Photos of Pantone burner Mr David

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
Christophe

Photos of Pantone burner Mr David

by Christophe » 23/08/06, 19:21

Some pictures found on an old hard drive that I took in 2001 ... a month after graduation..that time has passed since that date ...

1) Editing

This is of course a hand-made assembly with a gas pump palette (constant speed).

The fuel supply is made by a small carburetor of mob (15mm of diameter I think) which one sees on the left.

The fuel is domestic fuel oil and the starting is done with a blowtorch, pump on, heating the "reactor" a little and igniting the vapors.

The 1ere flame is quite impressive.

The speed of rotation of the pump is constant (the flow is therefore not really constant because there is an expansion of the gases).

2) Ignition

3) Evolution of the flame with the temperature of the reactor

30 seconds
1 min
1 min 30
2 min

4) Hot Flame

5) Color of a saw in the flame after 2 at 3 second

Here I await your reactions to share my own analysis.
Last edited by Christophe the 22 / 05 / 12, 19: 03, 2 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/08/06, 19:38

Last edited by Christophe the 11 / 05 / 12, 17: 18, 1 edited once.
0 x
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 23/08/06, 22:10

I had seen the shema, but the photos are worth the shots!
I do not realize, if a conventional boiler burner produces as much heat ?, it would be interesting to compare the consumption of fuel oil.
In addition the flame heats the reactor at 1 single point, it could be better oriented from the front, slightly in biez, so that the flame "leche more length the body of the reactor, in the opposite direction as it is (; north oriented : Cheesy: )
and tried to gradually put a% water, interesting experience to do.
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 23/08/06, 22:45

What would be interesting also is to compare the temperatures and light spectra of the flames resulting from the combustion of the fuel oil and the gas leaving the burner.

If the 'fuel' undergoes a chemical modification (cracking, partial oxidation, ...) it is possible that the temperature and the spectrum of the flame are very different.
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 23/08/06, 23:05

: Cheesy: The burner of Mr. DAVID is a reformer using the principle of partial oxidation "(the fuel reacts with air).

There is a "housekeeping" application of this process in pressurized gas appliances. These devices are well known among mountaineers, travelers and seasoned campers ... These are stoves and especially lamps, the most emblematic is PETROMAX.
http://alalumieredupasse.com/?Principe_ ... tionnement

For having recently dismantled one, I was immediately surprised by the many similarities with the Pantone reactors! : Shock:

I even planned to create a post on these devices at super-high yields!
400 watt of light during 8 at 12h with about 1litre of oil (of type for heating "zibro"). [/ Url]
0 x
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 23/08/06, 23:27

it's expensive, but it's a beautiful lamp.
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 24/08/06, 07:36

Hello

The fuel supply is made by a small carburetor of mob (15mm of diameter I think) which one sees on the left

The carburettor must be almost completely clogged the air intake is through a hole of 3 4 mm (choke hole) the carburetor is depressed enough to pass gas oil ..

It may seem extraordinary to make such a flame as hot and blue with red oil, but this experience can be reproduced without panton and arrives at a similar flame.
(The industrial burners with oil and vapor for atomized when it goes down diets it make a blue flame like natural gas)
you only have to look at a gasoline soldering lamp it is a beautiful blue flame and if you want to increase the temperature of the flame just preheat the air and fuel to achieve the same result ..

In my burner ball, I burn oil most of the oils can be burned, the flame is very hot exceed the melting point of copper without heating the air of combustion, if I warm up the combustion air , a chromel thermocouple alumel, does not resist. no more than the burner tube if it is steel, still months in stainless steel, after 20 has 30 hours of walking l, stainless steel disappears into green oxide slab. It takes a refractory nozzle.

All burners if the components are warmed up before burning they reach high temperatures and a transparent flame.

For an experimental burner we can go for the highest possible temperature. But in practice for a heating unit, it is better to have a lower temperature less than 1000c the components and the fireplace have a longer life and just have more volume of heating.
In my case I maintain the temperature in the 1100c 1200c
I use this burner for a forge heating and to melt aluminum sink small pieces.

In this experiment he would have to remove the rod and crush the reactor tube to make a more efficient exchanger the result would have been similar. Or a bundle of small tubes.
Part of the heat of the burner is used to heat the intake gas, globally one reaches a level of higher temperature.
The only interesting point is that the combustion becomes more complete, but with the same amount of fuel, if we had to heat a reservoir of water, I do not think that there would be a great differrence with a burner 900c and a burner has 1200c

A gasoline engine 100% panton, hot oiled the rod removed, less well than with a rod, it smokes a little, but it works ... a note the small reactors works better than the big ones if you remove the rods. .
The Chambrin system if it was not so complicated to realize, I think it must be superior to the panton ..

Now be careful not to do too much similarity with water doping, this mistake cost me a lot of energy and time.

Andre
Last edited by Other the 27 / 08 / 06, 06: 02, 1 edited once.
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 24/08/06, 10:31

As I wrote:
citro wrote:: cheesy: The burner of Mr DAVID is a reformer using the principle of partial oxidation"(the fuel reacts with air).

it is an exothermic reaction (which gives off heat).

- Doping with water is steam reforming (the fuel reacts with water)
it is an endothermic reaction (which absorbs heat).

But we can make the amalgam;
- Autothermal reforming (the fuel reacts with air AND water).
Once the reactor is warmed up (with air), the water is added, which absorbs the excess of calories by generating its reaction. The result is an autothermal reactor.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/08/06, 10:38

citro wrote:But we can make the amalgam;
- Autothermal reforming (the fuel reacts with air AND water).
Once the reactor is warmed up (with air), the water is added, which absorbs the excess of calories by generating its reaction. The result is an autothermal reactor.

Good point, moreover, Renault is working on the top for the PAC :)

By cons on this assembly there is no water that is injected into the "reactor" ...
0 x
papipol
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Photos of Mr David's Pantone burner

by papipol » 11/11/17, 19:11

Hello I'm newly registered but I'm interested in Paul Pantone for a long time without ever trying his burner I just start editing and first trials it does not work I think it's a matter of burner and mixture but as there are only a few photos and more news of Mr David it's not easy can you give me more info I spot in my next message to attach pictures Thank you more Papipol
0 x