Water heaters: the big waste?

Innovations, ideas or patents for sustainable development. Decrease in energy consumption, reduction of pollution, improvement of yields or processes ... Myths or reality about inventions of the past or the future: the inventions of Tesla, Newman, Perendev, Galey, Bearden, cold fusion ...
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 21/03/11, 21:36

Arnaud M wrote:It's downright economical to cut the heater on 3 days. In 2000 I was renting I realized that my hot water tank was consuming 2kWh every night, whether I use it or not (maybe the new models have a thermostat cutting the heating if already hot?) . By cutting it, the water of the third day began to tie, so I relaunched every 3 days. A saving economy at the end of 2 months!

Now with my little water heater on Butagaz it's super economical, already more subscription to pay!

2 kw every night! : Shock:

Can you post this in the right place: https://www.econologie.com/forums/humour-t1191.html

There was no insulation or what?

A well insulated 180 liters with its insulated pipes also consumes no more than a 25 bulb and even less!

You are also lighting up butane?

An error often made by installers is to position the water heater near the water inlet which is illogical because more water is allowed to flow to obtain hot water and more cold water is introduced into the water heater. the tank, I had just moved the CE near the bathroom and kitchen and I saved 300 $ CDN the following year on the bill.
Last edited by Alain G the 21 / 03 / 11, 21: 41, 1 edited once.
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
green
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by green » 21/03/11, 21:41

I made the reflection and also I realized that empty 300 The hot water then heat 300L cold water is exactly the same as L 300 add cold water gradually in 300 The hot water .
0 x
BaudouinLabrique
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: Electric Water Heater: The Big Waste?

by BaudouinLabrique » 24/02/18, 17:22

Solution to consume less for life and without depriving oneself!

I just opened a Topic that will show you how to do it at very low cost
0 x
«There are those who see things as they are and wonder why. Me, I see them as they could be and I say to myself: why not! (Sir Bernard Shaw)
« The future belongs to those who see the possibilities before they become obvious. (Theodore Levitt).
peter
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: Electric Water Heater: The Big Waste?

by peter » 28/10/23, 12:54

I suppose in the age of hyperinflation, it would be good to bring up some old topics.

Moreover, the time change for example, does the hot water tank take it into account on consumption?
When the off-peak hour becomes full... will the bill be higher?
How will EDF account for it?
0 x

Go back to "Innovations, inventions, patents and ideas for sustainable development"