Chemists changing carbon dioxide into hydrocarbons

Innovations, ideas or patents for sustainable development. Decrease in energy consumption, reduction of pollution, improvement of yields or processes ... Myths or reality about inventions of the past or the future: the inventions of Tesla, Newman, Perendev, Galey, Bearden, cold fusion ...
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 17/06/10, 05:41

The controversy surrounding the various greenhouse gases is due to the fact that neither methane nor water vapor are "acidifiers" of the environment.

Co2 yes ... And the consequences of the acidification of the natural environment are very serious. More serious than the warming itself. Since the increase in this acidification would reduce the ability of the environment to recycle this gas in the natural cycle. Even the health of humans and all mammals could be threatened by what would become a veritable scourge once the point of no return is reached!

This is why it is targeted, even though the proportion of this gas resulting from human activity could be considered negligible compared to the proportion present "naturally" compared to that of methane from the same origin. .
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 17/06/10, 21:50

hi Obamot :D

any info is good to take
how does CO2 acidify the environment
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/06/10, 21:56

Capt_Maloche wrote:how does CO2 acidify the environment

Hi maloche

Beginning of explanations here (messages from Bucheron)
https://www.econologie.com/forums/co2-dans-l ... 72-30.html
0 x
FPLM
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by FPLM » 23/06/10, 14:58

Totally agree with lumberjack on the solubility of CO2 and the acidification of water.
Small flat, however. In his explanation, by misinterpreting, one could believe that the (global) warming of the waters would be enough not to vary the ph too much. However, the measurements made of this ph (in certain areas, therefore local T ° sometimes very far from the average) show levels of acidity dense enough to "eat away" the calcareous protections of crustaceans and corals, causing a "fault". "in the food chain and therefore also a slowed down recycling of dissolved CO2. (phew, I'm done)
In addition, atmospheric pollution of particles in the upper atmosphere generates a filter, or rather a mirror, reducing the solar radiation on the surface by 20%.
The temperature of the water is therefore not high enough to slow the dissolution of the CO2.
Worse, under this mirror, the clouds are cooled and absorb more CO2, which acidifies the water on the ground a little more.
Being a primordial molecule, because one of the pillars on which the natural balance of the planet was based, its inadequate dosage (too much or too little) is likely to shake the whole structure. That said without wanting to freak you out for free.
I also agree with Capt_maloche, solar activity and earth-sun interaction is the starting point for the complex chemical and thermal regulation of the globe. Well-known cosmic rays are certainly not missing from the equation either. And what do I still know ...
All this to say that wisdom so much to think that it is better to put things right.
Assuming that the last nag on earth is able to understand: "Uh, don't you understand, did that work before?"
"Well if you want it to work, put everything back as before and think about it a few more centuries."
(Let us not be angry, this thought is addressed to the geniuses of any hair which dreams of being in the skin of Bruce Willis because their shabby life of sheep of panurge do not bring to them that frustration and disgust).

PS: sorry to be so long but I am a lover of science and it bothers me that this discipline thus loses its titles of nobility. She has become a pu ** and her mac is the money. It disgusts me. : Evil:
0 x
"If you are not careful, the newspapers will eventually make you hate the oppressed and the oppressors worship. "
Malcolm X