Citroën bx 1.4 tge

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
alainpmc
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Citroën bx 1.4 tge

by alainpmc » 17/10/05, 18:53

Hello,
I made a water doping pantone assembly on a gasoline bx and I am only starting to test. I put the reactor in the exhaust pot it is a tube of 20mm outside and 16 mm inside, length a little more 350 mm with a central rod of 200mm and diameter 14mm.

I put a dellorto carburetor of 19 for the food, the water is heated in a "bowl" with a copper coil fed by the cooling liquid of the heating hoses.
The air supply to the carburetor is made with a copper pipe which runs along the exhaust pipe.

I have a little problem:
- slowed down when it swallows water is irregular, I put the pantone gas inlet in place of the oil breather which means that the oil vapors are no longer sucked in for the moment I would like to know if there is a risk for the engine ??.

- IN 40 KM I spent about 1/2 l of water is this too much ??? in fact I have no control over the water flow rate the reactor swallows what it wants.

-the pipe which goes from the reactor to the admission is a diameter of 10mm that is' is it sufficient or does it need a large diameter ???

-
Here are my few questions for now.

I have not noted a drop in consumption yet but I do not have enough perspective so we will see, on the other hand is that the engine undergoes a scrub in the first use ???.

I also noticed a particular odor unknown to me.
I have a thermocouple on the reactor outlet pipe I have between 205 ° to 230 ° in use at 90-100k / h.

I would like to thank everyone who contributed to this forum which allowed me to get started in this kind of editing and of course André.

thank you all

Alain.
: Rolleyes:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/10/05, 19:17

I moved and pinned this topic.

It is clear that the amount of water injected is paramount .... it takes about 1/5 of the fuel consumption .... Finally on diesel engine. In essence it remains even more mysterious ... We lack return for the moment ...

For the smell, Olivier also noticed it ... but nothing says that it is the same ...
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 17/10/05, 19:36

Yes, water can scour an engine.

It's an old mechanic thing my father had from his best friend:

Remove the air filter to gain access to the carburetor, open the throttle fully to race the engine and throw a glass of water into the carburetor.

Cleaning guaranteed!
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/10/05, 20:10

uh with this method it is rather hydraulic tightening guaranteed!
Especially if it's a mug of beer :D

But otherwise yes ... the patents for water injection are innumerable but none is applied on the market ... pkoi? mystery!
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 17/10/05, 20:10

Hello,
between two activities I answer
the strange odor of racing car I also feel that especially after l, having been forced a little.
for the temperature my chevrolet is the same figure as you, it's normal if your carburetor has no idling adjustment there is a large depression in the engine so it consumes a lot and in addition less heat rated exhaust. When you roll at 120 and more it heats more than one hand and you consume less water because the vacuum is less in the intake manifold, that's why the steam comes out at 200c and more
300c maximum For water consumption 1 liters per hour no problem it is approximately the dose, I have already consumed up to 3,8 liters per 100km. maybe the resevoir contained more than that, the inconvenience of putting too much is slowed down there are failures, and that does not improve the efficiency of the engine, You must be able to put enough for the steam outlet temperature of the reactor is around 100c, whatever the regime, so make an adjustment so that it is effective at the usual regime in my case I worked on 80kmh. If the dose is not rigorous it is not very serious for the engine, it has been since this spring that I put in and I am not bothered to go to extremes.
When I test, I test at the end.
This cleans the engine examines your candles and the color of the oil it stays clean, In the cold season you will add a little alcohol in the water, you will see the engine likes this, here we call that baptized water.
The only control that you have on your carburetor is the strangulation that you have in front of the chuck (choke), it is with him that you will balance the patent, I cannot give advice on this subject because I have a homemade carburetor, ask ZAC, but the principle remains the same.
You need to find a way to deplete the engine, it is only there that you will see a good difference, give us the details of your engine, injection, carburetor, lambda probe? if you keep this original it translates into more power, but the consumption is not much.
the water will allow the engine to run in gasoline ratio conditions that normally without water it would not be able to support.
Why? I don't know, I just notice.
Andre
0 x
zac

by zac » 17/10/05, 20:50

former oceanic wrote:Yes, water can scour an engine.

Remove the air filter to gain access to the carburetor, open the throttle fully to race the engine and throw a glass of water into the carburetor.

