Video: Gillier-Pantone engine (vulcano) on trawler

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 11/12/07, 16:45

Hello
Christophe wrote:No it just means different conditions of use, different measuring tools and a lack of industrialization!

10% is already huge for trawlers (in absolute terms) and it pisses off Total ... which pushes to reduce consumption by 2 to 3% but no more ... just to say "look, we are doing something for you"...

Any proportion kept would have to see the dimensions of the reactors on 80cv tractor and also look on a boat of 400 cv
We should also establish the ratio water / diesel comsomer, to see if we can do comparable, do not forget that the boat guys are only in the beginnings of adaptation on large engines and we must give them time to to evolve ..

Andre
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/12/07, 16:51

Well the problem is that there is nothing to expect vulcano about the technical details ...

I'm not even sure they know them themselves ...

In short they sell but do not understand ...
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 11/12/07, 17:44

What I wanted to say is that I have the impression that they make more than ten percent profit, and that they do not dare to say it ....
Holala, !!!!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/12/07, 17:47

Ben voui ... topic already widely discussed (especially with the Copra) but it makes things happen no?

The only thing that disturbs me is the reputation and almost systematic appropriation :(
0 x
Pierre-Yves
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Pierre-Yves » 08/03/08, 11:11

On the two trawlers of Boulogne, one is 10% less consumption, the other 0%. On the 10%, the behavior change share is estimated locally at 3% ... (10 - 3) / 2 = 3,5%: there is not much left for the Vulcano system! Not enough to flirt, therefore, especially since both trawlers work in the same conditions.

I will try to find out more by going on site.

It has been said that Vulcano merely humidified the intake air. Who can give me directions on this?
0 x
optimization, energy savings
http://www.avel-vor.fr
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 08/03/08, 11:59

lejustemilieu wrote:It's weird, the "vulcano" system ....
Each time farmers install the "pantone gillard" on their tractor, they save between 25 and 30%.

Read: "claim" to save 30% ... the real reality is often different ...
On a boat, for a given speed the propeller absorbs a power "P", with or without water injection the power absorbed remains the same ... not possible to cheat or manipulate figures ... : Cheesy:
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 08/03/08, 12:11

Exact !
Nothing to say
0 x
Pierre-Yves
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Pierre-Yves » 08/03/08, 12:39

Chatham wrote:On a boat, for a given speed the propeller absorbs a power "P", with or without water injection, the power absorbed remains the same ...

Can we not say the same thing for a car: "for a given speed the wheel absorbs a power P"?

My question was whether the Vulcano system was a simple humidifier or not, which would explain the level of economy observed.
0 x
optimization, energy savings

http://www.avel-vor.fr
rodibruno
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

HUMEDO AREA

by rodibruno » 08/03/08, 13:09

Pierre-Yves wrote:
Chatham wrote:On a boat, for a given speed the propeller absorbs a power "P", with or without water injection, the power absorbed remains the same ...

Can we not say the same thing for a car: "for a given speed the wheel absorbs a power P"?

My question was whether the Vulcano system was a simple humidifier or not, which would explain the level of economy observed.

HELLO MY FRIENDS :
DO I UNDERSTAND? DOES VULCANO SYSTEM NOT HAVE A REACTOR HEATED BY THE LEAK GASES?
being SUCH, I COME TO THEM THAT I AM CONNECTED TO A FORUM OF HYDROGEN AND THEY COMMENTS ON A REDUCTION IN CONSUMPTION, BY THE SINGLE SUCTION OF HUMIDIFIED AIR WHEN A FUSE IS CUT FROM THE HYDROGEN GENERATOR, THE PUBLISHED FIGURES ARE A ROUND OF 10%.
THE VERDIER SYSTEM (FRANCE) ALSO DELIVERS AN AIR HUMIDIFIED BY ALCOHOL AND WATER.
SALUDOS DSDE ARGENTINA !!
RHODES
0 x
Other

by Other » 08/03/08, 15:25

Hello
Pierre-Yves wrote:On the two trawlers of Boulogne, one is 10% less consumption, the other 0%. On the 10%, the behavior change share is estimated locally at 3% ... (10 - 3) / 2 = 3,5%: there is not much left for the Vulcano system! Not enough to flirt, therefore, especially since both trawlers work in the same conditions.

I will try to find out more by going on site.

It has been said that Vulcano merely humidified the intake air. Who can give me directions on this?

Personally when I test 3,5% and even 5% this is part of the margin of error it simply means no measurable gain. with our little way
20% and 30% it's measurable
I do not know Vulacano or the way it is installed, just seen the box in photos from the outside, no more than hypnosis
but before marketing something, we must make sure that it is functional and even have a follow-up on the syteme sold, otherwise it is doomed to failure .. (a user not content is more damaged than 10 users satisfied ..)

For Chatman it's not because a propeller that it should not work, quite the contrary
Since you know the Lycoming engines you should know how to consume too
On a Lycoming o-290 D-2 135hp with a MaCCauley propeller
DTM 75 50 has 2350rpm cruise 20,2 liters per hour with water doping measured accurate with a cup measured at the end (I leave you the care to seek the original consumption of this engine do not forget that it harness on a 172m cessna propeller of 1,90m which the diameter of that of a Musketeer ..
As we are on a forum, I will not go into the details you understand why ..

Those who think that just make the engine swallow the humid air it tries (I've never seen a plane engine get upset when it comes in a cloud of white cotton ..

Andre
0 x

Go back to "Water injection in heat engines: information and explanations"