An econological "laboratory": what is it?

Various experiences made by members of the forums concerning in particular small household appliances and energy management.
delnoram

by delnoram » 25/11/06, 13:13

Christophe wrote:New gear needed: timer for extended tests on / off ...

Great idea especially since you are going to do a double test, the lamps, but also the timer, question which will drop first?

I will try to run the same test, except the sirius, the white one is used at the moment and the amber is being dismantled : Oops:
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 25/11/06, 19:04

in my opinion should be in your material:

relatively precise alternative ammeter, which is a little rarer than a multimeter: the problem is the heating of the shunt.

relatively accurate light meter in dim light (range 10 to 200 lux)

standard light source
standard charges
standard voltage source
alternating voltage regulator

in fact, the problem is the reproducibility of the results: if you test a bulb today, you must be sure that when you retest another bulb in 2 years, the measurements will be reliable, because you may have slammed your ammeter since then and the variations can vary in the range of 5 to 10%, especially in alternative.
in summary, you must check your devices before the measurements

you can get quite easily from electronic components dealers (sorry, I do not know the degree of isolation of your deep antenna) a multimeter with an RS232 socket, it costs around 80 euros

another big difficulty is the measurement of the luminous flux: in short, how to compare bulbs which do not have the same concentration of light, and there, I admit that I stall ...
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
iota
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by iota » 25/11/06, 20:23

elephant wrote:
another big difficulty is the measurement of the luminous flux: in short, how to compare bulbs which do not have the same concentration of light, and there, I admit that I stall ...

you can measure with a lux meter, at 1 meter from different angles.
One can like a radiation diagram of an antenna for example.
And then do an average.
And classify by type: spot, bulb, compact fluorescent coil ... etc
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/11/06, 20:48

delnoram wrote: amber is being dismantled : Oops:

KOI? you screw up the econological bulbs? pfff!

Otherwise for the ON / OFF test it would be nice to agree on the protocol ... well especially on the ON and OFF times ...

Personally I think 3 minutes ON and 1 minute OFF is a good compromise .... What do you think?

This essay would require the creation of a new topic ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/11/06, 20:52

elephant wrote:sorry, i don't know how isolated your deep arena is

Uh that does not change much with the sale by the net ...

elephant wrote:another big difficulty is the measurement of the luminous flux: in short, how to compare bulbs which do not have the same concentration of light, and there, I admit that I stall ...

Well, that's why you have to either:
1) make measurements at several points (see measurements made by Delnoram and me on compact fluorescent lamps and LEDs)
2) make a montage with mirrors which concentrate the luminous fluxes in one point ...

I admit that I much prefer method 1) : Cheesy:
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 25/11/06, 20:57

Christophe wrote:
delnoram wrote: amber is being dismantled : Oops:

KOI? you screw up the econological bulbs? pfff!

Otherwise for the ON / OFF test it would be nice to agree on the protocol ... well especially on the ON and OFF times ...

Personally I think 3 minutes ON and 1 minute OFF is a good compromise .... What do you think?

This essay would require the creation of a new topic ...

I think you know better than me what the programmer is capable of, mine was planned for the winter which is not yet here.
3 min It allows to reach the heating of the bulb, 1 min Off the cooling of the filament
Even if for this test, the heating of the bulb is not really necessary, since the filaments are the weak point of the bulbs, come in the background the electronic components of the assembly (semiconductors).
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"

Christophe

by Christophe » 25/11/06, 21:17

Uh for the fluorescent I do not know if it is the tube or the electronics which is the most sensitive!

And anyway you need a cycle that is representative of current use: 3 and 1 minutes are a good compromise for this ...

I created a topic dedicated to this essay:
https://www.econologie.com/forums/test-de-cy ... t2672.html
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/12/06, 17:54

Creation of a sub forum intended for the laboratory and our various experiments.

https://www.econologie.com/forums/le-laborat ... -vf63.html
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 06/12/06, 21:11

[mode includes everything wrong = on]
Great idea from the obituary laboratory to see the life of the bulbs.
[mode includes everything wrong = off]

yes I know -1 : Mrgreen:
0 x

price
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Algeria laboratories - Studies and layout

by price » 23/02/09, 09:58

visit http://www.labdreco.org or : Arrow: http://www.tripodemobilier.com economic and environmental law laboratory. materials Studies and layout of laboratories.
: Arrowl:
0 x

Back to "econological Laboratory: different experiences for econologic"