Lavas cloths last longer .... (known air)

Various experiences made by members of the forums concerning in particular small household appliances and energy management.
Did67

by Did67 » 11/01/12, 19:15

Yes, we drift!

At the same time what good is it to save the anti-limescale to be done by the planned obsolescence of the machine manufacturers?

But compared to your comment on the cost of the part: in the case I indicated, the part did not cost "that much", even delivered! It's not the cost of the part, although I probably got screwed again ...

Especially, but I should have done the test, I bet that if I had called a repairer:

a) it cost me 5 times more expensive (you will tell me that the labor is expensive, and it's true)

b) result, the repair cost 300 euros and the new device promo 400 €; So I was bazardais the old and bought a new ... And the slate went from thirty euros to 400 € and I do not speak of the balance sheet for the planet ...

I do not question the repairers or the salesmen of the parts: it is the obsolescence programmed which is the wound (for our wallets and for the planet)! And of course advertising for anti-limescale that make you believe in imbecility: limestone will flood everything at home to stay on the subject!

Ultimately, it's a "fuck the consumer" business. By one end or the other!
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 11/01/12, 19:33

Last week my dishwasher fell out of doors. A great brand, which is only 11 years old.
A priori electronic failure because nothing starts and the LED starts flashing.
In short electromechanics it was more beefy.
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 11/01/12, 19:45

Did67 wrote:
sen-no-sen wrote:Well you're good talking about fridge, recently my parents do not stop (he has 12 years), it works continuously.
Do you know where it can come from?

I thought about the seal (which make the mouth)?

I think rather of the failure "symmetrically" opposite to mine:

- I wonder if with you, it does not work the contactor on "on" ...

ok i will watch all this, thanks a +
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 11/01/12, 19:46

Did67 wrote:
- at home, it no longer worked, the ignition on "off": I go home, fridge off; I disassemble, I disassemble, I end up arriving at this thing and neither one nor two, I short-circuit: miracle it works! (I had checked before, with a tester, that there is current at the different stages: at the input of the box, yes; at the output no!)

- I wonder if with you, it does not work the contactor on "on" ...

Do you mean with the ohmeter or with the beep (which ultimately returns to the same, no?)
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 11/01/12, 21:36

elephant wrote:We deviate a little from the subject, which is, roughly summarized: "Stop enriching Henkel, Procter and Gamble, Benckiser, etc. because the anti-lime in the washing machines are useless" (unless you are subscribed washing at 90 ° )

From what I understand no machine washing at 90 °, the maximum effectiveness of the laundry is in 65 °. The graduation up to 90 ° is to reassure mom is more clean / disinfected ... : Mrgreen: Besides, fortunately it does not heat as much, given the amount of hot water in the machine ..... hello the amount of steam in the room ..... and the electricity bill too.

For the "limestone" which supposedly screwed up the machines, the repairman told me that it is on the contrary the detergent which settles and which makes an abrasive crust which deteriorates the protective lip seals of the drum bearings .... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 11/01/12, 22:31

elephant wrote:
Forhorse: there is nothing to do, what is expensive in a spare part is to manage, store, transport, sell.
Everything is a question of balance cost / longevity.

Yes I know, and still there we are in appliances, so large public, so big volume.
When I see the price of parts for industrial machines sometimes it's scary! kind 3200 € PLC CPU card while there is the same thing as in a PC to 200 € ...)
As long as the pieces are available and distributed to the individual we will not complain too much, it allows those who hack a little to help out at a reasonable cost and especially to stop running this company con-summation.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 12/01/12, 16:05

Forhorse wrote:The last failure of LL I had was an electronic card.
My wife regularly complained of linen not wrung (not washed at all in fact ...) so lazy to spare, we bought a new one.
This one was 12 years, we were given, so no regret.
I keep it anyway at the bottom of the cellar "in case"

Last summer, a sudden motivation, I decided to dismount our old LL and look for the blackout.
It is a model with a universal motor and a triac drive card. I said to myself "come on, classic breakdown, triac slammed" I change it (3 euros of components) and that's not it! : Evil:
I dig a little troubleshooting, and comes to the conclusion that it is the microcontroller on the card that is naze.
No need to try to change it, without the program in it it would be useless. And considering my level write myself a program providing the same function would take me several weeks.
Forced to buy a new card to 95 euros (1 / 4 the price of a good new machine anyway ...)

Well I had a machine like that (a brandt I don't know what with the variable spinning) Once I also thought that it was the card and indeed in the card case there was a notice that explained how to diagnose a fault on the variator or the motor ... In 17 years I had just changed a drain pump (70 francs) and the motor brushes the bearings failed I also kept the motor and its variator to make me a centrifuge ... The rest went to "envy" or I bought its replacement (a miele)
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Did67

by Did67 » 12/01/12, 17:04

Obamot wrote:
Do you mean with the ohmeter or with the beep (which ultimately returns to the same, no?)

Yes, a multimeter. Personally, I use it in Voltmeter:

- 230 V to OK socket
- motor input: 0
onc it's between the two
- input of the "box" connected to the thermal bulb: 230 V, so it happens so far
- outlet of the box while the fridge is hot: 0 V, so it is the "tipping" in the box that no longer takes place; I shunt: the engine is running
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 12/01/12, 18:15

I did well to post a warning:
https://www.econologie.com/forums/post221718.html#221718

Did67 wrote:
Obamot wrote:

Yes, a multimeter. Personally, I use it in Voltmeter:

- 230 V to OK socket
- motor input: 0
so it's between the two

Well seen.

Did67 wrote:- input of the "box" connected to the thermal bulb: 230 V, so it happens so far
- outlet of the box while the fridge is hot: 0 V, so it is the "tipping" in the box that no longer takes place; I shunt: the engine is running

Excellent! : Cheesy: but damn! Do not put your fingers!

Bein over here, we have a freeze in short-juice following a water damage that made the sinkers last year !!! This is serious Dr? : Oops:
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 12/01/12, 19:14

Have fun with your classic troubles, dry electrolytic capacitors that are in the water!
Drying well, after removing the mud, it can walk again, the freezer, if we have not turned the power, before thorough cleaning and drying, in every nook with electronics.
0 x