Doping 508d steamed with a RETROKIT: NO RESULTS

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
jime
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jime » 15/04/08, 12:35

Hello

Nice DIY from a coffee machine pump, I changed mine recently and I kept the old one :D

It is true that the results announced on the R21 with fogger that leaves you dreaming on the other hand it is necessary that the fogger turns more or less continuously, you have to see the stability over 2-3000km

for now I will continue to try to tame the gvi! but if I fail it will give me a new track of experience
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 15/04/08, 18:38

Hello jonule
jonule wrote:I think it would be advisable to open a post on the foggers instead of the bubbler ??

Indeed, the possible developments seem particularly interesting.

jonule wrote:manufacture of a sprayer (hp coffee machine pump + nozzle):
http://gam82.free.fr/blog_post_lire.php?categ=2&sujet=96

plugged into LDR (stability) does it seem the best, compared to the manufacture of mechanical steam?

The pump shown is for intermittent use, but it may exist for continuous use. As for the temperature parameter, there is a good chance that the approximately 75 ° of the LDR is enough, if it is too much it is easier to cool than to heat.
For the dimensions it does not seem prohibitive.
To dig..... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
jime
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jime » 19/04/08, 11:52

Hello

Puzzle of the week
I try different air nozzles for a 1mm nozzle, I managed to climb around 110 ° with a 2mm nozzle.
But I can't reach this temperature anymore, I guess it's a story of water arrival

But when I drive in 5th gear the outlet temperature of the reactor is around 70-80 ° c and when I stop the temperature climbs up to 99 °, I roll again the relapse temperature, gloups less I roll quickly, the more heat I have and conversely, I accelerate the temperature drops

so I guess a lack of water, I try all the positions of the trap nothing helps, I lose my Latin

Good I go back !!
0 x
fc89
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by fc89 » 19/04/08, 14:16

Hello Jime,

I think that the temperature differences noted come from the inertia of the engine.
Let me explain:
The exhaust manifold being attached to the engine conducts heat from the engine block.
When driving, there is heat dispersion.
When stopped, the heat is confined.
Then spreads to all connected metals.
A+
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 19/04/08, 15:25

hello jime
jime wrote:so I guess a lack of water, I try all the positions of the trap nothing helps, I lose my Latin

In the maze of possible adjustments, there must be methods better than others to find an optimum in operation. What seems to me "best" or at least the most suitable for my editing, is to try to reproduce the same conditions of "departure" before modifying something and evaluating a modification.

Indeed, without changing the settings according to the way I heated the GVd before sending the water it gives me different results. As long as I did not go up in temperature (at least 90 °) and what by the air circulation in the GVd, that is to say at least 5 km at 90 -100 km / h the results at the setting water are random. Once this very long heating period has passed, the behavior seems more reproducible. (the GVd is looking for between I drown or I dry ....: Mrgreen: )

I insist on these "starting" conditions because for the same course with the same settings at the same speed, I noted results with a 20 to 25 ° difference in the steam outlet, one super stable, the other which does the yoyo and ends up drowned at 73 °.
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

pombo508
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by pombo508 » 19/04/08, 22:02

Hi Jime,
As I am not sure what to say given my skills still tiny in the field, I just wanted to tell you that it's cool to be able to follow your courage and perseverance to pursue for the best setting ...
It motivates to experience too.
I don't have any advice yet, except that I logically agree with fc89, especially when we see the ventilation of our engines (they take all the wind from the front and from below ...) . If it finds you have the right settings, but you have to think about the insulation of materials ...

good evening and look forward to reading news ..
0 x
jime
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jime » 19/04/08, 22:12

Bonsoir

In fact I oscillate between the thermal inertia in the event of slowing down and the vapor which would be blocked by the nozzle of 3mm at exit of gvi, when I rolled at 25% of load I had more heat than 100% of load , at 100% load, the air volume is much larger than at 25%, it therefore lowers the temperature, the gvi no longer provides enough steam, especially since this also produces cold just after starting

After spending the afternoon hacking I arrive at something fairly stable but still a little low in T ° C considering the 112 ° that I have already reached (I still wonder how :D )

So 2mm air nozzle
1mm gvi nozzle
4mm gvi outlet nozzle (I enlarged it by 1mm)
Water consumption around 0,5-0,6L / hour
T ° c in 5th full load 86-92 ° (depending on the slight ascents or descents of the course) otherwise 88-90 ° on the flat
T ° c min 80
T ° c max 97
or a 17 ° amplification, this is the smallest I have achieved with my settings

I went through an adjustable drip nozzle from 0 to 1mm for the water supply, I tried several openings without success, the gvi does not consume enough water and is struggling to rise in temperature, with a 1,5 mm nozzle there is too much water, for an identical result, the temperature is not optimal, I am already fixed on the size of the nozzle which suits me: 1mm

