Water injection competing in 80 years

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
bolt
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by bolt » 17/12/06, 23:30

here a little different water injection, but apparently it ignites : Mrgreen: :
http://www.perrotfeeler.com/index2.htm
click on hydrogen peroxide
0 x
PITMIX
Pantone engine Researcher

by PITMIX » 18/12/06, 10:44

Hello
Reading the text on the site, I saw that at -10 ° C the power is at the top in good weather.
And as everyone knows good weather at -10 ° C means very dry weather.
At -10 ° C the slightest drop of water suspended in the air gives haze. While at 30 ° C the same amount of water in the air would go unnoticed.
It is a fact that the reactor gives better results in summer than in winter since the air can contain more water.
But why does one have the impression that the engine is more powerful in summer with the reactor in service than in winter even without reactor?
Because the engine power at -10 ° C is already at its maximum, so the reactor does nothing more?
Because the reactor is drowned?
We have seen that the reactor outlet temperature must be high for it to function well.
How can we obtain a power gain if the intake temperature is heated by the steam leaving the reactor?
Is this proof that something else is happening than what the water injection brings?
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 18/12/06, 14:06

Christophe wrote:Water injection is now prohibited by the WRC regulations, but I didn't think it was authorized until 2005 ...

http://www.ffsa.org/pratiquer/france_auto/fa67.pdf

page 27 of .pdf right column
Yes.
Even this year, moreover, the crews entered in "Constructors 2" could run with 2005 models, the main differences of which with the 2006 specifications were: piloted bridges and water injection.

Example among others: Dani Sordo in the Kronos team, teammate of Loeb.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 18/12/06, 14:22

Andre wrote:[...] If I read the post they say that sucking in hot humid air (stormy) is unfavorable on the maximum power (and it's true) [...]
The drop in power is not linked to humidity but to the drop in atmospheric pressure.
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 18/12/06, 21:16

Ok lumberjack
So the good weather at -10 ° C is the result of a high atmospheric pressure.
0 x
laurent.delaon
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by laurent.delaon » 18/12/06, 21:49

Hello,
at low temperature and for an identical amount of air the volume is smaller .... so when it is cold the same engine sucks in more air and therefore oxygen it has more oxidizer. it works better. for a diesel my reasoning seems correct to me because the diesel swallows the same volume of air so if the air is cold (little dilated) it swallows more.
0 x
Other

by Other » 19/12/06, 01:34

Hello,
For the atmospheric pressure there is a small difference, the temperature also influences, hot air = expanded air.
on a plane in the raz mote and at 500 meters you don't notice a big difference in power, but at 2000 meters you start to feel a difference, (despite the fact that the air is cooler)
Now what if the engine is trubo with an intercooler? the turbo when it reaches its pressure limit at full power, the (west gate) reduces it, and the intercooler cools the compressed air, so the temperature and pressure in front of the turbo does not affect as much as a atmospheric engine ..

Andre
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 19/12/06, 10:32

Conclusion
I'm going to put an air conditioning in the air duct of the Golf engine : Cheesy:

By the way, I found a lot of good things about a company that works on cleaning up diesel fuel with water injection.
I already talked about it on my post https://www.econologie.com/forums/un-debut-d ... t1416.html
Search for "swirlflash" on Google
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 19/12/06, 13:44

PITMIX wrote:Ok lumberjack
So the good weather at -10 ° C is the result of a high atmospheric pressure.
The good weather is the result of a high atmospheric pressure, generally located around 1025 - 1030 mbar and the fact that it is -10 ° C makes that the density of the air is higher (like at my house this morning : Mrgreen: but it had to be only -1 ° C or -2 ° C, roughly ...)
0 x
Christophe

Re: Water injection competing in the 80 years

by Christophe » 13/03/18, 18:08

And in practice this gave the BMW Megatron (among others): Water-injection engine pantone / bmw-megatron-turbo petrol-1450ch-and-a-injection of water-t14238.html

Yes I know it is a beautiful digging up! But there are some interesting info above which are always relevant!
1 x