PM230 for Dummies

Various experiences made by members of the forums concerning in particular small household appliances and energy management.
DecIRC
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

PM230 for Dummies

by DecIRC » 22/06/07, 19:27

Hello,

I am the new buyer of a PM230 in order to test on the Ecolo PC that my association offers in a few days.

Only I have stress, either I am completely stupid and I understood nothing about using the PM230, or I do my tests on the perfect product ...

I bought from Lidl a rechargeable night light / emergency lamp.
It plugs into the sector and lights up. In the event of a power failure or if the lamp is removed from its holder, it immediately becomes a flashlight.

I connected it for three days on the PM230 and I expected to see the cumulative consumption. I also set the device to announce a cost of 0.13 $ (failing to say 0.13 €) since it seems it is the price of kW / h at my supplier.

After three days, the instant consumption still shows me 0, the cumulative consumption shows 0.03 and the total in $ is always 0.

Is it realistic? It seems if I read correctly, that the Phi quotient (is that his little name?) Is 1 but I can't understand what that means ...

Is there a forum PM230 for beginners?

Ced
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/07/07, 09:37

Hi and welcome on these forums.

For your case, I see 2 things to take into account

1) The fact that the consumption of your "recharged" lamp which is not used is necessarily very low (and fortunately)

2) The display accuracy of the PM230 ... indeed if you multiply 0,03 by 0,13 you get less than 1 cent or 0,0039 €, but the PM only displays the price from one cent. It is therefore normal that it does not display anything for these values. Wait a bit to have exceeded 0,005 and maybe it will be around 0,01 €

I therefore advise you to make other tests with devices that consume a little more.
0 x