Doping an internal combustion engine with water vapor

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
gildas
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

View gildas » 28/09/10, 22:48

Flytox wrote:Let me insist. I have several co-workers who put electronic ignition at the time on 4L, and they had reduced their fuel consumption in a tangible way. At the price of the precious liquid, it is quickly amortized .... For having tried one, it accelerated more frankly and turned rounder than mine. : Mrgreen:

Good and well must see the price ...

The throttle axis has no play.

I did a cold start test with starter + very hot water doping; serious backhand, the rag came out almost black and damp. I had just reloaded the inflator, it thus turned very quickly perhaps if the engine is not accelerating ...
I have to put a potentiometer!
0 x
Flytox

View Flytox » 28/09/10, 23:21

Throwing water or steam into a cold engine can only cause problems. On my assembly I wait until the water of the LDR is at temperature before doing anything, it is more careful. : Cry: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
gildas
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

View gildas » 30/09/10, 14:25

Hello,

New rag test test! : Cheesy:

Ouch! This time it was not conclusive, I did a test on 12 Kms
at 90 km / h for each rag. The one doped with steam is identical to the other!: shock :: cry:

I think my test on Saturday was distorted with the engine not properly preheated.
0 x
gildas
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

View gildas » 30/09/10, 16:18

I can't believe my failure; is it because the rags are undersized (30cm by30cm)?
The left is the one doped with steam.

My blowing is not adjustable, pollution would therefore be engine idling?
Washing the exhaust?
Or then unreliable cloth test.
Admittedly, the steam enters the butterfly, but on G-Pantone diesel engines, the steam injection is also done before the injection of diesel, in addition, if there is a restriction it depletes the air flow !?
0 x
Flytox

View Flytox » 01/10/10, 00:09

Gildas wrote:I can't believe my failure; is it because the rags are undersized (30cm by30cm)?
The left is the one doped with steam.

https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... FXJncV.jpg

The rag increases the pressure drop and modifies the carburetion by allowing the increase of burnt gases which remain in the cylinder head. In any case, the size of the cloth mesh is much much larger than the size of the rejected particles, so you do not know what you are picking up and it is absolutely not representative of the particles which are rejected.

Washing the exhaust?

When the engine is hot, you need to take a big boost to empty the soot accumulator pot before any test.

Or then unreliable cloth test.

Exactly, before it was the oracles which read in the entrails of animals, now we interpret the blackening of the rags ...

Admittedly, the steam enters the butterfly, but on G-Pantone diesel engines, the steam injection is also done before the injection of diesel, in addition, if there is a restriction it depletes the air flow !?

You forget that Diesel absorbs a lot more air than it needs. It works without problem with a very lean "carburation" compared to a petrol engine. Decreasing air has virtually no effect at low and medium speeds on performance. On the other hand, at full pot, where there is only 10 to 15% excess air, there by reducing the air we smoke and increase pollution (heterogeneous combustion).
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
gildas
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

View gildas » 01/10/10, 16:18

I was inspired by this video to do a tissue test this time on my diesel clio:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCMwzRXnbO8

So I fixed a handkerchief on a metal case then touch the rear bumper and 1 cm approx from the exhaust, I started with steam (same assembly as on the R4 without reactor but arrived from the steam downstream of the air filter and engine warmed up, rainy weather). For 2 minutes chrono in hand (I only had to touch one side of the engine to keep the water warm) engine idling: Image

I then proceeded exactly the same way for the one without steam:
Handkerchief slightly blackened in both cases.
I did not find any change in odors.

On the vitry video or obviously the engine is idling and that the test apparently does not last two minutes, it should take much longer!
0 x
gildas
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

View gildas » 02/10/10, 11:47

Hello,

After my tests cloths / tissues finally inconclusive in terms of depollution with the doping with water vapor, it would be necessary multiple tests / adjustments, measures taken in a technical control, because a doping with vapor without reactor with yet a depolluting effect as claimed by the VIX system.
Up to 70% less pollution: http://www.quanthomme.info/qhsuite/nouv070705.htm
(Middle of page)
0 x
gildas
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

View gildas » 02/10/10, 18:15

I do not know if you read the article of February 1974 on the link of my previous message, but it is described a very simple vapor doping by connecting the vapors of the LDR to the admission by a simple pipe. dip tube) Of course there is glycol and additives, but if the engine block will be aluminum (weight saving), it would be possible to cool the engine exclusively with water (the outboard boat engines are cooled to water) in temperate regions. During a freezing period, you should simply add alcohol and suspend doping with water.
0 x
Christophe

View Christophe » 09/10/10, 20:13

If we know the Vix well: https://www.econologie.com/procede-vix-e ... -2926.html

For your handkerchief test, your motor was already cleaned by water doping. You should have done a test before doping ... or wait for your engine to foul up ...

Did you read our interview in AutoBio Mag on the history of doping? Otherwise it's here: https://www.econologie.com/forums/article-ec ... t9612.html
0 x
gildas
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

View gildas » 09/10/10, 23:11

Good evening, thank you for answering.

The article of auto-bio, I bought the magazine.

I do it again a handkerchief test without steam and in the same
conditions as the latter.
0 x