Inventions in energy and interests of the state

Innovations, ideas or patents for sustainable development. Decrease in energy consumption, reduction of pollution, improvement of yields or processes ... Myths or reality about inventions of the past or the future: the inventions of Tesla, Newman, Perendev, Galey, Bearden, cold fusion ...
moums
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Inventions in energy and interests of the state

by moums » 31/08/07, 12:49

Hi everybody!
If someone files a patent for an "autonomous electricity generator" a device that would generate electricity without needing fuel, the force of the wind, or the force of water ( dam) etc ... in short, a device that would work by itself in a truly autonomous way I would like to know what the reaction of the state would be because in the long term it (the state) would lose a lot, I am thinking of taxes on oil, gas etc ... (several million euros if not billions of euros per year).

I would like to have your reactions on this subject.

moums
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 31/08/07, 12:53

Pressure from the State ...

This is the argument advanced by many inventors who believe they have found perpetual motion (because this is what it is at least in a macroscopic way) ... only voila: it does not hold because the State can always find "new" taxes ... which tax the km traveled by a vehicle or multiply the VAT by 2. Everything is feasible ... and the argument is not admissible.

Oil tankers, gas and coal sellers, on the other hand, would have much to lose ...
0 x
moums
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by moums » 31/08/07, 13:30

Christophe wrote:Pressure from the State ...

This is the argument advanced by many inventors who believe they have found perpetual motion (because this is what it is at least in a macroscopic way) ... only voila: it does not hold because the State can always find "new" taxes ... which tax the km traveled by a vehicle or multiply the VAT by 2. Everything is feasible ... and the argument is not admissible.

Oil tankers, gas and coal sellers, on the other hand, would have much to lose ...

Hi Christophe! and thank you for your quick response.

I agree with you, but the problem is that it would take a lot of tax to compensate for this shortfall and the pill would be a little too big to swallow in my opinion.

in 2006 the tipp reported around 20 billion euros to the state, or 7,53% of the state's net tax revenue
Gasoline is taxed at 74% and diesel at 67%.

moums
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 31/08/07, 13:38

Yes, but you have to put it in perspective: take your 2006 tax sheet and you will see that ICT / TIPP represent roughly 15% of VAT receipts.

Here are the exact 2006 figures (see declaration):

VAT: 125,7 Billion €
TIPP (funny they still call it TIPP ... when it became ICT in 2005 I think): € 19,3 billion

Which means that the VAT should be increased by "barely" 15% (relative not absolute eh!) or go to a VAT of around 22,5% to compensate for the losses of 100% of the TIPP ...

On the other hand if oil consumption would drop for an X or Y reason, it would make more sense to increase the TIPP precisely and economically it's much better :)
0 x
moums
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by moums » 31/08/07, 13:51

if it is enough to pass the VAT to 22,5% to compensate for the losses of 100% of the TIPP then I completely agree with you.

and you are right when you say that the oil, gas or coal seller, on the other hand, would have much more to lose.
0 x

Go back to "Innovations, inventions, patents and ideas for sustainable development"