Biodiversity: 3 dead birds in 4 days in the garden ...

Organize and arrange your garden and vegetable garden: ornamental, landscape, wild garden, materials, fruits and vegetables, vegetable garden, natural fertilizers, shelters, pools or natural swimming pool. lifetime plants and crops in your garden.
Christophe

View Christophe » 11/10/10, 14:18

What does this have to do with the groundhog? : Shock:
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

View dedeleco » 11/10/10, 16:28

The subject is birds, cats, and dead animals, and therefore chocolate can kill animals, cats, dogs and I don't know about carnivorous birds ?????
May be useful to know if we ignore like me ????
0 x
Christophe

View Christophe » 05/01/11, 11:06

A 4th dead bird (sitelle therefore quite rare) was found in mid December in the same place.

The most plausible explanation: a priori it is the "glazed" balcony in which they would run and kill themselves. So "theft" accident. The windows are however tinted and far from clean ...

Questions: why haven't we seen anything before? why so many accidents in such a short time?

I obviously revive this subject following the news: https://www.econologie.com/forums/pluie-d-oi ... 10328.html
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

View Macro » 05/01/11, 11:25

There are stickers to put on the windows (representing a raptor bird) which would avoid these worries ...
0 x
Christophe

View Christophe » 05/01/11, 11:29

Yes, I thought I would put tape on it ... or smear the balcony windows a little more ...
0 x
navel
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

View navel » 05/01/11, 11:33

If there was blood behind the head of a bird, I would prefer a cat. I do not think that a bird could be injured as seriously by rushing on a window. Maybe he knocks out and then becomes easier prey for a cat?

And then cats have a pretty good instinct. Would they eat sick or poisoned bird carcasses? I have already seen tits caught by a cat: whole, but dying, a few drops of blood on the head. And once dead, they don't play with it anymore, and can leave it for several hours before eating it ...
0 x
Christophe

View Christophe » 05/01/11, 11:36

Yes but no because:

a) the bird with the spot was on the balcony where the cats do not have access

b) our cats eat (generally) what they kill (except mole and 1 kind of shrew)

c) completely for instinct
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

View Macro » 05/01/11, 11:39

The one in which they come most to spit at my place is oriented to the east and as we have no curtains from 14pm we can see the sun in those facing south. it's always the least clean (because Mamita is afraid to do it and she is above the door of my workshop where there are smoke experiments : Mrgreen: )

0 x
navel
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

View navel » 05/01/11, 11:43

We could quibble endlessly, send a team of experts on site to the next dead bird. Like, by the way, aren't there many of these teams in the states? : Cheesy:

You could say that the dying bird has taken refuge on this terrace, or that cats are more agile than you think.

You could say that your cats do not always eat their prey immediately. In any case, I know some who stop playing with it once it is really dead, but do not forget it completely. Apart from the shrews of course. Never understood why they kill them but don't eat them, those?
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

View Macro » 05/01/11, 11:45

navel wrote:If there was blood behind the head of a bird, I would prefer a cat. I do not think that a bird could be injured as seriously by rushing on a window. Maybe he knocks out and then becomes easier prey for a cat?

No they kill themselves by spitting in the windows it is safe and certain. A robin was killed in front of me a few weeks ago and even a dove
[quote = "navel
And then cats have a pretty good instinct. Would they eat sick or poisoned bird carcasses? .. [/ quote]

An old farm or country cat raised the hard way will not even touch it. It is a hunter not a scavenger. Cats from current pet stores fed on sheba ... I don't know ...
0 x

Back to "Garden: landscaping, plants, garden, ponds and pools"