Long term test (life) of a bulb LED Sirius

Various experiences made by members of the forums concerning in particular small household appliances and energy management.
Christophe

Re: Long life test of a Sirius led bulb

by Christophe » 01/04/16, 21:11

Maybe, so that's what would have damaged the LEDs? As I did with the stabilized power supply (flickering after 20V)?
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 01/04/16, 21:27

No it's age, wear, what was the life expectancy for this lamp?
You talked about 11,4 V powered by the bulb is that some are shorted and others overloaded.

Above 20 V, you exceed the allowable current.
We do not power LEDs in voltage, we must always limit the current.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/04/16, 21:37

Yes it is 11.4V but putting 20V with the power supply of lab it would not change the brightness ...
I would have to test the transformer empty so ... just to conclude this test and see if it is the LED or the transformer that made the first soul. Because it is possible that it is the transformer which killed the LED (even if they made their time, one agrees ...)

For the lifespan, I don't remember ... it's been a long time since I no longer have a gearbox of this model: 25 to 50h I presume ... not 000h anyway, that's for sure!

The first LED models were given rather for 50 000h, now it is rather between 30 or 20 000h (more reasonable and realistic therefore in real conditions of use) ...

ps: as you see in the picture of the power supply, she has a current limiter (the tests today I made them in tension ...)
0 x