Performance Estimation of a microwave

Various experiences made by members of the forums concerning in particular small household appliances and energy management.
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/11/06, 07:11

elephant wrote:The protective anodizing of the mat is a relatively insulating aluminum salt.
We are in marine atmosphere and your mat is most often wet by rain, spray, condensation
It is not at all excluded that an electrolytic couple is born between the aluminum and its protective oxide under the effect of the microns, which must certainly generate a potential difference

+ 1 it pleases me as hypothesis ... provided that its mat is actually anodized ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/11/06, 07:13

0 x
Kalish
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Kalish » 21/10/13, 22:27

Hello, I know it's an old subject but I was interested in the power of a microwave, I was considering a boiler but apparently it would not be too profitable. (Still that would be super fast). I am quite surprised at the performance of the kettle because we must not forget that it also heats the resistance especially in the case. Anyway, I do not intervene for that.
Pkoi from 2 very precise frequencies (visible light) EM waves have corpuscular and undulatory behavior ... whereas they only have wave behavior otherwise ...

And as by chance these 2 limits correspond to the precise spectrum of the human eye ...

It is this kind of observation that makes me ... believe that we are not "for nothing" in the Universe ...

I do not know where you got this information but it's just wrong. The twofold wave duality has nothing to do with the value of the frequency (or the wavelength). Moreover, each photon can be transformed into another associated with a different frequency wave thanks to the doppler effect.
Infrared photons (and theoretically megaherms) exist just as much as the visible ones. Some apparent quantization effects of the EM field, such as the quantification of the energy levels of the atoms giving rise to a quantification of the emitted or absorbed spectrum, are in fact well explained by a semi-classical model in which the electromagnetic wave remains a wave and only the electrons obey the rules of quantum mechanics.
Quantification of the EM field is more of a conceptual / computational necessity and experiments that actually put photons forward are quite rare. In addition to that we must know what is meant by corpuscular behavior, if you imagine small balls that move in a straight line then no, it's never like that, and the light seems to move in a straight line for a very different reason, the wavelength is so small compared to the section of a beam of light that there is practically no more diffraction over the distances that interest us humanly. The evolution equations of the EM field remain the same. You will not find a photon wave function in a good physics book, or it is an excellent book (or a very bad one) it is a concept to take with great care.

As for the losses on the walls I rather think that this is a good explanation, certe waves are reflected but we must ask why they are reflected. The reflection of an EM wave is never anything other than the manifestation of the alternating currents of the walls which become secondary sources of electromagnetic waves. I do not know of any metal that does not suffer from Joule effect at temperature. room.

Chuss.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 22/10/13, 00:22

Microwave loss?

why when we turn it on we hear a fan noise? because the electronics are heating up everywhere: the magnetron ... the rectifying diode, the transformer, and the ventilation evacuates this heat

well on the microwave is like light: the magnetron illuminates everything and it is reflected on the walls that are not perfect and transform into heat that is not reflected

why the kettle is better?

because the resistance is immersed in the water to heat: all the heat produced is forced into the water: only loss, the heat lost by the surface of the kettle ... but as the heating is fast we do not have time to lose a lot

is the kettle really better? to warm up the cooked dish the kettle does not really fit : Mrgreen:
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 22/10/13, 09:11

Well, all these measures are interesting - scientifically speaking - and should also be compared with a diver's kettle or a diver.

But, try to heat a pizza in the electric kettle .... : Mrgreen:
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 23/10/13, 00:16

Measure the power of a microwave? fastoche! :D

1 liter of water in a plastic container closed and isolated with polystyrene for example
Heat 5 or 10mn
measure the T ° before and after heating (mix after heating)

Apply the "formula" P (KW) = (mass of water (kg) x 4.185 (KJ / kg.k) x Delta.T °) / time (s)

Uh, that was the question? : Cheesy:
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 23/10/13, 00:57

well, yes ! it is the measurement and the calculation that Christophe made by opening this subject in 2006 : Mrgreen:

we can recomend to see if the ants of 2013 are croaking stronger than 2006
0 x
hic
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by hic » 24/10/13, 00:53

An insulated kettle should have the same efficiency as a water heater, 85%,

With a posibility to cook 2 hours at a temperature between 100 ° to 90 ° (and less, around 70 °),
with the same yield, see better.

That is to say the output of a "" Norwegian electric cooking pot ""
0 x
"Let food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food" Hippocrates
"Everything has a price has no value" Nietzche
Torture for Dummies
Forbid to express the idea that the field is acceleration (magnetic and gravitational)
And you get your patent mental torture option executioner successfully
hic
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by hic » 28/10/13, 19:09

Capt_Maloche wrote:Measure the power of a microwave? fastoche! :D

1 liter of water in a plastic container closed and isolated with polystyrene for example
Heat 5 or 10mn
measure the T ° before and after heating (mix after heating)

Apply the "formula" P (KW) = (mass of water (kg) x 4.185 (KJ / kg.k) x Delta.T °) / time (s)

Uh, that was the question? : Cheesy:

you will notice that if you turn the microwave to empty the oven compartment heater

magnetron yield 65%

plus the weight of the container to be heated, 100g total 1100g
the yield goes down by -10% 55%

the radiation heats the oven compartment -5%?

overall yield 50%

The effect of insulation during boiling is not significant
difference in kettle and water heater 85% 90%

effect of the insulation of the container
for the microwave less than 5%
0 x
"Let food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food" Hippocrates
"Everything has a price has no value" Nietzche
Torture for Dummies
Forbid to express the idea that the field is acceleration (magnetic and gravitational)
And you get your patent mental torture option executioner successfully
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/06/15, 21:53

I fall back on this subject when updating this page: https://www.econologie.info/rendement-fo ... cro-ondes/

I recall the main result:

Results: these yields rarely exceed and very difficult 50%. Numbers range from 35% to 57%. The average of the 7 tests, carried out on 4 models of different furnaces, is 46,8%.

I think I remember that it was also deduced (2006 my god that time passes!) The more a microwave oven is filled in its volume, the better its overall performance ...
Last edited by Christophe the 17 / 12 / 15, 17: 39, 1 edited once.
0 x

Back to "econological Laboratory: different experiences for econologic"