cracked regularly and the heat exchange is more than average .... Moreover, if the diameter of the copper is small (4 mm to 6 mm inside) the steam pushes small packets of water in front of it and the operation is not the most regular ... in addition to not producing the "good" steam :frown: :P

For the nebulizer, we are quickly limited by the water flow that we are able to "fog" even by multiplying the number of nebulizer. (calculate to make 1 liter hour ....)
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Flytox

by Flytox » 25/04/11, 21:29

For the massacre of the original parts, I used to sacrifice duplicate ones that I found scrapped. More state of mind ... : Mrgreen: And easy going back.
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

alaniesse
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by alaniesse » 26/04/11, 00:44

Exact
for steam generator, one of the best system is the electric fogger:
1 head: 1 / 3 of liter of water per hour (engine of the order of less than 2 liters of engine capacity)
3 heads: 1 liter of water per hour (engine of the order of 5 to 6 liters of engine capacity)
use distilled water / osmosis only (an osmosis Auchan / large distribution: 50 euros) and have a can of water osmosis in the trunk to make the extra.
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 26/04/11, 22:07

alaniesse wrote:for steam generator, one of the best system is the electric fogger:
1 head: 1 / 3 of liter of water per hour ( engine of the order of less than 2 liters of engine capacity)
3 heads: 1 liter of water per hour ( engine of the order of 5 to 6 liters of engine capacity).

Where do you get these values? You made a montage, and you can show it to us, how do you come to these figures? :?:

use distilled water / osmosis only (an osmosis Auchan / large distribution: 50 euros) and have a can of water osmosis in the trunk to make the extra.

Have you tried tap water or rain?
0 x

[Eugène Ionesco]