Pumping water from the river

Organize and arrange your garden and vegetable garden: ornamental, landscape, wild garden, materials, fruits and vegetables, vegetable garden, natural fertilizers, shelters, pools or natural swimming pool. lifetime plants and crops in your garden.
vendelinus
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic
posts: 9
Registration: 09/11/17, 12:20

Pumping water from the river




View vendelinus » 09/11/17, 13:48

Hello,

I will soon be in possession of a nice family garden along the river (5 meters).
The concern is that there is no gazebo or pump (well).
For the gazebo, I'll see, but for the water?

I tell myself that it would be logical to recover the water at the river. It is a fairly deep river. But it seems a little perilous to recover the water directly from the watering can.

Does somebody have an idea ? Knowing that this is a public place and that I certainly do not have the right to dig an irrigation canal.
I was thinking of a well, winch or pump system.

Note that there is no electricity. I saw the ram pump system, but another constraint is that I could not leave the pump in place. I'll have to remove it every time I leave. And the distance in the river and the garden does not seem sufficient.

If you have ideas, I'm interested. I heard about 12v pump. It is powered how (for memory, no electricity on site)? the flow would be enough?

Thank you in advance.
0 x
temte056
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic
posts: 2
Registration: 09/11/17, 16:37

Re: Pump water from the river




View temte056 » 09/11/17, 16:44

You will find a way here: www.cipcsp.com/addresses/adduction_ ... tick.html, for the power supply, the solar is suitable. good luck
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert
posts: 10077
Registration: 31/10/16, 18:51
Location: Lower Normandy
x 2835

Re: Pump water from the river




View sicetaitsimple » 09/11/17, 18:17

If you are on a river you must have a very shallow water table, I think.

A very shallow hole in your garden and a hand pump that would not go?
2 x
vendelinus
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic
posts: 9
Registration: 09/11/17, 12:20

Re: Pump water from the river




View vendelinus » 21/11/17, 14:34

temte056 wrote:You will find a way here: http://www.cipcsp.com/destinataires/add ... tique.html, for the power supply, the solar is suitable. good luck


Thanks a lot for the answer, I'm still searching everywhere ...

I saw motor pumps, but in essence, it does not seem very green. Not to mention the noise.

A pump powered by solar, it would really be the perfect solution.
I saw the technical features on the site, 0,5 m3 per hour, it would sufirait me. But where to find this kind of pump? What is it called?
the solar kit is bought separately? I could plug either solar or a classic battery 12v?

Thank you
0 x
vendelinus
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic
posts: 9
Registration: 09/11/17, 12:20

Re: Pump water from the river




View vendelinus » 21/11/17, 14:36

sicetaitsimple wrote:If you are on a river you must have a very shallow water table, I think.

A very shallow hole in your garden and a hand pump that would not go?


Yes, it would be fine.
But how does it work for drilling? I have to go through a specialized company or it's all on my own. Because if I go through a company, I feel it can cost me an arm. For the hand pump, I have already spotted several for not very expensive.
It's the price of drilling that worries me. Unless I can do it myself.

What do you think ?
0 x
Bardal
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!
posts: 509
Registration: 01/07/16, 10:41
Location: 56 and 45
x 198

Re: Pump water from the river




View Bardal » 21/11/17, 18:21

There are several solutions to solve your problem, if the level of the river is not too low compared to your garden:

- drawing water from a river to water your garden (or any other use) is not entirely legal; it is even completely prohibited by the law on water; but for very sporadic and very moderate use, it is often tolerated ... In this case, a vulgar 12 V pump (as shown above), connected to a strainer-valve pipe going to the river, will suffice to your needs; it's easy to set up, simple to set up and store, and not too expensive; it can - very simply - be powered by the battery of your automobile (2 hours of pumping = less than a quarter of the capacity of your battery), or by a photovoltaic panel of around one hundred Watts (but suddenly, this 'is limited to sunny days, and it's much less easy to move). If the thing seems too complicated, or too "mechanical", a simple hand pump will do the same job at the cost of a lot of elbow grease ...

- a well or a borehole will find the water at approximately the level of the river. A "borehole" peak is within the reach of an amateur (it is a steel pipe pierced with holes and provided with a point), and will receive either a hand pump or an electric pump. A drilled well is possible to dig by an amateur if the water is not deep (2 or 3 meters), but if you prefer, two hours of backhoe loader will not cost you a fortune; a well allows a pump (electric or manual) and a bucket, and it has an indefinable charm ... But it's more work ...

