Biodiversity: 3 dead birds in 4 days in the garden ...

Organize and arrange your garden and vegetable garden: ornamental, landscape, wild garden, materials, fruits and vegetables, vegetable garden, natural fertilizers, shelters, pools or natural swimming pool. lifetime plants and crops in your garden.
Christophe

Biodiversity: 3 dead birds in 4 days in the garden ...

View Christophe » 07/10/10, 13:30

We found 3 dead birds in the same place (radius of 3m) of the garden in the space of 4 days : Cry: : Cry:

It never happened so I'm wondering about the origin and our possible liability? :| :|

There was a sparrow, a chickadee and this morning a robin ... so it is not specific to a species ... it is very close to the place where we put our feeders in previous years (so there there is passage).

As we already had a few days of very bad weather and cold, I had already put 2 balls of fat from last year, they were pecked ... especially by the red throat that I had seen on it a few years ago days...

Do you think this could be the cause? (indigestion, too many calories, expired or contaminated balls ... ???). I removed the balls for safety ...

If not what could be the reason for this hecatomb? What to do? :?
0 x
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

View nonoLeRobot » 07/10/10, 13:40

No idea but still be careful not to touch them.

We talk about it more, we talked about it too much, but avian flu has neither completely invaded the planet (as we were afraid of a few years ago), nor completely disappeared today so we never know.
0 x
clasou
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

View clasou » 07/10/10, 13:59

Hello Christopher,
I think animals do not have our stupidity (indigestion, too many calories). He manages according to their future temporal need.

On the other hand, the composition of the balls means that I will rather look for or for a mold or expired. Are they labeled.

a + claude
0 x
tigrou_838
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

biodiversity

View tigrou_838 » 07/10/10, 14:02

Hello,

wouldn't it be cats?

my cat knows exactly where I put the balls and the seeds for the birds, and I was obliged to mount the manger on a large stake 2 meters from the ground with nothing around, to prevent it from catching them and them take you back to the terrace.
0 x
Christophe

Re: biodiversity

View Christophe » 07/10/10, 14:06

nonoLeRobot wrote:No idea but still be careful not to touch them.

Well the cat has already eaten the first 2 ... and I touched the cat!

nonoLeRobot wrote:We talk about it more, we talked about it too much, but avian flu has neither completely invaded the planet (as we were afraid of a few years ago), nor completely disappeared today so we never know.

Houla not thought of that ... do you really think it could be that?

Well, I will check if there is an expiration date on the balls ... and buy others ...

If it's the flu it won't stop despite the change of the balls, we'll be fine ... : Shock:

tigrou_838 wrote:Hello,

wouldn't it be cats?

my cat knows exactly where I put the balls and the seeds for the birds, and I was obliged to mount the manger on a large stake 2 meters from the ground with nothing around, to prevent it from catching them and them take you back to the terrace.

I thought about it (just like the shock on the bay windows but 3 in 4 days is too much!) But impossible because the red throat this morning was on the balcony where the cats never go ...

In addition our cats when they hunt, they eat ... except shrews and moles I do not know why (moles it is very rare, 1 only I believe in 3 years to 2 hunters).

Besides, the cat that ate the first 2 found them at the same time as me ...
0 x
tigrou_838
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

biodiversity

View tigrou_838 » 07/10/10, 14:13

you know my cat, it does not bother him to go up everywhere, sometimes he is on the roof when I come home from work, waiting for the passage of birds to do this one more meal.

in addition to that, he also brings back voles and moles.

sometimes he eats them, sometimes he brings them back to the door and makes big miaouuuuuuu miaouuuuuu look what I catch for you my master jeans. : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

and now I hope you will give me a good piece of salmon paté, you know the one I like, miaouuu miaouuu : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

View Christophe » 07/10/10, 14:28

Christophe wrote:If it's the flu it won't stop despite the change of the balls, we'll be fine ... : Shock:

And above all other people should see the same thing ...

Well I checked the expiration date: there is a 04/2010 ... so it is out of date but from there to kill the birds?

Well, I'm going to put everything in the stream, so that at least the trout will benefit from it ... but hey I'm still not convinced that it is that ...

Also I moved the red throat this morning, there was a trace of blood under his skull ... so did he catch the bay window of the balcony or is it the consequence of a fall due to discomfort?

Hard to decide ... in any case it does not explain the 3 dead so fast ...
0 x
Flytox

View Flytox » 10/10/10, 20:28

Christophe wrote:Well I checked the expiration date: there is a 04/2010 ... so it is out of date but from there to kill the birds?

Well, I'm going to put everything in the stream, so that at least the trout will benefit from it ... but hey I'm still not convinced that it is that ...

I do not understand .... :frown: If a more or less toxic product is contained in your fat pellets that you give to birds, their corpses can be the same toxicity ... and now you are going to poison the fish ???
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Christophe

View Christophe » 11/10/10, 09:08

For the corpses the cats took care of it.

For trout, assuming that the balls are "highly toxic" which is already very unlikely anyway, the sensitivity of a 1kg fish is not the same as a 10g piaf if?

In any case, there are no more corpses since I removed the balls ... we will see if they come back when I give new balls ...
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

View dedeleco » 11/10/10, 14:11

info:
Chocolate is toxic to carnivores, dogs and cats !!!
I learned it recently !!!!
http://www.maison-facile.com/014article ... sp?num=605
http://www.polyvet.com/5bulletin/intoxi ... ocolat.htm
http://www.hillspet.fr/Dog/Adult/Health ... -dogs.aspx
http://forum.doctissimo.fr/animaux/Chie ... 8657_1.htm
http://www.polytrans.fr/actualites/dang ... 18-93.html

Good to know !!

Cats are insensitive to sugar but not dogs !!!

Thanks Google :
http://www.google.fr/search?client=fire ... =&gs_rfai=

The alkaloid stimulates our brain to us but hurts that of dogs !!
0 x

Back to "Garden: landscaping, plants, garden, ponds and pools"