Cleaning guaranteed!

Hello
you method is a little bit a little "hard", we do it at half speed and with a sprayer !!!
for odd and unidentified "Odor" we also notice it and it tells us, a priori, that the engine is clean and that the pantone is working.
we noticed that the sooner this odor arose after the first start, the better the pantone's performance. Why?
@+
zac
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
professeur31

by professeur31 » 17/10/05, 21:37

zac wrote:
former oceanic wrote:Yes, water can scour an engine.

Cleaning guaranteed!

Hello
you method is a little bit a little "hard", we do it at half speed and with a sprayer !!!
for odd and unidentified "Odor" we also notice it and it tells us, a priori, that the engine is clean and that the pantone is working.
we noticed that the sooner this odor arose after the first start, the better the pantone's performance. Why?
@+
zac

Hello.
Yes the smell is present when you inject water but unfortunately, this smell does not necessarily indicate that the system is working, I have noticed!
: Unsure:
0 x
Other

by Other » 17/10/05, 22:33

Hello
The old mechanics did something similar here, but it emptied the contents of a bottle of Coca cola, the engine at mid speed, I'm not sure that it must be good segments, but one thing and on, it cleans , one has to wonder how it should cleanse in a stomach.
For odor it is present only for engines doped with water
the small oil engine does not smell that. and yet it works.
In the case doped al, water, I do not know yet the criteria precise which says that the reactor and operational well, I feel it only on the gas pedal more on the gasoline engine, than the diesel which in any case is not very vigorous for a 3 liters.
it would take a precise flow meter on the fuel to get to make more observations on consumption while driving at a stabilized speed on a highway not too hectic.
I had installed on the diesel a TPS potentiometer linear to measure the position of the accelerator, but not precise enough to draw something from it, and moreover not directly related to consumption.
The problem with each modification you have to burn 60 liters of diesel (it is especially the time that you have to spend in the vehicle) to know if it is good.

Andre
0 x
Other

by Other » 18/10/05, 02:34

Hi,
I read quickly for your driving questions
with a reactor of 16mm and a rod of 14mm dela gives a passage of 47mm2 therefore a conduit of 9,5mm and you operate with 10mm it's a bit tight, a 14mm would be preferable, at the entrance too, it should not be forgotten that the restriction must be made only at the level of the reactor between the rod and the reactor, in order to have good velocity.
For the short term breather it does not matter the old engines and the planes currently., The breather it is a simple tube has, free air, or in slight depression, under the hood. The crankcase should never be under pressure, a slight depression, this ventilates the oil and water vapors and this prevents the oil from passing through the crankshaft seals, although this is not very clean for nature.
For your conduit you can make a bottle like that you will change it when you make a refit in your system, make your first experiences, then you make corrections. At first we can't wait to test, then we take it easier.
Andre
0 x
alainpmc
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by alainpmc » 18/10/05, 07:33

Hello

if I understand correctly :
-I have a diameter too small for my reactor / intake pipe. Good, it's easy to catch up with.

-your reactor outlet temperature at 90/100 km / h is too high which means that I do not pass enough water in the reactor, so I have to increase the water flow let's say to have a temperature of 150 to 180 °.

To pass more water, the air which arrives in the carburetor before reactor must be restricted to make a "enrichment" in water. The more the revolutions / mn increase more the restiction of air must be important. I hope that I am clear :P

For those who do not know the bx I have a 1,4 l, 4 cylinder engine with a carburetor it is a standby charette from 1989.

Something which I am dumped is the story of engine depletion. On my engine carburetor there are two screws where one can act one screw for the richness and the other slows it down. tighten the wealth screw then we loosen it to the point where the engine runs faster after we lower the slowdown that's how I do but hey I'm not mechanic.
If you tighten the wealth screw too much the engine struggles and if you loosen too much it is the same.

In the case of doping with water, there is an additional air intake, so an impoverishment of the mixture is not enough ???.
Should we shift the ignition advance put cooler candles because I understand that the depletion of the air / fuel mixture increases the heat of the engine I do not want to burn a valve.
Well I'm in the cabbage and I have limited notions in it can be that I write bullshit;).

I would love to know how we do to deplete the engine mixture thank you to those who know for your answers.

alain
0 x