Plastic bio-based Miscanthus: Biomiscanthus

Innovations, ideas or patents for sustainable development. Decrease in energy consumption, reduction of pollution, improvement of yields or processes ... Myths or reality about inventions of the past or the future: the inventions of Tesla, Newman, Perendev, Galey, Bearden, cold fusion ...
Christophe

Plastic bio-based Miscanthus: Biomiscanthus

by Christophe » 20/01/13, 10:11

In Mende (Lozère), a business manager has developed a "vegetable plastic" process with an astonishing plant, miscanthus.

His recipe is as secret as that of Coca-Cola. The inventor of this plant plastic 100% natural hopes that he will experience a destiny as rich as the global soft drink.

Currently present at the packaging show in Paris where he promotes it, René Marchal proudly announces, after 10 years of research, the launch of the production and commercialization of this unique bioplastic in France. Very promising, it is called Biomiscanthus.

"Lipstick tubes, sim cards, pens: he can do it all"

About ten tonnes have been produced, for the moment by a subcontractor, which serves as tests with the plastics industry. "This will very quickly make it possible to establish commercial relations and structure production", specifies René Marchal, helped in particular by the Languedoc-Roussillon region and Lozère Développement, which has already invested € 1,5 million.

What to begin the creation of a sector that could create many jobs

“Our process is competitive (it costs between € 2 and € 700 per tonne) as soon as a barrel of Brent reaches $ 3. And since the rise in oil is structurally more and more expensive ...” Project manager , Guillaume Lathuilière adds: "A 000% increase in oil means a finished product 80% more expensive ..."

Since the business incubator of Mende (Lozère) where the start-up is installed, René Marchal confides that he will open a production unit in 2014 Thieule.

This reed, nicknamed elephant grass, which, once transformed into granules and associated with cellulosic compounds, is able to replace and compete with traditional plastics from petrochemicals. Better: "This plant, the only second-generation bioplastic, 100% biodegradable and compostable, does not require any watering or toxic additives", adds its designer.

It has a big advantage: it is a non-food plant material that prevents resources such as corn, rapeseed, wheat or sugar cane from being diverted from their function.

"The process is a technological breakthrough that allows you to do everything, including tubes of lipstick, sim cards, pens and golf tees", enthuses René Marchal. The latter wants to quickly find industrial and financial partners to break into a global market of 600 tons of bioplastics annually and become a major player in the sector.

"Just cut and it grows back. And without water!"

"Just with the existing reed in France, we can meet the global needs of bioplastics: the yield is from the second year from 20 to 25 tons per hectare! And for 15 years, it is enough to cut and it grows back. And without water! " This reed is cultivated in Aquitaine and Picardy, in particular.

A program is under study to plant in the region.

Source: http://www.midilibre.fr/2012/11/23/un-r ... 599391.php
0 x
loopyng84
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by loopyng84 » 20/01/13, 10:33

not bad, we wait to see! me all that is "secret" m always worried a little !!!!!!!!!!!!
0 x
"we do not inherit the land from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children" St Exupéry
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 20/01/13, 20:30

Everyone knows here (but not Looping84, which is new!), how hostile I am to recycling, but here, create a self-destructing product, it's really the symbol of our mode of operation!
Making things for "cleenex" use ends up with piles of garbage, which is a problem, but this "genius" makes the garbage disappear, so the waste can continue!
Hat! This manufacturer has fully understood the concept of planned obsolescence!
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 20/01/13, 21:42

Ahmed, I do not understand your wrath.

This bio-technological advance seems very promising.
Frankly, I see a real benefit for us and the planet.
Finally when I say we, I hear the children of our children etc ...
But already at our level, it will give work to our farmers
as well as to processors for a product that would replace a
product equivalent but oh how polluting to start with its
production.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 20/01/13, 22:29

Ahmed, I do not understand your wrath.

