Hulot, Minister at 100 Liters on time?

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Hulot, Minister at 100 Liters on time?

by Ahmed » 03/09/18, 22:17

Rather than "different culture", I would speak of the state of advancement of the capitalist process. In the countries with the most modern economy the agrarian and feudal stage is already largely ancient history, hence for the backward countries the need (in terms of capitalism) for an authoritarian and state catch-up. Unfortunately for the USSR, competition quickly turned towards the military and space sectors, which disqualified it from all other commercial sectors and caused its collapse and its rallying to the market economy. Russia no longer has much hope of succeeding in becoming competitive and its economy is massively profitable (oil, gas, etc.).
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 04/09/18, 12:59

Ahmed wrote:Rather than "different culture", I would speak of the state of advancement of the capitalist process. In the countries with the most modern economy the agrarian and feudal stage is already largely ancient history, hence for the backward countries the need (in terms of capitalism) for an authoritarian and state catch-up. Unfortunately for the USSR, competition quickly turned towards the military and space sectors, which disqualified it from all other commercial sectors and caused its collapse and its rallying to the market economy. Russia no longer has much hope of succeeding in becoming competitive and its economy is massively profitable (oil, gas, etc.).

By culture I mean information contained in the brainso that includes what you mention.
For my part I do not think that the USSR is to rally to the market economy following errors *.
In fact it could not be otherwise, communism leads once this mission accomplished irremediably economic liberalism or its different versions.
We would therefore be faced with a form of evolutionary strategy of an economic nature aimed at saturating the world, which would require a "small" reinterpretation of history.

* One can however imagine that the collapse could have been avoided by means of a better management as it was the case in China.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 04/09/18, 13:19

Yes, I am entirely of your opinion and the mistakes I mentioned have only played the role of accelerator to an inevitable outcome anyway.
The little "reinterpretation" of history is particularly well seen!
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 04/09/18, 13:30

Reworking: François de Rugy replaces Nicolas Hulot at the Ministry of Ecological Transition https://www.lemonde.fr/politique/articl ... 23448.html

We are saved : Mrgreen:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 04/09/18, 16:45

It is presented as being "pragmatic", which is the pledge of a flexible backbone able to manage the great gap between an evanescent desire for a hazy (but decorative!) Ecology and orientations without qualms towards " necessities "of the market ...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 05/09/18, 11:33

Comments from Guillaume Meurice about this new appointment:
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/09/18, 17:33

Posthumous action of Minister Hulot:

0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 06/09/18, 00:39

"posthumous"! as you go. : Cheesy:

They rely on a lot of people say so : Mrgreen: Am not sure there are so many people involved.
The (near) future will tell us :)

Have a video tite on the collapse : Shock:
1 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 06/09/18, 10:59

interesting reflection!

when a civilization reaches the limits of available resources, either it has means of government to manage properly ... or it does not succeed and it collapses

among the means to collapse there is the war on neighboring civilization

it is therefore urgent to find the right means of government to go in the right direction ... ecology can not be an independent minister of others ... the search for a way to optimize the use of all resources must to be a main goal

to optimize does not mean that to manage with the current technical means: it also means to mobilize all the scientist and engineer to invent and to build new technical means ... or to rediscover old forgotten technical means

and above all, to make useful technical knowledge available to everyone ... to stop the absurdity of patents and other manufacturing secrets for all that is ecologically useful
2 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 06/09/18, 11:47

izentrop wrote:"posthumous"! as you go. : Cheesy:

They rely on a lot of people say so : Mrgreen: Am not sure there are so many people involved.
The (near) future will tell us :)

Have a video tite on the collapse : Shock:

Me who was waiting for a diversion video made by comedians! :frown: But I had a good laugh! : Lol:

Edouard Philipe does not seem to distinguish well between human society and industrial society ... the nuance is nevertheless appropriate!
If it seems to me that humans do not disappear in the short term, the same is not true of industrial society (1).
Maybe it would be good to remember that we are currently going through a phase of ecological collapse, but that this one obeys for the moment - on a global scale-- to a principle linear / progressive evolution(2)
There is a delay between ecological collapse and the collapse of societies, yet our two speakers are asking the question of collapse without knowing that we are already there! : Lol:
We come back to a vision of optimistic smug who considers that we can change things ... by continuing in the worst, which is confirmed by the liberal policy of the government.

For slightly more critical observers, it appears that the "event horizon" (point of no return) has been crossed for a long time! (1980 for the pessimists and 2000 for the "optimists").

1) It is still necessary to differentiate an economic collapse (like oil crash), of an ecological collapse, of an ontological collapse (advent of a new era / transhumanism) etc ...
2)As a reminder, there are two forms of major evolutions:llinear and progressive evolution et disruptive evolution(the famous "punctuated balances").
What is true in one sense is also true in the other and therefore applies to the collapsing phases.
For the moment the ecological collapse obeys this first trend and therefore suggests that we could avoid the worst, hence the talk about the increase in 2C ° of global temperature at the end of the century, suggesting that we have time.
In fact the studies (whatever the domains!) Shows that it appears a disruption that just transform, sometimes in a few weeks / month in the case of climate, balances, preventing adaptation and causing the disappearance of species in mass .
1 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.