RCV engine

Innovations, ideas or patents for sustainable development. Decrease in energy consumption, reduction of pollution, improvement of yields or processes ... Myths or reality about inventions of the past or the future: the inventions of Tesla, Newman, Perendev, Galey, Bearden, cold fusion ...
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

RCV engine

by abyssin3 » 06/09/06, 12:09

it's here :

http://quanthomme.free.fr/energieencore/carnet27.htm

It's a bit between the wankel and the cylindrical piston engine.
0 x
PITMIX
Pantone engine Researcher

by PITMIX » 06/09/06, 12:30

Hello
Superb this engine, another idea dating from the Second World War. It's incredible everything has already been invented.
Are there any figures for this engine?
0 x
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 06/09/06, 14:03

No, I have not seen any on this site, but the site of those who manufacture it may be:
http://www.rcvengines.com/pdf_files/pr/ ... -feb06.pdf
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 06/09/06, 14:33

from what I understood from the diagrams and explanations, it is the cylinder itself which turns.
Does the valve also rotate?
If yes, backwards from the cylinder?

It must still pose some sealing problems, right?
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 06/09/06, 19:19

PITMIX wrote:Hello
Superb this engine, another idea dating from the Second World War. It's incredible everything has already been invented.
Are there any figures for this engine?
I rummaged around a bit on this engine in the spring and found this: RCV docs
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 06/09/06, 22:01

in fact, it is not the "systems" that are lacking

that's right when we look at the number of engine systems that have been developed and used for aviation and which we compare to the history of the automobile engine, we are entitled to ask questions.
the real good question to ask is: but why do we continue to produce 4-stroke with overhead camshaft with or without rocker arms? (for once let's stop talking about lobbying, please)

I have a tender memory of having driven a Bedford van, without valve (with intake slides), one solution among many ...
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 06/09/06, 22:38

I recently discussed this with René (René's notebooks on Quanthomme) ...

It is indeed an old principle that made the glory of the Panhard & Levassor brand during the interwar period. I am talking about SS engines (Without Valves). The principle is that of the admission and the exhaust of gases through lights, as in 2 times. The difference in 2 steps is that each light must close alternately according to the Beau de Rochas cycle. Panhard used for this oscillating liners interposed between the piston and the fixed liners of the engine.
The oscillating shirts were driven by a specific Villebrequin itself driven by the main Villebrequin.
The main advantage; THE SILENCE. These engines emitted no rattling, one of the most prestigious customers was the King of Morocco.
Drawbacks ; Low compression, otherwise the liners would be deformed (the quality of steels has since evolved) therefore "average" efficiency and higher consumption than conventional engines. peculiarity, the engine consumed oil and left a "light blue plume in its wake". :?

The Musée des Arts et Métiers in Paris had a "flayed" Panhard engine on display. Is this still the case?
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 06/09/06, 23:09

Hello
I just think that the engine as we know it today is the most profitable industrially and simply the most reliable. If so many technologies have been tested and we have stayed with this solution it may be because it is the best. Or at least the one with the most benefits.
Current engines come from a sort of "natural industrial selection".
Darwino-mechanical evolution : Cheesy:
0 x
Other

by Other » 07/09/06, 07:36

Hello
The knigth panhard engine came at a time most of the engines had side valves and it was a big gain for the filling is a compact combustion chamber. Then it is generalized the valves with tumbled head, and the ricardo and hemispherical chambers which would provide the same advantages with less parts to be machined is that allowed higher speeds, and higher compression rates.
then always to turn faster with the tumblers we are limited to the force of the valve springs and taken with the inertia of the pushers and rocker arm we enter the panic of the valves, for that we put the camshaft in the lead , the other problem, the important lubrication of the shaft has caused oil to pass through the valve guides. then for the faster motor a desmodromic valve control, (the valve and raised mechanically and a small spring makes the final pressure.)
the evolution of the engines is slow is careful, the principle of piston and cylinder crank and connecting rod dates from the first steam engines in 1800 for sealing we have not yet found it easier to build and with the current materials we have arrived at interesting longevity, the oldest on the forum must remember, the short life of the engines they had to do valve laps, change the shirts twice in the life of a car, the duration of the connecting rods to monitor, now all that is forgotten, there are here who never changes the oil, he added, he made 60 km and he sold the tank (poor buyer)

Andre
0 x
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 07/09/06, 18:33

On the other hand, on this type of engine, the compression ratio is stable, since there is no rise in the cylinder. Maybe that's what is causing the power gain at high speed?
In any case, it makes it impossible to adapt to a diesel engine.
0 x