LED bulbs intermittent lighting?

Various experiences made by members of the forums concerning in particular small household appliances and energy management.
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 02/02/08, 11:18

Christophe wrote:Pkoi led bulb manufacturers do not use this property because according to you for the same lighting you can reduce consumption by 24 and increase the life ... so I have trouble understanding why c is not applied ...
It's to sell crap and renew the gear faster? It's really taking buyers for cons ... but hey it would not be the 1ere time ...

99,99% of the manufactured objects are made to be sold. Incidentally they can be used for something.
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 02/02/08, 11:44

fthanron wrote:Ahah was right, I warned that my interpretation of the information might be in the west! O)
Well, what about those manufacturers who do not care about us or what?

Bedside lamps with dual-intensity lighting are not "current-current" and in recent years this has been replaced by the triac dimmer. Electronics can do extraordinary things in all areas but labor is expensive so we do the minimum and the important thing is that it sells. We can very well imagine making a really powerful LED bulb, guaranteed for 10 years, made in France but it would cost a hundred euros and it would be unsaleable.
0 x
fthanron
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by fthanron » 02/02/08, 11:50

Maybe if this company was a cooperative or association it would help ... if it is in the public interest it is even possible to obtain subsidies ...
0 x
Frederic
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 02/02/08, 12:43

fthanron wrote:Maybe if this company was a cooperative or association it would help ... if it is in the public interest it is even possible to obtain subsidies ...

Yes, but the white leds operating by pulses (invisible, I am not talking about the "flash" mode) is no longer really an innovation so it is excluded to call on OSEO (formerly ANVAR). You can find that at the "Vieux Campeur" or at "Nature et Découvertes". In pulsed operation the lighting no longer has the intensity of the continuous lighting but the consumption is much lower (it is still necessary to find the appropriate measurement method). I was able to measure that with lighting reduced by about half in light intensity, we were able to divide consumption by ten. I wouldn't be surprised if we find this on the market in the near future, made in China, with mediocre performance but an attractive price.
0 x
fthanron
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by fthanron » 02/02/08, 13:12

It seems to me for my part that the objective of the day (and for a long time elsewhere for some) is to do the maximum with the minimum therefore the performance becomes a paramount datum if we want to achieve the objectives (which everyone sets for themselves) 'agree) to reduce our impact on the climate!

As for the great empire, I am certain that people are inclined to make efforts as for the quality of the products still it is necessary that everyone shows the example!

The West provides shitty materials and solutions just as much as Asia and each travel of our representatives are the perfect illustration!

If here we show our interest for quality and performance, suppliers will only have this option to take but if we continue to accept to consume fake products ...

After what I say ...;)
0 x
Frederic
fthanron
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by fthanron » 03/02/08, 08:53

Hello,

After a night of reflection, I propose to define specifications, make a prototype and find the subsidies to carry out this project of high efficiency LED bulb prototype made in France!

It's worth showing that it is doable to really do better with LEDs than what is on the market today, right ?! YES !-)

Have a good start to the day with your applause!

Sincerely yours.
0 x
Frederic
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 03/02/08, 11:40

fthanron wrote:Hello,
After a night of reflection, I propose to define specifications, make a prototype and find the subsidies to carry out this project of high efficiency LED bulb prototype made in France!

I am certainly not the most qualified here for this project but nevertheless I propose my participation. First a question: Is it absolutely necessary a bayonet bulb or screw style led lighting knowing that the lifespan of an led is estimated at 100000 hours?

fthanron wrote: It's worth showing that it is doable to do really better with LEDs than what is on the market today, right ?! YES !-)

Absolutely, LED lighting (of quality) is at least as efficient as fluorescent tube lighting with the advantage of not using mercury vapors and of lasting much longer.
0 x
fthanron
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by fthanron » 03/02/08, 13:03

I am certainly not the most qualified here for this project but nevertheless I propose my participation

Thank you Maximus Leo!

Is it absolutely necessary to have a bayonet bulb or screw style led lighting knowing that the lifespan of an led is estimated at 100000 hours?

Can you clarify / develop your thinking?
I think you have to be as close as possible to performance, I don't know much about it, but for example if 12 V generates savings and better exploitation of potential, you have to opt for this solution. What do you think ?

LED lighting (quality) is at least as efficient as fluorescent tube lighting with the advantage of not using mercury vapor and lasting much longer.

We are on the right track then! ;)
0 x
Frederic
delnoram

by delnoram » 03/02/08, 14:12

fthanron wrote:
I think you have to be as close as possible to performance, I don't know much about it, but for example if 12 V generates savings and better exploitation of potential, you have to opt for this solution. What do you think ?

I do not see where you are coming from, the 220v and 380 V are the voltages supplied by the electricity distributors, then the 12V or 3.4V for a diode : Cheesy: can only be via a lowering of tensions (thus nothing to gain by there) or a production house which is not possible for everyone.
Unless I forget a third way? :|

fthanron wrote:
LED lighting (quality) is at least as efficient as fluorescent tube lighting with the advantage of not using mercury vapor and lasting much longer.

We are on the right track then! ;)

I agree with Maximus Leo on the fact that Nichia is at the forefront of "non Luxeon" white leds, I had in hand white leds from 30000 to 40000 mcd and they are powerful, but they are at 20 ° to make a comparison with a fluorescent it would be better with 120 °
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
fthanron
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by fthanron » 03/02/08, 14:46

I do not see where you are coming from, the 220v and 380 V are the voltages supplied by the electricity distributors, then the 12V or 3.4V for a diode can only be via a voltage step-down (so nothing to gain by there) or a homemade production which is not possible for everyone.
Unless I forget a third way?

It was an example delnoram I did not say that it was necessarily a good idea !!! : Cheesy:

I agree with Maximus Leo on the fact that Nichia is at the forefront of "non Luxeon" white leds, I had in hand white leds from 30000 to 40000 mcd and they are powerful, but they are at 20 ° to make a comparison with a fluorescent it would be better with 120 °

Maybe this type of LED would do the trick? http://www.dplighting.com/ (sorry for the ad but how else? And then to my knowledge they do not sell anything here so I'm good right? :D )
0 x
Frederic