Water injection competing in 80 years

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 12/06/06, 18:53

Econology wrote:
Woodcutter wrote:Illustration for the Silverstone GP Sunday 11/06: full load time this year = 71%, full load time last year = 59% ...

Impressing the difference ... zon flange the engines or it is the weather conditions + favorable? :D
No, zon reduced the displacement to 2400 cc and replaced the soft tires ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/06/06, 19:34

So, well, the engines are well restrained :)

ps: Saab's article is available but you have probably already read it via the news water injection by SAAB
Last edited by Christophe the 14 / 08 / 06, 14: 00, 1 edited once.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 12/06/06, 21:56

Mwoué .... :?
I don't call it "bridle" but hey ...
The will of the federation was obviously to reduce performance by reducing power without breaking your head.
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 12/06/06, 23:36

In addition, their z 'stung 2 cylinders : Evil:
@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
nialabert
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by nialabert » 13/06/06, 13:48

Anyway, it was useless it goes faster than last year ... : Cheesy:
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 13/06/06, 22:12

Only (or almost ...) because of the tires!
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 17/12/06, 17:55

Hello
I just found a site that talks about the power of the engines depending on atmospheric conditions.
I think that the injection of water used in the competition engines of the 80s served to give the equivalent of the best possible climatic condition at the admission level.
http://www.problemauto.com/?612/Puissance-moteur

Mind-blowing on a car donated for 231hp, you get up to 50hp difference depending on the T ° and the Patmo.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 17/12/06, 18:09

PITMIX wrote:[...] I think that the water injection used in the competition engines of the 80s served to give the equivalent of the best possible climatic condition at the level of the admission. [...]
Concerning turbos (in F1 in the 80s and until 2005 in WRC) the water injection is used to cool the intake air as much as possible (heated when it is compressed by the compressor) to give it the greatest density possible.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/12/06, 19:52

Water injection is now prohibited by the WRC regulations, but I didn't think it was authorized until 2005 ...

http://www.ffsa.org/pratiquer/france_auto/fa67.pdf

page 27 of .pdf right column
0 x
Other

by Other » 17/12/06, 23:29

Hello
PITMIX wrote:Hello
I just found a site that talks about the power of the engines depending on atmospheric conditions.
I think that the injection of water used in the competition engines of the 80s served to give the equivalent of the best possible climatic condition at the admission level.
http://www.problemauto.com/?612/Puissance-moteur

Mind-blowing on a car donated for 231hp, you get up to 50hp difference depending on the T ° and the Patmo.

It is a fact that we go out more (maximum power) in cold weather at -10 than in summer at +30 and aircraft pilots know this. Performance increases in cold weather, but also for other reasons density air on the wings and on the propeller.
Now in winter consumption is increasing, all the vehicles I have used consume more in winter than in summer.
So be careful when talking about power and efficiency, the maximum power that an engine can give is one thing, but the energy that can give an engine with 1 liters of gas is another thing and ( generally) the design of the engine goes to the reverse of the powerful,
a 3-cylinder single cylinder engine with a long stroke would perform better than a 12-liter V3, but not very practical in use.
If I read the post it says that sucking in hot humid air (stormy) is unfavorable on the maximum power (and it is true) however with the panton we do exactly that of humid air in the engine and we save money and we also have less maximum power. Often we think that this is due to the restrictions and the hot air that we downstream, but also the vapor took a place of oxygen in the volume swallowed, so you can't put the same fuel load on it and you lose on maximum power.

Certain Pulling competition tractors, it installs a system to put the diesel very cold (to inject more)

Andre
Last edited by Other the 18 / 12 / 06, 00: 12, 1 edited once.
0 x