We stay there in not too expensive solutions and within the reach of a brave amateur ...
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert
posts: 10077
Registration: 31/10/16, 18:51
Location: Lower Normandy
x 2835

Re: Pump water from the river




View sicetaitsimple » 21/11/17, 18:38

vendelinus wrote:
sicetaitsimple wrote:If you are on a river you must have a very shallow water table, I think.

A very shallow hole in your garden and a hand pump that would not go?


Yes, it would be fine.
But how does it work for drilling? I have to go through a specialized company or it's all on my own. Because if I go through a company, I feel it can cost me an arm. For the hand pump, I have already spotted several for not very expensive.
It's the price of drilling that worries me. Unless I can do it myself.

What do you think ?


No personal experience. If you type "drilling price" on your search engine, you will find indications of 50 € to 100 € to the meter, but I suppose that there is a "minimum price" of the operation linked to the fixed costs of supply of the machine etc ... even if the drilling is ultimately only 3 or 4m.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert
posts: 12323
Registration: 25/02/08, 18:54
Location: Burgundy
x 2991

Re: Pump water from the river




View Ahmed » 21/11/17, 19:56

Digging a well by hand is not an extraordinary undertaking, especially if the water level is near. In addition to depth, the other factor to consider is obviously the nature of the soil. Beware of alluvial sands (strikes), frequent near watercourses: they are easy to dig, but are very easily and without warning; it is therefore imperative in this case to bus as and when (the nozzles go down by their own weight). It is preferable to use 100 nozzles of diameter, because it is possible to work with tools with shortened handles (the other standard being the nozzle of 80 cm diameter).
There is an alternative to "peak" drilling: with a hand auger equipped with extensions, it is possible to install a PVC pipe to pass the pipe and the drawing strainer. This system works well in a well-fed water table, as is probably your case.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
vendelinus
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic
posts: 9
Registration: 09/11/17, 12:20

Re: Pump water from the river




View vendelinus » 22/11/17, 12:00

Ahmed wrote:Digging a well by hand is not an extraordinary undertaking, especially if the water level is near. In addition to depth, the other factor to consider is obviously the nature of the soil. Beware of alluvial sands (strikes), frequent near watercourses: they are easy to dig, but are very easily and without warning; it is therefore imperative in this case to bus as and when (the nozzles go down by their own weight). It is preferable to use 100 nozzles of diameter, because it is possible to work with tools with shortened handles (the other standard being the nozzle of 80 cm diameter).
There is an alternative to "peak" drilling: with a hand auger equipped with extensions, it is possible to install a PVC pipe to pass the pipe and the drawing strainer. This system works well in a well-fed water table, as is probably your case.


Thank you very much for the answer,
I have looked everywhere, already to understand the vocabulary.
I think I understood the principle of the picket well. But looking at the various classic DIY sites, I can not find the pipes with strainers, nor the heads of turkish (or head of strikes). It will be necessary that I go to see on the spot, but for the parts, in general, it really does not seem to be given ... a galvanized tube of 50cm is already around 10 euros ...

In short, I wondered if it was not possible to connect a pipe directly into the hand pump and to put the other end into the river? there will be approximately between 4 and 10 pipemeter. Is it too long to pump by hand? I guess the longer the pipe, the harder it is to physically pump?
0 x
vendelinus
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic
posts: 9
Registration: 09/11/17, 12:20

Re: Pump water from the river




View vendelinus » 22/11/17, 12:02

sicetaitsimple wrote:
vendelinus wrote:
sicetaitsimple wrote:If you are on a river you must have a very shallow water table, I think.

A very shallow hole in your garden and a hand pump that would not go?


Yes, it would be fine.
But how does it work for drilling? I have to go through a specialized company or it's all on my own. Because if I go through a company, I feel it can cost me an arm. For the hand pump, I have already spotted several for not very expensive.
It's the price of drilling that worries me. Unless I can do it myself.

What do you think ?


No personal experience. If you type "drilling price" on your search engine, you will find indications of 50 € to 100 € to the meter, but I suppose that there is a "minimum price" of the operation linked to the fixed costs of supply of the machine etc ... even if the drilling is ultimately only 3 or 4m.


I asked a company, it's between 1000 and 3000 euros ...
and we wonder why the French economy is not going well ...
0 x

 


  • Similar topics
    Replies
    views
    Last message

Back to "Garden: landscaping, plants, garden, ponds and pools"

Who is online ?

Users browsing this forum : No registered users and 133 guests