Do you plant lettuce?

Organize and arrange your garden and vegetable garden: ornamental, landscape, wild garden, materials, fruits and vegetables, vegetable garden, natural fertilizers, shelters, pools or natural swimming pool. lifetime plants and crops in your garden.
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Do you plant lettuce?

by Cuicui » 21/03/11, 23:09

View:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3oexs ... e_creation

(edit ex-oceanic 22 / 03 / 2011-00h27: subject moved, nothing to do in fossil energies)
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 22/03/11, 02:07

This hydroponic system was developed here in Quebec!

Culture technique on mobile floats

The success of the company is based on the development and development of a unique hydroponics system called the mobile float culture technique.

This technology was developed by the leaders of Mirabel in the 1980 years to find a way to grow leafy vegetables hydroponics and expand the range of hydroponic products offered and represented by tomato, cucumber, or pepper.

Mobile floatation is certainly the best performing hydroponic system. It produces four times more than all other traditional farming methods. This type of greenhouse crop uses a much smaller area than is required for similar field crop production.

It uses a large volume of water as a huge buffer for fertilization and oxygen control, and allows the internal transport of plants on floats. For the sake of water protection, Mirabel has developed a system that recovers water from each harvest, year after year, for reuse. Only water lost through evapotranspiration requires replacement.

Here are some pictures showing the different stages of production:

http://www.mirabel.qc.com/php/fr/hydro_flotteurs.php

The original video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA45WUmsCSI
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 22/03/11, 02:33

We also have "anti-rejection nuke" greenhouse tomatoes!

http://www.savoura.com/fr/section02c6.html

204 000 kg of tomatoes a week, winter and summer!

Own clean clean!

No contamination, no rejection of fertilizers washed by the rain and especially no nuke cloud that falls on it!

In addition to tomatoes like lettuce are delicious, not as much as mine but out of season they are unbeatable!

In short there are also Lebanese mini cucumbers which are exquisite because I have the chance to have these cucumber mixed in my seeds by mistake, very expensive unfortunately!

http://athome.kimvallee.com/2009/08/int ... y-savoura/
0 x

Alain
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 01/04/11, 11:28

Hello, hydroponics I know, aeroponics too, bubller, tide table, NFT system etc;) :) ,

take the fogger or mystmaker etc you will do aeroponics (method develloped by NASA for culture in space;) sisi).

The principle is simple: allow the plants to absorb a maximum of oxygen by the roots and therefore have a wet weight a can equal to the dry weight;), the only problem is the terroir there is no, it is the used angrais and tastes are pretty similar to the final
I think it's not like earth, do not dream. And tomatoes in winter is anything in every way
: Evil: Consumption at all levels, so imagined for greenhouses of several hectares like have here in Brittany, it's delirious to eat tomatoes in winter !!!!!!!!

The problem of the hydro or aero is the angrais that we put in it, and the AlainG a question, in your opinion how long does it make organic fertilizers are accepted in the hydroponic systems ??? it's all a mess with organic fertilizer because it takes a system of bacteria to reduce waste and allow assimilation plants (I summarize the story).

If I am not mistaken it is 4 years maximum that they exist. Tomato greenhouses all hydro it is much longer than they exist, ask the Dutch;), by cons how much uses natural angrais ??? not much in my opinion about prices and maintenance compared to chemical.

Finally to make hydro system is super simple not worth buying anything it's all overpriced compared to a home made;), and that works great. the fertilizer has to buy the there is no choice, as well as all the additives .This say there is also the test gear, EC meter Ph meter, thermometer are the minimum, have no more land but beautiful and good process above ground. if have no tester have changed water very regularly and hello wasted.

Now if you want to go further and get your culture space can grow on the walls and ceiling, or in a wheel: example

http://www.cultureindoor.com/bonzai-120-plantes.html

In the end I would say that the intensive farmer of now melts a kind of culture getting closer to the hydro but in their fields, they break so much the ground that it serves only just as carrier of fertilizer and more like substrate nouriisant : Shock:

This says it's fun to try the aeroponie is surprising, and to make the departure of culture or cuttings is great, because did not use fertilizer so to speak at these stage and suddenly the problems, and what speed, and the recovery after repotting in the ground is superb and fast.
And with organic fertilizer everything becomes pretty clean but it takes time management or money to have the machines that handle everything;).

see you
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 01/04/11, 14:34

When we have 100 billion earthlings, hack 23 found what it takes to save us 3250 €:
La inner surface of the cylinder is 3.14 times larger than the surface occupied by the cylinder.
For example, we obtain basil whose stem looks like bamboo. Tomatoes and peppers standing straight, without hanging or flexing and remaining firm during their rotation, seeming to defy gravity!

http://www.cultureindoor.com/bonzai-120-plantes.html
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 01/04/11, 14:36

hack

I assure you that these greenhouse products have an excellent taste compared to the imported crops and the freshness of the products is indisputable!

