Video: Gillier-Pantone engine (vulcano) on trawler

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 10/03/08, 10:02

Andre wrote:the pipes and the exhaust in a boat are cooled with water to avoid a rise in temperature of the engine compartment, the ventilation is not enough ..

Indeed, for safety reasons, the maritime legislation imposes a very strong insulation of the exhaust pipes, or a cooling by injection of water, system which in the passage must be regularly cleaned because it forms hard deposits of soot which gradually obstruct the cooled elbow ...
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 11/03/08, 09:16

Pierre-Yves wrote:I am totally amazed by so much Science !! As he is doing this Mr. Albertix !! Or, he invented a generator of sentences randomly picking words from a scientific dictionary ...

I do not dare to imagine this generator using his words in a political dictionary ... How? It's already done ?

yes, there is the pipotron

and janclodtron, my favorite Image
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 11/03/08, 10:14

Chatham wrote:In fact, maritime legislation requires, for reasons of safety, either very high insulation of the exhaust pipes

Perfect for a Gilllier-Pantone.
0 x

Go back to "Water injection in heat engines: information and explanations"