For those who want to think a bit ... amazing machine

Innovations, ideas or patents for sustainable development. Decrease in energy consumption, reduction of pollution, improvement of yields or processes ... Myths or reality about inventions of the past or the future: the inventions of Tesla, Newman, Perendev, Galey, Bearden, cold fusion ...
Surfeurseb
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

For those who want to think a bit ... amazing machine

by Surfeurseb » 24/11/08, 21:44

Hello,

I cannot resist the temptation to submit to you a particular "invention", the operation of which does not convince the crowds!

This is a wind tank with a propeller instead of a sail.
so far, nothing complicated.

the problem if ç'en is one, is that this machine moves faster than the wind, live downwind!

Two videos show:

on the road:

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=aJpdWHFqHm0

and a pilot project:

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=Vjt6G8D4x0k

Warning! In any case there is no question of energy quickly, magnets, surunité, what is that çe esoteric!
This is not the machine that will save the world and make it rain rolls in Africa.

No, it's just a technological curiosity, which operates the physical (and mechanical) so very clever, leading to a craft which, pushed by a tail wind, can exceed the speed of the wind, in direct path!

What do you think?

PS: Christopher, if you think about it may have a place also does not hesitate to move
0 x
minguinhirigue
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by minguinhirigue » 25/11/08, 21:28

It's nice, and the sailors were well understood.
0 x
loop
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by loop » 25/11/08, 22:04

Hello

According to the shape of the blades of the propeller and its rotational direction is the forward movement which causes rotation and not the downwind!

I still do not understand how the wind would power the propeller to move the faster downwind float, whereas when the car ahead at the same speed, relative wind is zero.

A+
0 x
jam
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jam » 25/11/08, 22:24

According to videos, there is a mechanical link between the small wheels of the vehicle and the propeller. The machine advance turn the propeller pushing the gear that rotates the propeller that drives the craft that turns the propeller .................. :frown: :frown: :frown:
0 x
bpval
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by bpval » 26/11/08, 06:53

Hello

What I can not understand is how this machine (on the first video) manages to keep its course constantly to the left of the road :?: without going to feel the aisle.

But I see only two possibilities:

1) a very straight road ... finally right
and a non-chaotic wind, very constant right ...

2) a Capillo-towing with a fishing line for rainbow trout

Slanderer am ... or ignorant of the science of wind ????

A little shot to the front of the machine or against back-diving was souaitable to convince me.

Hello
0 x
PIF PAF POUM
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/11/08, 09:27

It would not be radio controlled?

But the 2nd video is more "convincing" in my opinion ...

But I do not see where the wind comes ... There's a ventillo?
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 26/11/08, 12:48

What do I think of it :

- In the first video (on the road), the direction is provided by remote actuating the front wheel. We can see the black blocks on the frame (receiver / servo / battery).

- I think that the propeller is coupled to the wheels. It is very clear on the second video. There are the wheels which drive the propeller.

- The propeller is necessarily propellant as a microlight. The wheels drive the propeller that drives the craft.

It seems plausible. Aircraft or microlight flying in the direction of the wind is going faster than the wind, otherwise its propeller would turn into space and negative or zero relative wind would make sure a beautiful bowl. I would say that this little device must ensure a balance between the running resistance and the propeller thrust. It must be just above the wind speed.

Really interesting.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/11/08, 13:04

Yes Rulian! It's interesting!

But my question remains: is there a fan on 2ieme video?
0 x
loop
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by loop » 26/11/08, 13:08

hi Rulian

Aircraft or microlight flying in the direction of the wind is going faster than the wind, otherwise its propeller would turn into space and negative or zero relative wind would make sure a beautiful mess

Yes aircraft should move in the air mass at a minimum speed for the lift, otherwise the stall.
The wind is only a relative effect of the displacement between the air mass and the Earth's surface.
Once in the air, the wind does not matter about the flying qualities.
For motor propeller is different, it rotates very quickly and is not influenced by the wind direction at the start. For proof, just know that a propeller plane to the ground can move in any direction, wind or not!
For takeoff and landing, however we chose the path that allows for the largest component of headwind. It is here in Ganges on the relative wind speed to reach.

To return to the 1ère video, it is clear that the wind has nothing to do with the movement of the machine. Maybe it just makes it easier to boot.

The second video, it looks like this is the inertia of the propeller that allows the machine to move upwind artificially created (fan or hair dryer) by a mechanical transmission to the wheels.

A+
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/11/08, 13:14

Well I think the comparison with a microlight aircraft in flight is not wise as energy is supplied by a motor (yes no kidding!) ...

Therefore looping you think there is a ventillo 2ieme on video?
0 x