The fertilizer used is minimal and is not found in rivers as for cultivation in the ground!

The advantage for us here is the cost price which is lower than the imported crops which requires the bulk transport of oil which must also be under controlled temperature, the heating of the greenhouses is done in an ecological way for the majority, either in burning organic waste or extracting heat from the soil so dear to Dede.

The advantages are much higher than the disadvantages!

PS: Since 1980 it's still 31 years!
0 x

Alain
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 01/04/11, 17:05

Strongly agree, and French farmers who complain on TV that it is no longer possible with the price of fuels to heat their greenhouses that explodes, would do well to use ecological methods to heat their greenhouses methods they seem not to know, to the point of abandoning their claws.

Especially since the climate is much sweeter.

The taste is a function of the ingredients and methods used, which can be ecological, innovative and modern.
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 01/04/11, 17:14

I would also add that the need for storage is kept to a minimum because the production that is constant is delivered directly to the hyper market!

Another ecological advantage that results in energy savings!
0 x

Alain
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 01/04/11, 20:37

Ben tasted a tomato of the ground well made with love and respect and you will find that your tomato of greenhouse hydro is fadasse;), edible and better than other certe but fadace. Takes an old variety with more flesh than pulp, a crime black for example, mmmm it does not flow in the assiete it's fruity it's sweet and sweet.

In hydro you will be fine doing what you want you will not have the terroir :) Even though I agree that some mix of fertilizers are better than others and melts the taste.
On the other hand with this story of terroir what I noticed (because I did a little hydro;) and aero, and back to the earth there's nothing like) is that the tastes are the in hydro, but not the subtlety of tastes, you have the shape and part of the bottom but not the nuances that melts everything.

Finally I also understand that it is better a tomato hydro of the best bill rather than a low quality.
So I do not hit the hydro even if it's a lot of energy spent, but I still say that in comparison the land is not better, on all points of view.

As for the heating of the greenhouses, and Dedelco is watching the report of "a local solution for a global problem of greenhouse hill" you will understand that it is no longer the farmer who runs but the bank and the industrialist unfortunately. 'school I do not know if they are still learning this kind of culture.

good evening see you later
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 01/04/11, 22:25

Local Solutions for Coline Serreau Global Disorder

http://fr.ekopedia.org/Solutions_locale ... dre_global
http://www.solutionslocales-lefilm.com/accueil

responds with farmers coming out of the traps set by the globalized industry:
"Alumni and catastrophe films have been shot. They have had their usefulness, but now it is necessary to show that there are solutions, to make listen the reflections of the philosophers and economists, who, while explaining why our model of society got bogged down in the ecological, financial and political crisis that we know, invent and experiment with alternatives. "
With this film, I show that there are people all over the world who, without knowing each other, do the same thing, have the same philosophy of life and the same practices towards the nourishing earth. Highlighting this universality of solutions, as much as their simplicity, was really the goal of the movie
- Coline Serreau

and they can learn outside the school, by themselves, solutions where they do not spend more than they earn, always on the tightrope with the industrialists who exploit them.

On C in the air tonight on the A5 with the title info or intox food, or low cost = holocaust, on junk food, in addition, they presented reports on farmers sick and dead phytosanitary treatments poisons, which begin to understand that this is the death of farmers well before that of consumers.
I think that their own survival, physical and economic, pushes them towards organic and efficient and equitable energy solutions.

The storage of summer heat underground for winter is to be applied first for greenhouses currently heated.
Especially that much less than 20 ° C is enough, and that market gardeners are often on good deep alluvial land where the auger drilling is very easy and so we must let them know this solution, at least to reduce the bill of heating .

This perpetual solar solution has been neglected and ignored for far too long.
0 x

Back to "Garden: landscaping, plants, garden, ponds and pools"