: Arrow: : Arrow: more this nozzle of 1mm prevents hot water from going up to the trap and this even after a day to start, roll, stop, the trap remains cold ansi as the supply pipe to the nozzle, it is therefore an advantage to protect and extend the life of the trap float !!!
with the 1,5mm nozzle, the result is not the same the trap is hot (40 °) and without the nozzle it was very hot (60 ° and more)

I still have 2-3 tracks to explore before taking a new go consumption, I will enlarge the steam outlet nozzle of the gvi to 5mm as well as recover the hot air in the reflector placed against the exhaust manifold before send it into the reactor

I would like to reach 100-110 ° before the new test

Flytox wrote:
Indeed, without changing the settings according to the way I heated the GVd before sending the water it gives me different results. As long as I did not go up in temperature (at least 90 °) and what by the air circulation in the GVd, that is to say at least 5 km at 90 -100 km / h the results at the setting water are random. Once this very long heating period has passed, the behavior seems more reproducible. (the GVd is looking for between I drown or I dry ....: Mrgreen: )

on the gvi everything plays while the 5 reports go up after the start, cold as hot, I tried extreme settings, no water and too much water, the amplitude is 15 ° - 20 ° maximum, during these adjustments I had t ° c at 25% of load up to 104 ° then it relapses up to 80 ° at 100% (for this I was at the maximum level of the trap ( the gvi is drowned) while in dry or with very little water the t ° C is close to 50-60 °, always in 5th

finally I begin to identify the beast after these few days and my collection of nozzles and copper nozzles : Cheesy: , to be continued...

good night!!
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 19/04/08, 23:11

Hello

Is temperature reading the reactor outlet close to the inlet to the intake manifold?

Several things influence the reactor outlet temperature
if a weak circulation in the reactor that gives a low temperature (because the place where in measure gets cooled)
If the exhaust is not hot enough and too much circulation gives a low temperature.
If too much humid air even at full power it lowers the temperature.

So you have to know if the reactor is hot or if it receives too much humid air.

In my case when I solicit the engine 130kmh 140kmh, the exit temperature drops to 110c
a100kmh it is hot 140c to 150c
In a dimension it goes up at the start then it goes down

On cold start for the first km it rises gradually and then descends and stabilizes

A stabilized temperature high at 150c or a temperature at 110c does not give better results, it is not absolutely necessary to seek the highest temperature.
the temperature is just an indication to know if the reactor is not flooded, to dry it it must be supplied with air, or a short stop, if after a short stop you notice that the engine is performing.

You will notice that the other assemblies on one have a fairly consistent pre-reactor heating.
What I call the anteroom that I have spoken on several occasions
In your ca if there is no anteroom, the humid air comes directly into the reactor and exits through the central rod
so the humid air must be well prepared to enter this reactor which seems to me very short at sight of eye 100mm

Do not forget that running it cold fouls the external reactor and its efficiency decreases,

Andre
Last edited by Other the 20 / 04 / 08, 03: 20, 1 edited once.
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 19/04/08, 23:21

hello jime
jime wrote:I still have 2-3 tracks to explore before taking a new go consumption, I will enlarge the steam outlet nozzle of the gvi to 5mm as well as recover the hot air in the reflector placed against the exhaust manifold before send it into the reactor
I would like to reach 100-110 ° before the new test

The hot air you want to send into the GV, if you have the possibility,
you can try to "overheat" it against the exhaust tube so that it gets really very hot in the mainsail (like T °> 200 °).
It won't be as hot as in the "Cornerstone" system
but why not : Mrgreen:

As soon as I have the opportunity, I must do this test on my system ...
0 x

[Eugène Ionesco]

jime
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jime » 20/04/08, 07:32

Hello

Is temperature reading the reactor outlet close to the inlet to the intake manifold?

yes yes, the probe is taken in the rubber hose just before the diffuser in the air intake

Several things influence the reactor outlet temperature
if a weak circulation in the reactor that gives a low temperature (because the place where in measure gets cooled)
If the exhaust is not hot enough and too much circulation gives a low temperature.
If too much humid air even at full power it lowers the temperature.

my past week allowed me to master its parameters a little more, I "think I know" when there is too much or not enough water in the reactor, I was able to try adjustments, starting with the trap at the bottom of stroke to the top of the stroke, and record the outlet t ° C, so that I spotted the position of the bleeder which provides the most constant t °

So you have to know if the reactor is hot or if it receives too much humid air.

in fact we must look for the lowest amplitude in operation and not the highest temperature?
In my case when I solicit the engine 130kmh 140kmh, the exit temperature drops to 110c
a100kmh it is hot 140c to 150c
In a dimension it goes up at the start then it goes down

On cold start for the first km it rises gradually and then descends and stabilizes

well it reassures me, the behavior of my reactor is similar !!

A stabilized temperature high at 150c or a temperature at 110c does not give better results, it is not absolutely necessary to seek the highest temperature.

in fact I am looking above all for a temperature above 100 °, j (I suppose the steam t ° c between 90 and 100 °) but I am trying not to cool the steam from the gvi with the supply of fresh air, I would like use this air to facilitate the flow of steam to the reactor
0 x