TIPE: Pantone reactor

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/04/06, 23:23

York3k2 wrote:Hi everybody,
I just had a question for Cristophe: do you have any idea of ​​octane cracking enthalpies in a plasma-free environment? Otherwise would you know where I might find an indication?

Thank you in advance.
York3k2

In a medium under plasma not (what does that mean first? :D because any HC in a plasma is cracked) ... but during my project it seems to me that I calculated the enthalpy of cracking (thermal) for gasoline ... but it was very basic.

The problem is that to have precise data has entered into industrial secrecy (refining) ... see defense secrecy (cooling of the superstructure of future supersonic planes (> Mach3) by cracking the fuel ... ONERA)
0 x
York3k2
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by York3k2 » 25/04/06, 22:53

Hi everybody,
I just wanted to tell you that I found my four-stroke engine (mower)

In terms of piping and soldering, will copper pipes and silver solder (with an oxygen-ethylene torch) be enough to hold the time for a few tests and experiments in your opinion?

Any other advice on engine modification is not to be refused

thanks again

York3k2
0 x
JLS
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by JLS » 26/04/06, 11:45

Hi York3K2,

You are considering a "scientific" study of the Pantonne process and I congratulate you because there are many practical applications, but few reliable figures.

I may be a little flabby joy but it seems to me that the engine is already too complex to start an experiment on this theme.

In fact, in addition to the essential motor adjustments more or less hacked on a more or less worn mill, you will need to set up a whole armada of power measurement instruments, torque meter, consometer, etc ... because it is not enough not only that the engine is running, you need to know what is more about using the Pantone reactor.

Personally, an experience that seems to me basic and uplifting in terms of reactor performance, hydrocarbon kracking, easy to quantify and able to integrate a "lab" given its size, is the oil burner Mr.David ( See website As, M.David, Page8)

With almost nothing you turn a flame "oil" yellow and steaming in a torch "white flame" able to melt a steel blade around 1400 °!

If this experience is reproducible (I do not think there is cheating), it is to screw your ass on the floor!

Frankly, the guy who will be able to scientifically explore what is happening between entry and exit will deserve the praise of Pantonists of all stripes.

Good luck, whatever you do is good.

A+

J-Luc
0 x
rezut
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by rezut » 26/04/06, 12:03

hello York3k2

are copper pipes and silver solder (using an oxygen-ethylene torch

for reactor inlet and outlet no problem but not the reactor or its rod which must remain in steel or stainless steel

for the models or idea inspire you pages on quanthomme

good tinker and keep us posted
0 x
JLS
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by JLS » 26/04/06, 12:04

PS

Also look at P15 where M.David recounts the calorific powers of various known gases, in comparison with what he got in his burner !!!

Is it mind-blowing?

A+
0 x
York3k2
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by York3k2 » 26/05/06, 10:21

Greetings everyone, it was starting to be a long time ago but the job in preparation requires ...

I wanted to know if Cristophe had any details to add regarding the formation of plasma by the reactor. I was just wondering if there had been other corrections to be made to the engineer's report since this aspect is not very detailed. Otherwise too bad, I would do the same for TIPE.

Thank you all.
York3k2

PS: unfortunately, time is running out and I will have to give up my start of editing ...... :(
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/05/06, 10:27

Yes I will have a clarification: I never said there was plasma in the reactor. therefore NO I do not risk developing this aspect! Unless obviously if you consider that a hot and ionized gas is a plasma ... (which is true ... but good ...)

If the goal of your teachers and to discredit the thing (which I think in some cases) it is quite normal that they insist on this point ...
0 x
bolt
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by bolt » 26/05/06, 11:38

Hello
What are all the possible definitions of "plasma" :?:

bolt
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/05/06, 13:10

This page is really not bad to have bases:

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physique_des_plasmas

Including this image:

And yes a flame, even a lighter, is a plasma, like any combustion elsewhere ... and internal combustion engines could very well be called internal plasma engine : Cheesy:
0 x
York3k2
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by York3k2 » 28/05/06, 17:58

Good morning all
Another question for Cristophe (dsl :)): on page 37, it is determined that the enthalpy of water reforming reaction follows the law 0,0033 * T ^ 2 + 10,96 * T + 284946. What poses a problem for me is that this formula does not seem to work at 25 deg Celsius or I found that it needed 288 kj / mol while in theory it takes 345 kj / mol (enthalpy of formation). Why is there such a difference? Is it because we set the ref pressure to something other than 1 bar? Is it true that to crack a molecule you have to provide it with its enthalpy of formation? Or is it simply that the theoretical values ​​are only indicative and indicate only an order of magnitude?

Thank you for your reply.

York3k2
0 x

Go back to "Water injection in heat engines: information and explanations"