Lavas cloths last longer .... (known air)

Various experiences made by members of the forums concerning in particular small household appliances and energy management.
Flytox

by Flytox » 10/01/12, 22:02

Did67 wrote:In France, first of all start by inquiring about the quality of the water and its "hardness" at the town hall and / or the concessionaire. On the compulsory information sheets, there is notably a small paragraph on this point (whether or not it is necessary to "treat" the water).

Now, in some dishwashers they put a small colored reagent paper with a color chart that allows you to read the hardness of your water according to the color and therefore to adjust the salt and / or rinse aid. No enough feedback yet to know if it's effective, crap or ... if it's sponsored by the "regenerating" salt merchants : Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 10/01/12, 22:14

The PH meter exists as a strip that changes color depending on the measured liquid: acid to neutral to the most alkaline, so why not ...

... if in addition to a clean cloth she has the hug ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 10/01/12, 22:58

In addition now washing machines are so cameloté (programmed obsolescence) that anti-limestone or not, they always end up letting go before the limestone has supposedly been able to cause a breakdown (the stroke of the limestone on the resistance it always makes me well laugh in their pub ... I never saw a resistance break down because it was covered with limestone! at work we have plenty that a real crust on it, and they always warm as well ...)
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 10/01/12, 23:24

In the vinegar, the crust falls.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 10/01/12, 23:33

Forhorse wrote:In addition now washing machines are so cameloté (planned obsolescence) whether anti-limestone or not, they always end up letting go before the limestone has supposedly been able to cause a breakdown (the stroke of the limestone on the resistance it always makes me laugh in their pub ... I've never seen a resistance break down because it was covered with limestone! at work we have plenty that a real crust on it, and they always warm as well ...)

Indeed. If it stopped suddenly without showing signs of weakness the previous times. After checking the fuses, simply get and replace the condo of the engine (the same), in principle it starts again ....

This is the thing that piss easily easily after the end of the warranty period. Which requires little manpower and parts, and which can easily be invoiced at the customer's head ... (by an unscrupulous service)

EDIT:
Warning: it is essential to take the usual precautions: isolate yourself from the ground with safety shoes, disconnect the power supply, test for a short-circuit, in particular on the earth of the device, empty the capacitor with an electrician's screwdriver bridged on both terminals (disconnected from the circuit, etc ... if you are an amateur or with your head in the air: drop it because mortal danger with electricity and water)
Last edited by Obamot the 11 / 01 / 12, 19: 52, 2 edited once.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 11/01/12, 11:48

1) Same opinion: I do not see how the deposit of lime on the resistance would prevent a machine from working or the heat from passing! [the reverse yes - I said it: dear me, slightly acidic water, resistance slightly "pitted" in 6 or 7 years, current leak, circuit breaker ...]

2) Obsolescence programmed: I did not have it on the LL, but on the LV and the fridge

(e LV 1st breakdown at 5 years and 6 months - "a plastic bitonniot - the shutter which closes where the pellet is placed"; at 10 years, the flexible evacuation pipe - therefore flooding; both times, the part is can be found on the internet, you have to work your way to boning and especially restoring! Cost: around twenty euros per piece

the fridge: thermostat naze 10 years; can be found on the internet, need to bone etc., you know the song; always twenty euros ...
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 11/01/12, 13:19

Well you're good talking about fridge, recently my parents do not stop (he has 12 years), it works continuously.
Do you know where it can come from?

I thought about the seal (which make the mouth)?
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Did67

by Did67 » 11/01/12, 13:44

sen-no-sen wrote:Well you're good talking about fridge, recently my parents do not stop (he has 12 years), it works continuously.
Do you know where it can come from?

I thought about the seal (which make the mouth)?

I think rather of the failure "symmetrically" opposite to mine:

- the thermostat is made up of a bulb, hidden behind the "frost plate"

- from this bulb, a fine capillary leaves in a small box: depending on the expansion, this makes a small contactor "switch"

- at home, it no longer worked, the ignition on "off": I go home, fridge off; I disassemble, I disassemble, I end up arriving at this thing and neither one nor two, I short-circuit: miracle it works! (I had checked before, with a tester, that there is current at the different stages: at the input of the box, yes; at the output no!)

- I wonder if with you, it does not work the contactor on "on" ...
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 11/01/12, 14:14

The last failure of LL I had was an electronic card.
My wife regularly complained of linen not wrung (not washed at all in fact ...) so lazy to spare, we bought a new one.
This one was 12 years, we were given, so no regret.
I keep it anyway at the bottom of the cellar "in case"

Last summer, a sudden motivation, I decided to dismount our old LL and look for the blackout.
It is a model with a universal motor and a triac drive card. I said to myself "come on, classic breakdown, triac slammed" I change it (3 euros of components) and that's not it! : Evil:
I dig a little troubleshooting, and comes to the conclusion that it is the microcontroller on the card that is naze.
No need to try to change it, without the program in it it would be useless. And considering my level write myself a program providing the same function would take me several weeks.
Forced to buy a new card to 95 euros (1 / 4 the price of a good new machine anyway ...)
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 11/01/12, 17:13

We deviate a bit from the subject, which is roughly summarized: "Stop enriching Henkel, Procter and Gamble, Benckiser, etc. because the anti-lime in the washing machines are useless" (unless you are subscribed to the washing at 90 °)

Forhorse: there is nothing to do, what is expensive in a spare part is to manage, store, transport, sell.
Everything is a question of balance cost / longevity.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be