Standby power consumption of an induction hob?

Various experiences made by members of the forums concerning in particular small household appliances and energy management.
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/02/12, 12:52

Rebus wrote:The detection system on induction is still active, because curious thing if you put a pan, plate off nothing happens.
But if you put any object, cloth napkin the plate starts to beeping!

Strange given that "any object" is permeable to the field!

Can be coupled to a photosensitive sensor?

What is the point of this alarm?

In any case this confirms the hypothesis of the "security watch" and that a small field is permanently maintained (25W, apart from cos phi, it is not huge for that) ...
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 28/02/12, 14:21

Gaston wrote:
Christophe wrote:
indy49 wrote:Another thing: at a time when there are doubts about GSM antennas and mobile phones (which emit to 2W), I would be more dubious to buy a plate Induction which deposits in KW! : Evil:

This is only my opinion, but I'm hooked! : Cheesy:
+1
GSM uses an electromagnetic wave while the plate uses an oscillating magnetic field. Moreover they are not at all the same frequency bands ...

Not the same frequency bands, it's true, but the dangers of magnetic fields are known:

http://www.labelvie.com/pages/environnement/champs_electro.htm a écrit :The FEYCHTING & ALHBOM study of the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, concerned a population of 436 people living within 000 meters of a high voltage line between 300 and 1960. This study concludes that the risk of leukemia in children under 1985, depending on the strength of the magnetic field to which they are subjected:
- for an average exposure greater than 1 mG, the relative risk is 2,0 times greater.
- for an average exposure greater than 2 mG, the relative risk is 2,7 times greater.
- for an average exposure greater than 3 mG, the relative risk is 3,8.

Gaston wrote:Which does not mean that there is no effect, but the comparison is irrelevant.

I wanted to highlight the difference in order of magnitude (1000 ratio!) Between the power of a mobile phone and that of induction hobs.

Gaston wrote:That said, since you have to put a pan on the plate to start, the pan acts as a screen and absorbs the vast majority of the magnetic field.

The pan absorbs the energy it receives because it is near the field.
When we are in front of the induction hob (to mix what is in the pan), our body also absorbs part of the energy: typically, the genitals are exactly at the right height to take it. full "head" ...
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 28/02/12, 14:28

Christophe wrote:I just remembered that I bought one extra (an induction hob) just to test ... I've never done!

This is the opportunity ... I must find it ... and I'll see if I find a compatible pan!

It is clear that it would be interesting!

As a reminder, one of the arguments pro-induction is to say that whatever the size of the pan, it works!
This means that the field is, in general, not completely covered by the pan. And then the only way to have a field that is relatively targeted is to put the pan in the middle of a solenoid. Since inductive plates are not furnaces, we are not in this case. So the field goes everywhere.

Christophe wrote:A ceramic vitro also emits a field ...

Certainly, but in the case of a vitro-ceramic, the manufacturer tries to minimize the magnetic field to recover maximum heat.
On the contrary, in the case of induction, the constructor tries to maximize the field to be sure that all the energy is devoted to magnetizing what is lagging around.
0 x
Projéthée
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Projéthée » 28/02/12, 18:50

Hello,
when I read 100W, it made me flipper. My kitchen is under construction, neither one nor two, I unearth my magnificent power meter (a silverCrest), and rush to the socket.
Result; 3,4W on an induction plate from Carrouf.
It also beeps when certain objects are detected. I would not be surprised if this is a capacitive system.

If it can reassure.
0 x
Rebus
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Rebus » 28/02/12, 18:58

Hi,

Thanks for the measurement, 3,4W is already more acceptable.

I confirm that for me it is 100Watts ... 24h / 24h ... for nothing.

As soon as I can I check my wiring Phase / Neutral to the electrical panel.
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 29/02/12, 08:45

Same, after checking, I'm at ~ 5W.
Do you think phase-neutral inversion can have an impact?
0 x
Rebus
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Rebus » 29/02/12, 09:04

Hello,

In fact I do not know, but it's a check to make.
After, there is more than the design of the plate to blame and if that's it, I put a switch to the table set by a remote switch to cut off these unnecessary consumption outside periods of use.
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 29/02/12, 10:52

Rebus wrote:I confirm that for me it is 100Watts ... 24h / 24h ... for nothing.
You checked with the EDF meter :?:

The measurement of this device on standby with the Ecowatt is probably strongly biased (as Christophe said, this is not his main application).
0 x
cacahuet
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by cacahuet » 30/03/15, 14:05

I dig up ...

I just bought a kitchen aid table (upscale whirlpool).
I also have a consometer that tells me a consumption of 100W at rest (OWL CM160)!
The induction hob I had before, which was a bosch, revolved around 60W.

I called Whirpool after sales service who immediately certified that the standard requires them to consume less than 1W / h at a standstill.

To check all that, I went to see the EDF meter and compared with the consometer. Here are the results :

Plate cut at breaker:
Consometer: 306 (VA? W?)
EDF meter, instant conso: 1A, 320 VA, 270W

Plate connected at the circuit breaker, but off:
Consometer: 403 (VA? W?)
EDF meter, instant conso: 2A, 390 VA, 270W

In conclusion, my consometer must indicate VA, and the Whirpool SAV had to say true!

By cons, I do not know if the counter goes from 10 10 or 5en 5, or other? For when I turn it on, it would probably indicate 271w; but it must not be feasible.

Here I am reassured, and if it can reassure others!
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 30/03/15, 14:25

Can't you change the type of power displayed on your "consumption meter"?
On mine, I can display (among others) VA and W.

EDF counter side, in theory, it goes from 10 to 10, but I already had problems of the type:
- I plug in an 20W device
=> Nothing changes on the meter.
- I plug in an 10W device
=> Hop, we jump from 30W ...

So EDF meter accuracy all relative ...

(I specify that it depends on the counters: in an old apartment, the meter was really accurate to 10W near.
0 x