Sharp Bi-Sided 540W Solar Panels

Innovations, ideas or patents for sustainable development. Decrease in energy consumption, reduction of pollution, improvement of yields or processes ... Myths or reality about inventions of the past or the future: the inventions of Tesla, Newman, Perendev, Galey, Bearden, cold fusion ...
jean.caissepas
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Sharp Bi-Sided 540W Solar Panels

by jean.caissepas » 27/04/22, 16:28

An improvement of the existing in terms of performance and durability!

Sharp has announced the launch of a new bifacial monocrystalline silicon half-cell photovoltaic module. This new panel — the NB-JD540 — has a power of 540 W. Intended for commercial and public solar power plants, this module offers a lower levelized cost of electricity (LCOE), and a better return on investment.

Depending on on-site conditions, bifacial technology can improve the power output of solar panels by up to 25%.

Full article here: https://www.enerzine.com/sharp-lance-un ... 96-2022-04
0 x
Past habits must change,
because the future must not die.
Christophe

Re: Sharp Bi-sided 540W Solar Panels

by Christophe » 27/04/22, 16:34

I installed 440W bifacials (including 70W bifacial) with 23,3% efficiency a few months ago on my EAST-facing greenhouse in addition to a SOUTH-facing polycrystalline string...

They have already evolved because they have moved to 450W according to the data: https://www.alma-solarshop.fr/panneau-i ... arent.html

It is clear that they produce better, especially in the diffuse, than my "single-sided" polycrystalline...

Here is a photo during the installation (I am certainly the only photovoltaic "installer" who works in the snow...):

solar_greenhouse.jpg
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 27/04/22, 19:07

1 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 27/04/22, 21:09

Christophe wrote:I installed 440W bifacials (including 70W bifacial) with 23,3% efficiency a few months ago on my EAST-facing greenhouse in addition to a SOUTH-facing polycrystalline string...

Very well! But I have a question?
In another thread, we had discussed some time ago the famous Belgian "magic" storage, the "counter that runs backwards".
And I think I remember that with your previous installation, you roughly balanced solar production and consumption over the year more or less.
With these few additional 2kWp (5 panels of just over 400Wp), you will become surplus in production, unless your consumption has also changed.
What's the explanation? Have you changed the type of electricity purchase/sale contract?
0 x

Go back to "Innovations, inventions, patents and ideas for sustainable development"