Test of ignition cycle of led or compact fluorescent bulbs

Various experiences made by members of the forums concerning in particular small household appliances and energy management.
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 01/11/07, 09:23

innuend0 wrote:Precisely, has any of you already personally purchased compact fluorescent lamps that require no discernible / disturbing delay to reach their maximum luminous flux?

Hello,

I have Philips but, as I bought them a while ago, they should not be as good in speed as the new ones.
Personally, however, I do not feel any discomfort. I have placed them in suitable places, that is to say places where we stay for a long time, like dining room, kitchen, bathroom. The result is that the ignition delay / duration ratio is very small => less annoying. they are also places where I do not feel the need for immediate bright light. On the contrary, it's easier on the eyes : Cheesy:
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/11/07, 13:37

innuend0 wrote:Precisely, has any of you already personally purchased compact fluorescent lamps that require no discernible / disturbing delay to reach their maximum luminous flux?

Of course ... it's called a neon (although there is also an improvement in the brightness on neon when they are hot but the difference is less important) :)

But it's fluorescent but more compact ... : Cheesy:
0 x
innuend0
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by innuend0 » 05/11/07, 17:19

I found some very interesting information, and I wanted to share it with you: It mainly speaks of "the time necessary for a compact fluorescent to reach its maximum luminous flux"; but probably other things: I didn't have time to dissect everything ...

To read :
http://www.commeunpro.com/forum/sutra23723.php
(it's relatively short)

Then, the document in question in the link above:
https://www.econologie.com/guide-pour-de ... -3587.html
(see page 82 for an interesting test and a curve of the results obtained)

Finally, a more general, but old document .. which details technically certain characteristics of compact fluorescent lamps. The author gives directly brand and model names:
https://www.econologie.com/guide-pour-de ... -3587.html
0 x
nialabert
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by nialabert » 06/11/07, 20:43

Hello,
the consumer magazine of French-speaking Switzerland made a test of the new economical bulbs:
ABE

As usual, they don't say everything:
- They test the ignition and extinction cycles but without giving values
- It does not take into account the gray energy cost of all the internal electronics.

And apart from the electricity, I am still not convinced to save something else with these bulbs.
0 x
Researchers who seek are found, but researchers found it seeks.
Fate
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Lexman

by Fate » 05/01/08, 21:07

Hello,
I read your discussions with great interest.
For my part, I am dealing with a problem of nomenclature.
I bought 2 compact fluorescent lamps (well I don't really know what it is, except that they have a plastic block between the base and the glass) brand Lexman (20w)
The first is ovoid and the second spherical.

For some reason that I do not know the first takes 1 min to reach its maximum luminessance while the second must "give" 80% or after a second.
Looking at the inscriptions I see on the 1st:
Lexman FS118 20w 2700K 230V 50He 140mA
The second
Lexman FS117 20w 2700K 230V 50He 140mA

So I tell myself that this FS11x must have a meaning but impossible to find it on the net.

Maybe you can help me.
If not, have you noticed a better "reactivity" of the spherical CFLs compared to other shapes?

Thank you for your answers
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/01/08, 00:33

Normally I would say that the interior is the same in these 2 models especially if they were bought at the same period ...

For the difference in behavior, I go for a "non-conforming" component in one of the 2 ... Delnoram will surely have a more precise explanation?

You have been warned! the speed of lighting seems to be a disadvantage in the lifetime of a fluorescent bulb (in other words: the faster it lights, the more the filament is solicity and therefore fragile and the less time the bulb is likely to last).
Last edited by Christophe the 06 / 01 / 08, 11: 38, 1 edited once.
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 06/01/08, 10:20

Christophe wrote:Normally I would say that the interior is the same in these 2 models especially if they were bought at the same period ...

For the difference in behavior, I go for a "non-conforming" component in one of the 2 ... Delnoram will surely have a more precise explanation?

What more do you want me to say, except that the "non-conforming" and can be already exaggerated, each component is in a range of + or - X% so we can without leaving the range of x% , we can have quite different behaviors.
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/01/08, 11:33

Ah that was the reason then? Thank you for confirming, it is true that 10% variation in value on an AC circuit can make a lot of change in the resonance in the end :)
0 x
Fate
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Fate » 07/01/08, 12:01

Hello,
for information, I bought a second spherical bulb, and it lights up as quickly as the 1st.

Given the price (8.5 €) and the advertised lifespan (8000h), I think the manufacturer has chosen a cheaper, less economical system, with a shorter lifespan, but which turns on faster.

It may not be silly, because the perfect device (which would last 100000 hours, would consume almost nothing) but which would take 10 minutes to turn on would not interest anyone!

Cdlt
Fate
0 x