ClimaVerna: suspension control, energy recovery

Innovations, ideas or patents for sustainable development. Decrease in energy consumption, reduction of pollution, improvement of yields or processes ... Myths or reality about inventions of the past or the future: the inventions of Tesla, Newman, Perendev, Galey, Bearden, cold fusion ...
Verna
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

ClimaVerna, response to dirk pitt

by Verna » 26/09/12, 08:42

Hello,

If you are interested in energy savings, and you really have the ability to do the "two or three table corner calculations", it would be nice if you do, because I don't have the ability. to do them.

If it's a question of money, tell me how much you want.

No one to date has helped me in my approach, and this information would be very useful to me.

If you could do them according to the configuration set out here: http://www.climaverna.com/compresseur28.htm it could be useful to the planet, you never know !!!!!!

Sincerely,

C. Verna
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 26/09/12, 10:24

course response on:

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taux_d%27amortissement

http://www.uel.education.fr/consultatio ... access.htm

http://melusine.eu.org/syracuse/immae/m ... que/04.pdf

http://res-nlp.univ-lemans.fr/NLP_E_M01 ... 04_05.html

https://www.google.fr/search?num=100&hl ... oIhfWhTZaM

In a simple way:
weight of the vehicle P = Mg equals the force working on the distance d of oscillation in height in the bumps (typical the cm max in train and less in TGV) gives the work Pd recovered at each oscillation repeated at the frequency f gives a max power to recover from Pu = Mgdf

It is therefore necessary to know the average amplitude of oscillation as a function of its frequency, which is called the vibration spectrum, to be measured, on very smooth roads or full of potholes !!
The most power is found in large amplitudes (because this is what shakes us the most) so if we take d = 1cm (max on the road but 10cm on the Paris Dakar) at f = 1 per second and M = 1 ton ('10 to 30 times more for truck and wagon) we obtain with g = 9,81m / s2 and all in m for watts:

Pu=1000x9,81x0,01x1=98,1Watts

it is a max, which is not reached because we cannot recover all the energy of each oscillation and therefore if we have 10W with the losses of the system, and the heating of the compressed gas, it is a max .

This can be measured with the temperature of the shock absorber after calibrating the heating power of the shock absorber with an electrical resistance with wind. (basic calorimetry)

For a truck it will be 10 times more than 100W, enough to cool a small cooler on a very chaotic road.

In the Paris Dakar, it will be 10 times full of stones !!

f
0 x
Verna
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Thanks to Dedeleco

by Verna » 26/09/12, 13:30

Hello,

Thank you for your answer if documented, at least, I will have some figures to present when I am asked on the subject !!!!!

Sincerely,

C. Verna
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 26/09/12, 15:09

dedeleco wrote:c if we have 10W with the losses of the system, and the heating of the compressed gas, it is a max.
To compare with the consumption of a car air conditioning which is of the order of kW :!:
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 26/09/12, 19:36

there is no miracle: a recovery of energy on the suspension of the car can only recover some of the power that the car loses on a bumpy road

on beautiful flat road there is absolutely nothing to recover from the suspension

an energy recovery on the suspension has already existed: I saw that on an old and big Mercedes with a Citroen style hydraulic rear suspension, except that the hydraulic suspension block is completely autonomous: it's the road cahos pumping the oil ... it worked well, but the power required to inflate a hydraulic suspension is very low ... it is rather the Citroen hydraulic pumps which are a bit bad and losing too much power to run constantly when the suspension needs nothing

on all-terrain vehicles like Paris Dakar, the power dissipated in the shock absorbers makes them heat very hard ... a few flaps and a hydraulic accumulator to recover this energy would not be stupid ... there would at least be enough to make the steering work and the brakes ... and disengage the hydraulic pump from the engine

but bof the best way to save energy in the dakar is not to do it

this system would be easy to do on citroen which have power steering with the same hydraulic circuit as the rest ... but in normal use the energy to be saved by this route is low
1 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 27/09/12, 13:07

chatelot16 wrote: ... it worked well, but the power necessary to inflate a hydraulic suspension is very low ... it is rather the Citroen hydraulic pumps which are a bit bad and losing too much power to run continuously when the suspension doesn’t need nothing

1 / What consumes the most energy is to deliver high pressure. Citroën HP pumps (like standard DA pumps) only force a very short time to restore the operating pressure in the circuit after consumption (braking, steering, etc.). On the first Citroëns, there were certainly more leaks in operation. They were due to machining, exceptional for the time, but which generated significant returns of leaks from the control drawers. For standard power steering, the pump will flow freely through the power rack open-center valve. The step before fully electric steering (without hydraulics) consisted of replacing the "open center" distributors with "closed centers" and interposing between the electro-hydraulic pump and the distributor a hydropneumatic accumulator which stores hydraulic energy under pressure. The electric pump only starts when the pressure drops (during a steering wheel).

2 / Since the C5, the pressure of the hydraulic circuit is supplied by an electric pump and stored in a hydropneumatic accumulator as on the first DS in 1955.
0 x
Remundo

Re: ClimaVerna: air conditioning eco-friendly vehicle

by Remundo » 12/06/17, 13:35

Remundo wrote:there have been several suspension concepts that recover some energy, but it's more of a gadget, especially on good roads.

I saw a recent article that Audi would prepare an energy recovery suspension. Called "e-rots", these would be rotary jacks.

What is interesting is that they give the orders of magnitude of the recoverable powers ... we are in the sixteenth ...

100W on a slightly uneven road, the maximum would be 600W on a very bumpy road ... and 3W (!!) on a "smooth" highway.
A link among others: http://news.autoplus.fr/Audi/Audi-Suspe ... 07569.html

Be aware that a cruising car (90-100 km / h) consumes 10 000 to 20 000 W. I let you calculate the possible gain.
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 12/06/17, 17:35

I discover. Let's just be "stupidly" logical: if the energy dissipated by a shock absorber was so important, it would flare up under the mudguards. On a "normal" car (I'm not talking about the Paris-Dakar cars) which has never seen even fins to dissipate the heat ???

Recoverable energy, assuming a 100% efficiency, would be this heat given off by the shock absorbers ... Slowing down to 10 km / h is surely much more efficient!
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 12/06/17, 18:07

The order of magnitude from 100 to 600 W is relevant. 100 to 600 W irregular does not heat much. Or the manufacturers of electric heaters lied to us ...
Neither the drums nor the discs burn either, and there we have KW.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 21/01/24, 14:54

Our little Chinese friends are developing an active suspension, a Clean Automobile article relates it

This suspension combines a hydraulic cylinder, a compressed air tank and an electric control.

It seems that the car reads obstacles in advance and that the actuators lift the wheel before the natural shock (conventional suspensions cushion a posteriori without reading the road)

If the system is not intrinsically designed to recover energy (as we mentioned, it is low), there is still a little regeneration which provides part of the energy necessary for the operation of the actuators .

The system seems particularly effective, see the videos:

I remember the much earlier BOSE suspensions which were of the same inspiration and already convincing:

1 x