Energy Transition, These Truths Disturbing!

Innovations, ideas or patents for sustainable development. Decrease in energy consumption, reduction of pollution, improvement of yields or processes ... Myths or reality about inventions of the past or the future: the inventions of Tesla, Newman, Perendev, Galey, Bearden, cold fusion ...
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Energetic Transition, These Truths Disturbing!

by sicetaitsimple » 05/06/19, 13:34

Christophe wrote:Uh, well, irony, it's going for a while, do not forget that there are some uninitiated who read this ... : Mrgreen:

My altruism will lose me!

I was just trying to imagine solutions for:
- the "few" quidams who for whatever reasons will have a hard time becoming prosumers ....
- and the prosumers, stockists and smart grid connected people who will still have a little trouble making ends meet in autumn winter ....
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 05/06/19, 14:01

Well, he has a very realistic vision of society, the disconnected policies, the bad directions taken by the rich countries in terms of energy. I completely adhere.

The title of his book is very well chosen, we see here that it has all its relevance.
We see that even here it bothers and it's not ironic. 8)

The wrong turn was made with the superphenix stop and does not seem to be around with dogmatism. :(
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/06/19, 15:18

sicetaitsimple wrote:- and the prosumers, stockists and smart grid connected people who will still have a little trouble making ends meet in autumn winter ....

a) The political answer

Again this is reasoning: ALL or NOTHING and regal ... type Polytechnic or Mines ...

If 80% of users' annual kWh were disconnected from the network and would be 100% from their own production RE directly or stored more or less locally? This with 0 gram of direct CO2 and 0 mg of nuclear waste.

Should we neglect this solution because of these extra 20%?

b) The technical answer

A little trouble on all (but EdF and his accomplices will do anything to make him believe ...) but it will require some adjustments of course!

Like banning resistive heating in times of "shortage" and adapting your consumption habits so that they stick to renewable energy production (the reverse of dual-hourly if we are talking about solar renewable energy ...) ...

With connected home automation it's possible!
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 05/06/19, 16:41

Christophe wrote:
sicetaitsimple wrote:- and the prosumers, stockists and smart grid connected people who will still have a little trouble making ends meet in autumn winter ....

a) The political answer

Again this is reasoning: ALL or NOTHING and regal ... type Polytechnic or Mines ...

If 80% of users' annual kWh were disconnected from the network and would be 100% from their own production RE directly or stored more or less locally? This with 0 gram of direct CO2 and 0 mg of nuclear waste.

Should we neglect this solution because of these extra 20%?

b) The technical answer

A little trouble on all (but EdF and his accomplices will do anything to make him believe ...) but it will require some adjustments of course!

Like banning resistive heating in times of "shortage" and adapting your consumption habits so that they stick to renewable energy production (the reverse of dual-hourly if we are talking about solar renewable energy ...) ...

With connected home automation it's possible!

What do you mean all or nothing? On the contrary, it seemed to me that I differentiated the users according to their capacity or not to be "prosumers". And even for those for whom it is possible, 80 (or 100%, I did not understand correctly) of self-production over the year with renewable energy, will have to be found examples that can be generalized.

As for "adapt your consumption habits so that they stick to renewable energy production" , it still has certain limits, except to live alone as a hermit.
0 x
viej
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by viej » 31/07/20, 12:26

Hello everybody
I'm writing an end-of-study thesis on the impact of digital on ecology, if you have 5min to answer my questionnaire, that would be of great help!
Thank you in advance :)
Link : https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... sp=sf_link
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 29/06/22, 02:45

“In a civilization where the manufacture of essential goods serves nearly 8 billion people, any transformation of production systems comes up against insurmountable constraints of scale.
Even though the supply of renewable energies (wind, solar, new biofuels) has increased impressively, multiplying by 50 in the first 20 years of the 87st century, the world's dependence on fossil fuels has not diminished. only marginally, going from 85 to XNUMX%.
Drastic measures going far beyond anything that could be reasonably envisaged and socially acceptable will show no tangible results for decades. »

The modern world runs on 80% of its energy from fossil fuels and four indispensable materials made exclusively from oil, coal and natural gas. These are cement, steel, plastic and ammonia (essential to produce nitrogen fertilizers).
If any of these materials were to run out, the global economy could collapse.

This is why the transition cannot be made in a few years and why reading Vaclav Smil's latest book is essential.
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 29/06/22, 20:33

I only retained'ECONOMY ...

Nothing else ....
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock: