Test of ignition cycle of led or compact fluorescent bulbs

Various experiences made by members of the forums concerning in particular small household appliances and energy management.
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/12/06, 16:43

Ay! I received the time relay! I'll keep you posted on the editing! :)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/12/06, 17:27

Okay, I just made a first connection with 1 spot GU3 10 ceiling (1 fluorescent, 1 LED and 1 halo) just to test the operation.

It works impeccably well, the periods are adjustable independently and fairly precisely .... Really a good product! Thank you Boulon for advising us!

For the "real" tests, given the upcoming holidays, I think I would rather start them at the beginning of 2007 ...

In addition, it would be necessary to agree on the tempos retained ... history that they are fairly representative of reality ... 8)
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 19/12/06, 21:37

Oh !!! The master received the Precious Image
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/12/06, 23:04

delnoram wrote:Oh !!! The master received the Precious Image

0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 05/04/07, 16:16

Hello,

Well, it would have interested me to have results to complement those of Delnoram ... : Lol:
The bubbles have not dissipated? :D

Thanks for the tests!
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Eco compact lamp

by Lietseu » 10/04/07, 15:43

I do not have the experience (training) of delnoram, but one thing is sure from my experience of average user, it appears that the lamps of this type which are too cheap are the least good (ikea, Chinese lamp) , the best of my personal test are the Philips (sl25) in ideal ignition on 24H00 on 24 3 years! without disassembling (old model very heavy !, not really compact, and also the new) there is no photo!

as for the lamps which must turn on and off often, passage detector in the dark hall of the apartment, 3 kids 8,10,12 years who forget to turn off the 350W, case resolved, thanks to the PIR, halos have a very long lifespan for that too (2 years)
By the way,
I'm also looking for new generation PIRs that detect the PRESENCE and the passage to go up to the ceiling, for a reasonable price, thank you for piping me (can we reasonably make it either?)
I will have a whole house (renovation) to equip ...

THANK YOU ! :P
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
innuend0
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by innuend0 » 31/10/07, 13:02

Hi everybody,

Can we discuss in this subject the "choice of the best possible compact fluorescent lamp for frequent start / stop"?

Or is there a more suitable subject than this? (If yes, please give me the link)

I too am saddened by the fact that I installed compact fluorescent lamps at home and observed two things:
    They take time to reach their maximum luminous flux
    Placing them in rooms where you can pass quickly reduces their lifespan greatly
This is why, I am in search of better lamps, and to assign those which I have to other rooms.

It seems that the Osul Dulux EL Facility are good candidates, but I am looking for all possible alternatives:
http://www.osram.fr/downloads/catalogue/200408311024450.facility.pdf
Philips?

Perhaps you could redo a test with more realistic durations? For the duration between 2 ignitions, inevitably, you can not put several hours, the test would be too long, but you can extend the ignition time (30 s for example?) Just to see if it has an impact.

I agree. I could help you by providing you either with values ​​from my own experience, or by getting information from colleagues (I work in lighting). Let me know delnorma. [/ List]
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 31/10/07, 13:35

innuend0 wrote:It seems that the Osul Dulux EL Facility are good candidates, but I am looking for all possible alternatives:
http://www.osram.fr/downloads/catalogue/200408311024450.facility.pdf
Philips?

Megaman developed Ingenium technology with Phillips ... patents are common but I don't know pkoi Phillips does not use the term ... in any case we find the 15h and insensitivity to ON / OFF ... it's too big a coincidence isn't it?

This technology guarantees 600 ON / OFF cycles ... in other words: they are insensitive to ON / OFF (an incandescent lamp does not hold 000 cycles) ....

economic and LED bulbs
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 31/10/07, 13:59

Would the Dulux allow direct current operation?
Under what tension?

Because if the same model allows to work in 230V AC and 12V continuous for the price of a conventional bulb, I say bravo to philips!
0 x
innuend0
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by innuend0 » 31/10/07, 21:48

This technology guarantees 600 ON / OFF cycles ... in other words: they are insensitive to ON / OFF (an incandescent lamp does not hold 000 cycles) ....

It is in fact almost an obligation, since they have a lifespan at least 6 times longer; it is therefore better that they have a high number of on / off cycles ... I understand however that you want to underline the fact that the Megaman are "announced" with a greater resistance than their competitors. But 600.000 is that a lot for all that ...?

To sum up my personal point of view on AML:
When we see the different disadvantages of these lamps I find that we take people for idiots by:
* selling them low-end lamps (the 90% of compact fluorescent lamps that people buy)
* By making large national campaigns for the purchase of these lamps (ADEME, manufacturers, Grenelle, French state, etc ...)

Precisely, has any of you already personally purchased compact fluorescent lamps that require no discernible / disturbing delay to reach their maximum luminous flux?

My next one will be a top of the range, I don't know which one yet, probably the best models of philips or osram ...

Would the Dulux allow direct current operation?
Under what tension?

No idea. But .. are you thinking of using them coupled with solar panels? If yes, what area of ​​panels is needed for an exclusive supply of lighting, in a medium-sized room?
0 x