The "organic" side of the operation allows you to move forward masked, which is why it seems to you that it is positive and that my position seems incomprehensible to you.

I do not have the pretension, nor the desire to reflect on your place; I just wish to tell you that the coherence of the parties is at the service of madness at all, that the mortifying mechanisms are justified by partial logic, truncated reasoning ... it's up to you to discover them!
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 20/01/13, 23:14

Ahmed wrote:I do not have the pretension, nor the desire to reflect on your place; I just wish to tell you that the coherence of the parties is at the service of madness at all, that the mortifying mechanisms are justified by partial logic, truncated reasoning ... it's up to you to discover them!

Pinaise, I did not realize that an organic plot was in progress.
Thank you for opening my eyes! When I think that I was convinced that
respect for ecology and recycling were the royal way, if not
obliged to preserve the healthiness of our environment.

Fool me ounce ..... shame .. on ... you ... I do not know anymore ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 21/01/13, 01:47

Fun, but considering GWB look at this:
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=vE4DgsCq ... qP8U&gl=FR
Debate here ::
https://www.econologie.com/forums/post248891.html#248891

If there are conspiracies in our world? Let's see, let's see, but of course, there are factual plots that take different faces, and for oil, as Ahmed recalled elsewhere (one of the few who had pointed out the problem a long time ago ... before we care ...) the dice are stacked when we pay for oil in petrodollars, which brings "new money" across the Atlantic. A sort of "global tax" which would then be levied via the "greenback" board which is not green! (To answer your humor, always ask yourself the question: who is the "launderer" and what is his interest in recycling the dirty money ...) : Lol:

Arf, take Bu $ h against use to try to demonstrate that the "Conspiracy theory"would be fictitious, that one we had not yet seen in this forum! You would have a lot of Godwin point, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt hihihihihihihi

Without wanting to become paranoid, "conspiracies" do exist at the highest level:
Omerta, for example, exists at the UN level. Who to fight against this phenomenon and inter-organizational crime, launched the program "Zero tolerance". One could for example ask the question to know, if the secret meetings of the G20 (and other "G") which are indeed supranational meetings, do they not wallow on what the UN does:

Wikipedia wrote:Purpose of G20:
"Aims to promote international cooperation"

we can see that in reality these groups of powerful countries would have no reason to be and no legitimacy, since the legal framework already exists and that obviously, there is an interest not to go through it. ..

So the G20 is indeed "a kind of conspiracy" which borders on anti-democratic practices and therefore generally "against the will of the people" somewhere. Is the G20 useful? This is perhaps not so much the real question: It brings together the main heads of central banks! It is therefore an organization above all suspicion!

The whole question is whether there is a popular will to join the G20 or harm (would remain to prove what it means to harm in the specific context of ecology ... I have no answer) So a kind of "official conspiracy" that has been brought to the public square to prevent these meetings from being treated as "conspiracy", it is clever. If not, prove the opposite, but then it will be necessary to explain to us who would have elected those who participate in it? : roll:

For the organic plot, that's not the question, but let's answer the one to whom it's addressed.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 21/01/13, 08:23

For the organic plot, that's not the question, but let's answer the one to whom it's addressed.
indeed, it is simply the defense of enormous interests, the struggle of the pot of earth against the iron pot, it is not new.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/01/13, 12:43

Beware of the "so called" biodegradability of bioplastics, I had tested a few years ago and it did not work very well ... photos here:
https://www.econologie.com/forums/amidon-de- ... t6726.html

:| :|

On a fairly long scale, all plastics are "bio" degradable ... or rather "ecodegradable" (because it is more UV that degrades them than "bio")
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 21/01/13, 14:28

Suppose, but let's just assume, that the process works (except for oil tankers who would not like it) it may be like green fuel and everyone in the world rushes to grow these miracle plants: would that give? However, it goes without saying that the production of plastics from oil will not stop immediately, the solution may be a lesser evil!
0 x